Home

Speech Therapy burn out
Previous  1, 2, 3

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Pink

Post  Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:39 am
I’m an SLP and love what I do, but only because I specialized in an in-demand niche area and was able to open a private practice where my caseload is 100% that population, which I love. I hated working in the schools and in a SNF. If you’re willing to work hard and spend your own money for training, you can pursue training in a specialty area and build a reputation as the go-to person for this. I sell therapy materials related to my specialty area as well, and enjoy the creativity involved in making and marketing therapy materials.

amother

Jade

Post  Wed, Jun 19 2019, 9:48 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I’m an SLP and love what I do, but only because I specialized in an in-demand niche area and was able to open a private practice where my caseload is 100% that population, which I love. I hated working in the schools and in a SNF. If you’re willing to work hard and spend your own money for training, you can pursue training in a specialty area and build a reputation as the go-to person for this. I sell therapy materials related to my specialty area as well, and enjoy the creativity involved in making and marketing therapy materials.

I'm curious about your specialty!

enjoying kids

Post  Wed, Jun 19 2019, 11:04 pm
Have you tried reducing your hours and replacing with a little bit of something you enjoy, like teaching or writing? You may find that a lighter schedule makes you feel less burned out.
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h