Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
"Pull Apart" Challah

Crayon210

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 12:30 pm
I have been wanting to make a pull apart challah and was told "oh it's so easy, you just make little balls and put them in the pan" but it doesn't come out quite so nice as it should. Does anyone make these at home?

Tefila

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 3:00 pm
Yep like a grape design and the kids have fun making it and pulling it apart. Simple and fun 8)
Also u don't need a pan 4 it , I use my basic oven rack, tinfoil and let it rise on it. If u put them close together then it will stick naturually in the rising and baking process.

supermom

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 3:09 pm
I make them in a flower looks nice too. everyone loves it so does my kids especially when they can just pull it apart so easily.

Post Mon, Aug 22 2005, 4:19 pm
Here's what I do (I just started making it this way last week!). Buy circle tins- if I need small challahs I use a smaller circle tin. for these smaller tins I make the dough into balls a little bigger than golf-ball size. put one in middle and about 6-7 around it. they should all be touching each other- don't leave space between them. I let it rise again (10 minutes or more in a 200 degree oven) then egg them, and bake at 325'. if using the bigger size circle tins (which is normal size for round cakes) just make the balls a little bigger- they rise up and into each other, but still pull apart very nicely!

p.s. try to make the balls as equal size as possible- it'll work if they're uneven in size, but looks nicer if they're all the same.

Crayon210

Post Thu, Sep 01 2005, 2:25 pm
I made them on the rack like freilich suggested, they came out great! Thanks so much!

RedVines

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 11:32 pm
I made it this week in the circle pans in a flower shape, it was great, thanks ladies!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads