Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr appointments

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:34 pm
Can someone explain how this works?
I recently moved back to NY from Israel. I would like to schedule a well visit for my 2 and a half year old. All of his records are paper-based and many of them are hand written. Some in Hebrew (from tipat chalav).
I called a pediatrician's office to schedule an appointment, and the receptionist said that I need to fax over his medical records.
For all of you who started off in Israel- what do you do? How do you go about doing this?

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:37 pm
Why can't you fax them over?

gingertop

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:38 pm
Why are your records paper-based? I have everything online. Which kuppah were you on?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:39 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Why can't you fax them over?

They'll let me do that if it's not coming from a doctors office? Also, theres a lot in Hebrew, and his immunization records are handwritten in this little blue book.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:40 pm
gingertop wrote:
Why are your records paper-based? I have everything online. Which kuppah were you on?

I dunno. They printed everything out at each appointment and gave it to me. I had meuchedet.

gingertop

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dunno. They printed everything out at each appointment and gave it to me. I had meuchedet.

You might still be able to access meuhedet online but you do need the password from the clinic in order to enter. Anyone can get a password for you? Do you still have the insurance cards? PM me if you would like and I can go into the clinic to see if they can give you access.

In any case, I'm sure you can just fax the records you have- no one's reading through them unless you're anyway there to explain the Hebrew notations.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 12:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They'll let me do that if it's not coming from a doctors office? Also, theres a lot in Hebrew, and his immunization records are handwritten in this little blue book.
The vaccines are also on the kupa site as well.

Call your kupa that you were part of and have them send the file to the new office, through the system. No need for anything paper at all.

monkeys

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 1:13 pm
When we moved back, I brought the tipat challav immunization booklet and card to our new pediatrician and they entered everything into their system. You can tell them you’re from Israel. They may have done this in the past...

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 1:17 pm
The Pinkus chisunim is in English. They write it to be read internationally. Open it and read it yourself.
Try to get onto Meuhedet online.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 1:38 pm
Thanks for your help, everyone!
I'll let you know how it goes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics