Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Would you pay a small fee for.....
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:08 am
I’m in need of making extra cash. I have a wealth of experience planning and running creative games, activities and projects for large and small groups.

I would offer any of the above for b- day parties, anniversary parties, Sheva brochos, family get togethers, teachers, Chanukah, summer day camps.

I’m not in the tri state area so I couldn’t run/direct the parties (except in my local hometown) but I can create all the neccessary pieces and parts if wanted.

Thoughts?

aricelli

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:43 am
Such an interesting thing

Last edited by aricelli on Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:44 am
Sounds like a great idea.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:12 am
I think the easiest way to start is with children's birthday parties or other children's events because a lot of parents want help with kids' parties. My best friend and I would reciprocate in terms of helping with each other's kids' parties - both in terms of planning as well as being physically there to help organize the chaos of happy children having fun LOL

It's also a low risk way for you to get yourself out there as someone might be more hesitant to hire a neophyte for a higher stakes type of gathering.

You would be selling yourself as an event planner. I don't think - at least at the beginning - there would be much demand for someone who wasn't physically able to do the work - I.e. help with preparations - know local sources as well as help with the actual event.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:28 am
I'd hire someone to do games and animating but not to plan

sra

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:35 am
Maybe offer something specific?
People like to know exactly what you do when they are considering you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:44 am
Good ideas! I’m unsure if anyone frum in my area would pay for a kids party planner, just the nature of my community but perhaps I can open it to the secular public as well.

In terms of planning fir a camp, that is really a perfect job for me. Due to physical limitations I couldn’t actually run all the camp activities as that’s a very demanding job, but I’m an excellent, organized and creative planner. Once again, almost zero opportunity for this where I live. I wish I could get a job and be the “remote” director/planner for a camp. Or even on site as the brains behind it.

All ideas welcome.

rachelmom1

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:47 am
Just a thought. Many companies plan summer (or other) outings for their staff. Typically there's no one on staff who can run and organize the event. Often times they're more willing to spend to give their employees a fun time. Perhaps you can market to that sector.

Last edited by rachelmom1 on Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:48 am
You can definitely sell the packages online, I've seen people do it with paint night kits, parshah game kits etc... You might be better off making basic packages and opening an etsy store, or something similar and marketing it to the frum community. You can also have an option for custom kits but having samples to show will really help market them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:56 am
Rachelmom , can you give me an example of what type of company?
Never heard of this?

Amother tan, interesting idea. Can you send me a link of something like this, so I can get an idea?

OutATowner

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 12:04 pm
What kind of kit would you send? The frum entertainers I know came from a nearby city to do bubble shows, dancing, etc. for school and shul events. The draw was having someone there to run the event.
It sounds like you have a talent and should definitely use it, I'm just curious what you could do as a mail in.
Would you be willing to travel x amount of miles to a nearby city?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 12:18 pm
I live far out. Nowhere near tri state area. I’m not an entertainer per se, like running a dance party or singing entertainer, but I am great with running activities in an entertaining way, and drawing people in. I have a flair for setting a specific ruach or feel. Team games, cooperative games, trivia style, active games,creative and interactive story telling, music activities for young children, projects for all ages. Of course, many of these can’t be sold as kits, but some can and I can create almost any game according to theme, or age group.

aricelli

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 1:26 pm
The more I’m thinking about this the more possibilities I see- like I mentioned

Last edited by aricelli on Tue, Nov 19 2019, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 1:37 pm
Aricelli! Those are 2 adorable ideas which I could easily do, actually did the vr activity before.
Anyone else have ideas

aricelli

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 1:50 pm
These little crystal beads that you stick on material with tiny tweezers are in now- though these things come and go. Theres even a little pillow kit like that. Come to think of it- kids love little pillows so you can think of some decorating a decorative pillow idea

aricelli

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 1:54 pm
They did some sort of activity where they turned off the lights and did some sort of dancing game while holding on to glow in the dark balloons - it was a big hit.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 2:11 pm
Fun. I’ve done it with glow necklaces and bracelets but glow balloons sound fun

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 2:40 pm
Look past the frum world if you want to go big.

The field is already overrun with wedding planners and party planners, so find more niche markets.

Businesses are often doing "team building" exercises, especially in the summer.
Birthday parties about superheroes, princesses, or other pop culture concepts.
Community garden on an empty lot, organize volunteers, purchase seeds, etc.

I can't come up with any more right now, but I'll keep brainstorming and post again if I think of anything.

You can't be everywhere at once, and have some physical challenges, so consider training a few people. Once you get past the initial stage of building a name for yourself, delegation is the key to success

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 2:46 pm
You can create a program for a daycamp to follow even if you are not present. The headcounselors do it. The program director can plan it in advance.

How about activities for a senior center?

A program for activities by a shabbaton/retreat/get away?

A program for entertainment for women in convalescent home?

A program to give respite for parents dealing with special needs kids or cancer patients, or divorced families or almanos?

A program for kiruv?

A program director for sleep away camp, where you stay in camp?

You might want to do a specific program where you travel from school to school or daycamp to daycamp or camp to camp like
doing kangoo jumping, doing professional puppet show, doing soap making, teaching napkin folding, doing face paint art, making magic shows etc

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 3:00 pm
Frantic Frumi’s- I can definitely delegate when the time comes. Good idea

Dankbar- I love your thinking and have actually done or tried to do a number of your suggestions.
Since I’m not in the tri state area, a number of your suggestions are not possible, unfortunately. There’s very little opportunity for those wher I live, and fir some, I’ve found they’re not interested in paying and would like me to volunteer.

If you have any ideas how I could market myself, and create a summer camp program, themes and activities, mapping out the summer... which people will pay for... please let me know.

I feel so limited because of my location.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics