Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Did you lose pregnancy weight?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 3:51 am
What was your pre-pregnancy weight, and would you say you were underweight, normal weight, or overweight then?

How much weight total did you gain in pregnancy?

How much did you retain about two weeks postpartum (after the baby, placenta, extra fluids, etc have left)? So this is the extra fat.

How many months/years postpartum are you now?

What do you weigh now?

How did you lose the weight?

Feel free to use amother 😝

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 4:25 am
I lost my pregnancy weight and then some between 3-6 months with all my babies do far. After I stop nursing I start gaining back to what I was in high school about 130-135lbs. Even though I lose the weight I still need to excersize to tone things up. And my boobs will never look the same:(

Rappel

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 4:56 am
Nope! I was average, went heavier, and that seems to be my new normal. I look good if I exercise, but my body shape has completely changed post pregnancy. Youngest is 1.5 now.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 5:31 am
I was normal weight. Gained 22 pounds. By two weeks postpartum I had lost all the weight. Now my baby is about 8 months and I lost an additional 5 pounds. I may gain back once I stop nursing though
(When I got married was 110 I’m 4”11
Last weight check before birth 132
A week after birth at doctors office 112
6 week checkup 110
Now 8 months after birth 105)

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 7:21 am
Bh, pregnant with my second now! But I'll answer for my first.
Pre pregnancy weight- 120 (I'm 5'6)
End of pregnancy weight (baby was 2.5 weeks overdue)- 141
2 days post partum- high 120's
Bris- 124
How I lost it- I didnt gain much to begin with! I exercised every day, as I do now. I also nursed, and it slid right off plus even more.

Pregnancy #2:
Prepregnancy weight- 120
8th month (today)- 136

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 7:40 am

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 7:46 am
Got married 140. I'm 5'5" . Average weight.
Gained approx 30 lbs each of my 3 pregnancies so far.
Was just about 10-15 lbs down 2 weeks pp.

I lose weight slowly. At 6 months pp with my first 2 I was down to approx 135 lbs

Now 3 mnths after #3 close to what I weighed when I got married. Working out and hoping those love handles come off quick.

gumby

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:30 am
You’ll get very different answers depending on the number child. Baby 1 & 2 usually melt off the person. She’s young and her body bounces back quickly. Someone with baby 5+ will tell you how much harder it was to lose the weight.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:37 am
gumby wrote:
You’ll get very different answers depending on the number child. Baby 1 & 2 usually melt off the person. She’s young and her body bounces back quickly. Someone with baby 5+ will tell you how much harder it was to lose the weight.

Baby 1 & 2 certainly didn't melt off me.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 8:43 am
If gain 18-20 pounds in a pregnancy you won't have to lose weight after.
I always aimed for that but it didn't work. So I usually had about 12-15 pounds to lose after each one. If I worked at it, the pounds came off (I don't lose weight from nursing).

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 9:09 am
I lost all the weight according to the numbers on the scale within a year, sometimes even lost more than I gained during the pregnancy, but still had (have) loose skin on my abdomen.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 10:59 am
I weighed 120 lbs, gained 22 and now weigh 108. Nursing seems to be great for me. I can eat a ton and lose weight.it was crazy to me how I gained weight pregnant even though I was barely eating.

On the minipill. Take no credit for my weight loss- pure genetics

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:01 am
Curious if the people who lost weight were on the mini pill?
I lose tons of weight right after birth and feel amazing, then when I start the mini pill a few weeks later I stop losing weight... Sad

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:02 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Curious if the people who lost weight were on the mini pill?
I lose tons of weight right after birth and feel amazing, then when I start the mini pill a few weeks later I stop losing weight... Sad

Yes I was on the minipill and lost a lot of weight

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:06 am
A lot of it is what your body is genetically programmed to do. I don't gain a lot of weight when I'm pregnant, not to my credit, just because that's what my body does. I lose it all within a week or two of birth, and then continue losing weight as long as I'm nursing regularly. Some women have a very hard time losing weight while nursing. Not their fault, it's just their genes. Once I stop nursing I gain a couple of pounds and go back to my pre pregnancy weight.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:07 am
With my first I gained 25 pounds. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight 10 days after giving birth.

With my twins I gained 50 pounds. I was below my pre-pregnancy weight 13 days after giving birth (and have since lost another 40). My twins are 18 months old now.

None of it was intentional weight loss, it just melted off on its own and I take zero credit for it. I tell people not to begrudge me the parts of pregnancy that go well for me, lol. There aren’t many! 😜

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:31 am
Pregnancies ruined my body. I'm grateful for my kids, bh...but, I never had a weight problem.I always exercised and didn't overeat.

I gained a little during my first, pregnancy and couldn't do some exercises I used to do bec my belly in the way. After the birth, I stupidly thought it would "melt away" bec I've seen so many ppl skinny after birth. But, I had to work hard and with my hard work, exercise after eating a few small meals...I was back to my thin prepregnancy weight....bh

But, after that, my pregnancies were back to back but I worked very hard and was able to lose the weight except the I had a drop of a pooch.

However, now after more than 3 pregnancies, my entire body changed. I'm constantly trying to lose the last 5 to 10 pounds, and I have a pooch. I can fit into the "bigger" of my sheva brachos suits except that my stomach sticks out a little making me appear pregnant. I hate it and don't know if that part of me wil ever change. I am considered the "fat" sister as none of my sisters have more than 2 kids, and I dont think I'm fat, just my pooch makes me look a certain way bec. I'm not tall.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:38 am
I was still thin after two pregnancy’s
One with a set of twins I exercised by roller blading untill they were June years old after a small injury I stopped skating and know I’m overweight last twenty years

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:43 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Bh, pregnant with my second now! But I'll answer for my first.
Pre pregnancy weight- 120 (I'm 5'6)
End of pregnancy weight (baby was 2.5 weeks overdue)- 141
2 days post partum- high 120's
Bris- 124
How I lost it- I didnt gain much to begin with! I exercised every day, as I do now. I also nursed, and it slid right off plus even more.

Pregnancy #2:
Prepregnancy weight- 120
8th month (today)- 136

Did you severely restrict your food?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 24 2019, 11:51 am
Wow you guys are all so lucky!
I got married 115 lbs, didn't have kids right away, and started my first pregnancy at 135 lbs.
I gained 40 lbs, and lost it within the first year. Nursing didn't make me lose weight at all, and I couldn't lose the last 5 lbs. I started my twin pregnancy at 140 lbs. Gained about 35 lbs (I was very careful during the pregnancy), and lost it down to the last 10 lbs right away.
So I was 150 lbs when my twins were 6 months old and I stopped nursing and went on a diet. I'm currently on the diet, and BH am losing weight. I weigh 135 now, which is my original pre-pregnancy weight, lower than my latest pre-pregnancy weight. I hope to go down to 120 lbs. which is my ideal weight.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise