Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you even feel a little bit bad?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next

yksraya

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 9:53 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Sorry, I can't tell if you're serious or not. I think you are. You're seriously saying that the fact that your husband sells vaccines puts you in position to thoroughly understand the issue? My husband sells spaceship equipment. Can I join NASA on their next trip to the moon?

1. Can you name a few vaccine ingredients?

2. do you know how many doses of how many vaccines the CDC recommends between birth and 18?

3. Can you provide a study showing vaccinated vs unvaccinated health outcomes?

4. What is an acceptable amount of aluminum to ingest per day and how much is injected via the hep B vaccine?

5. What is the death rate from measles in the US in the last 15 years and what is the death rate from the MMR vaccine during the same time period?

6. What is your best guess as to the percentage of the pro vax community on imamother that is able to answer a single one of the above questions?

I see your questions were answered already. So I'll respond to #5.

Although in some cases there might have been some injury from vaccines, or that infants died of SIDS and it was wrongly blamed on the vaccines, when really it could've been anything (infants die from SIDS even before they can be vaccinated, it's usually a birth defect not detected etc). The rate is not that high.

In the pre vaccines era, how many people have died from measles? Or from complications/illnesses that was a result of the weakened immune system due to measles? How many people stayed paralyzed, deaf, brain damaged, due to the measles? Should we go back there to pre war europe? Do you want that? Go back to a time when there was a "natural living" lifestyle? Do you know that in those times many many people died from "natural causes"? Do the math!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:15 am
If you really want to look at this from the perspective of a non vaccinator, They mostly feel bad for all the young children that are being injected since birth.
Anti vaxxers don’t get vaccinated themselves so It should be obvious that they don’t feel bad for someone else who isn’t vaccinated. They believe that person is better without it.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:16 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
True. But he’s going to protect himself and his own children first.

I don't blame him but is there a way for EMTS to protect themselves when transporting people who have any type of infection, such as Hepatitis A or pertussis, as well as measles and chicken pox?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:23 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
If you really want to look at this from the perspective of a non vaccinator, They mostly feel bad for all the young children that are being injected since birth.

My anti-vax friends blame most autism, autoimmune disorders, and some cancers on vaccines so I agree with you that they think vaccines are harming people. They believe that little kids who are not vaccinated have fewer common childhood illnesses such as allergies and ear infections. Only problem is; they don't have enough evidence for these theories to be established as fact.

abound

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:32 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
My husband absolutely refuses to go on a measles call. Let them call 911.

Wondering how he can do that? How would he know if the family does not vaccinate or it is a kid who was too young to get the vaccine?
Also can he legally refuse care or as a volunteer he gets to decide which calls to go on......?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:32 am
finallyamommy wrote:
OP, can you go in public if you wear a mask maybe?

I don't like being a spectacle. When I have to use my cane, everyone stares at school functions. I get all teary eyed. Imagine with a mask

(PSA please don't stare if someone is different.)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:37 am
yksraya wrote:
I see your questions were answered already. So I'll respond to #5.

Although in some cases there might have been some injury from vaccines, or that infants died of SIDS and it was wrongly blamed on the vaccines, when really it could've been anything (infants die from SIDS even before they can be vaccinated, it's usually a birth defect not detected etc). The rate is not that high.

In the pre vaccines era, how many people have died from measles? Or from complications/illnesses that was a result of the weakened immune system due to measles? How many people stayed paralyzed, deaf, brain damaged, due to the measles? Should we go back there to pre war europe? Do you want that? Go back to a time when there was a "natural living" lifestyle? Do you know that in those times many many people died from "natural causes"? Do the math!

OP here

The cost to society of each case od the measles is on average $37,000.

What of the cost to cover the baby born 25 weeks because the mom didn't vaccinate. That baby's care is probably in the millions. What od the human cost and life time injuries of being born at 25 weeks?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:50 am
abound wrote:
Wondering how he can do that? How would he know if the family does not vaccinate or it is a kid who was too young to get the vaccine?
Also can he legally refuse care or as a volunteer he gets to decide which calls to go on......?

He gets to decide which calls to go on. Nobody can force him to go on a call.

OutATowner

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:53 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
STOP STARTING VAXX THREADS! THERE ARE DOZENS THREADS WITH THE SAME VENT, BUMP IT UP.
And no, antivaxxers don't feel bad for anyone.

Didn't read responses, but.... you can block the vaccine forum if it bothers you. That is why all vaccine threads are here. OP is in pain, she is not the same as "all the other threads." She is a real person at home, worrying and wondering. If that bothers you, skip the thread.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:33 am
op what you may not realize is that many people with the measles were under the assumption that they were immune just like you were and no longer are.
I was looking to become pregnant so I checked my titters and was no longer immune. I had to take another mmr and then checked a month later to be sure im now immune.
People assume the mmr is for life.

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 11:35 am
Maybe the school can set up a live link to you. Also definitely do something special at home.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 12:26 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
op what you may not realize is that many people with the measles were under the assumption that they were immune just like you were and no longer are.
I was looking to become pregnant so I checked my titters and was no longer immune. I had to take another mmr and then checked a month later to be sure im now immune.
People assume the mmr is for life.

Are you responding to me? I was using contraceptive not to become pregnant & got pregnant suprisingly. I was not ttc at the time. I was told years ago that my rubella immunity is going & get it after a birth. I thought I was given the shot after a birth. Seems like I wasn't given. Now because of outbreak they check for measles immunity which they never did up until now. Came back that both to rubella & measles I am not immune to. I hope the info is not accurate & still have some immunity. I live in Brooklyn where the outbreak is strong. Can't lock myself in for 9 months. That is exactly the reason why everyone should get it so the people who can't get it & are vulnerable & it's dangerous to them shouldn't get affected. like cancer patients, infants, elderly, pregnant women. Now I will make sure to get a booster after birth.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It turns out that I don't have immunity to measles. Living anywhere else in the US but in the frum community or 5 counties in California, I wouldn't have to get the MMR vaccines again. Because of my frail health, getting vaccinated is an issue. I don't have a choice now even though my doctor said it was almost certain I will get a reaction with a fever and possibly a rash.

I can't go to shul or any public places because of the non- vaxers. I need to wait until at least 28 more days. You destroyed herd immunity. My doctor told me that one more infection could kill me.

Don't you care about others? Do you feel bad for causing me distress?

I feel so so so so sorry for you. Poor you. I hope this passes quickly n easily for you. Probably so tough.

My nephew got a Dtap and was delirious for three days after. He then started regressing. The top neurologist in the country where he lived then confirmed the "correlation"
My cousin got a shot and had extremely high temp for two weeks and stopped doing the milestones he had and has multiple issues since. Serious issues.
Another one found her baby blue in bed the night of vaccine.
And another one developed seizures right after
And then there are some in the family who blame some other issues on the vaccine based on some reason or another but maybe yes maybe no
Do you feel sorry for me?
Of course the shots are perfect and gods gift to humanity. It's simply my family who has a defect
Oh, and due to the outbreak, I kept my kids home whenever they were under the weather. Until I went to a measles party and kept them under house arrest until the contagion was over. In order to protect people like you
It was a hard winter
Unlike my neighbor who clearly had a measles rash but pranced around with the claim that she got two MMRs
I'm sorry that the health department failed you by forgetting to educate us on how to identify measles and stay isolated. Because promoting vaccinations took priority

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here

The cost to society of each case od the measles is on average $37,000.

What of the cost to cover the baby born 25 weeks because the mom didn't vaccinate. That baby's care is probably in the millions. What od the human cost and life time injuries of being born at 25 weeks?

What's the cost of caring for a vaccine injured child?
Why are chuidrent getting measles in a time when it's hard for their body to fight it when they should've had immunity from their mom or older people who should've gotten in between 5-10 which is costing the state so much money to care for them
What about the 4 billion dollars That the gov paid as compensation for vaccine injury

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:09 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My anti-vax friends blame most autism, autoimmune disorders, and some cancers on vaccines so I agree with you that they think vaccines are harming people. They believe that little kids who are not vaccinated have fewer common childhood illnesses such as allergies and ear infections. Only problem is; they don't have enough evidence for these theories to be established as fact.

That's exactly the problem. Why isn't CDC doing enough studies to prove this wrong or right
Saying that it's safe abd effective doesn't magically make it so

nchr

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:18 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
That's exactly the problem. Why isn't CDC doing enough studies to prove this wrong or right

Because there have already been enough studies on autism that we can say with 100% certainty that it is not causes by vaccines, especially not the MMR. There is strong scientific evidence linking it to mothers exposed to DDT in pregnancy which isn't used today.

How could you conduct a study on an infant getting a vaccine and seeing if they develop psoriasis at 40? It's not related.

Also, while the number of vaccines has increased the viral load (amount of virus) is significantly lower so an infants entire group of vaccines exposes them to less of a viral load than two or three vaccines from the 70s and 80s.

Also, in real life, the only children I personally know with ADHD were delayed vax but that is scientifically insignificant.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:27 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
What's the cost of caring for a vaccine injured child?
Why are chuidrent getting measles in a time when it's hard for their body to fight it when they should've had immunity from their mom or older people who should've gotten in between 5-10 which is costing the state so much money to care for them
What about the 4 billion dollars That the gov paid as compensation for vaccine injury

We have proven that measles didn't always occur at the optimum time prior to mass vaccination It is ignorance of history and touting false claims that discredits anything else that you have to say.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:30 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

I believe that numerous studies on the link between vaccines and various health issues were done.

nchr

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:34 pm
southernbubby wrote:
We have proven that measles didn't always occur at the optimum time prior to mass vaccination It is ignorance of history and touting false claims that discredits anything else that you have to say.

All of the statements you were responded to ha w been refuted by science.

1. Children born to mothers who received the MMR have comparable measles immunity to those whose mothers had measles. Their protection from the womb begins to wean, equally for both children whose mothers had MMR and children whose mothers had natural measles, around 6 months of age.

2. The MMR provides lifelong immunity. Through adulthood and geriatrics to measles for over 97% of people. Natural measles provides lifelong immunity for about the same percentage of people.

3. Money paid by the govt for vaccine injury includes the small percentage of people legitimately injured but also includes people who were not injured by vaccines but claimed to be. These individuals do not need go scientifically prove they were injured by vaccines. There are billions of more people alive today because of vaccines and suggesting your child will be in the less than 1 percent is not rational.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:39 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I feel so so so so sorry for you. Poor you. I hope this passes quickly n easily for you. Probably so tough.

My nephew got a Dtap and was delirious for three days after. He then started regressing. The top neurologist in the country where he lived then confirmed the "correlation"
My cousin got a shot and had extremely high temp for two weeks and stopped doing the milestones he had and has multiple issues since. Serious issues.
Another one found her baby blue in bed the night of vaccine.
And another one developed seizures right after
And then there are some in the family who blame some other issues on the vaccine based on some reason or another but maybe yes maybe no
Do you feel sorry for me?
Of course the shots are perfect and gods gift to humanity. It's simply my family who has a defect
Oh, and due to the outbreak, I kept my kids home whenever they were under the weather. Until I went to a measles party and kept them under house arrest until the contagion was over. In order to protect people like you
It was a hard winter
Unlike my neighbor who clearly had a measles rash but pranced around with the claim that she got two MMRs
I'm sorry that the health department failed you by forgetting to educate us on how to identify measles and stay isolated. Because promoting vaccinations took priority

I do agree that health departments learned several lessons the hard way.
I also think that studies should be done on families like yours, to determine if members of such families should avoid most vaccines. One of my sons was unable to be vaccinated from the age of 5, due to a bad reaction to a flu shot but recently was successful at handling the MMR as an adult. There are people who can't be safely vaccinated and hopefully science will learn how to identify them.
Page 3 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  4 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics