Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Would you pay a small fee for.....
Previous  1  2

rachelmom1

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 3:43 pm
Wish I would know more to be more helpful.... I've heard of companies having a day in a local park whit some light entertainment (game like activities). Or cater a nice lunch and then play some ice breaker games. Don't have a contact person for you but have heard this concept.

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Rachelmom , can you give me an example of what type of company?
Never heard of this?

Amother tan, interesting idea. Can you send me a link of something like this, so I can get an idea?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 4:33 pm
Thank you all for your help. I’ll keep you posted when I get it all figured out

Librarian

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 5:56 pm
I would pay you!

sra

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 5:58 pm
VR is very popular

british

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 6:38 pm
I always seem to be the one running the family Chanukah party, Purim party, sheva brachos and such.
And it always falls on my shoulders to come up with a theme and fun family game or entertainment. Which is always so hard to come up with something original.
I think we have done every idea posted on ima mother already!
Would love someone to give me the ideas, a list of supplies and instructions. Would save me lots of Gray hair! And yes, I would pay a nominal fee for the advice! Let me know when your business is up and running!

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 7:03 pm
What type of pricing are you thinking about?

Perhaps marketing to Sukkos or pesach programs could be a good idea. For kid and/or adult programming.

How about to Shuls who run shabbos morning groups?

Or youth groups for older kids like NCSY, Bnei akiva etc.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 7:21 pm
I agree that having samples available would be helpful for prospective customers.

Would you be able to buy and mail all the necessary supplies as well, or just create a supply list?

Have you considered trying to do something in the education field? I think it would be so great if schools could have more hands on activities to go along with their lessons, but teachers often just don’t have the time to plan and coordinate all of that on top of their daily responsibilities. Maybe trying to work with some of the more innovative schools could be a good match for your talents. Or on a bigger scale, perhaps working for a hands on curriculum development company?

How about working for an actual game development company like peaceable kingdom? Would that be up your alley?

On another note, maybe you can try connecting with some sort of personalized gift site? I could imagine wealthy parents getting excited about the possibility of gifting their child a personalized game that includes pictures of the kid and his/her favorite items, activities etc...

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 7:24 pm
One more thought: how are you with technology? Would you be able to create games that can be played via computer programs or smart boards etc.? Or on an app via a smart phone?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:06 pm
In terms of planning say kids birthday parties, if you put all materials together in a kit, with a guide on how to set it up and do a couple fun games with the kids, I know a lot of people who are not so creative who would pay to have such a kit mailed and then use it when they need...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:21 pm
British... I’ll let you know when I’m up and running!!

Sapphire- love your ideas. I will definitely have to figure out pricing.

I’ve actually worked in the education field fir close to 20 yrs where I honed this talent bh. Also in daycamos and clubs for many years.

I don’t think I would venture into the tech field, as I’m not quite that skilled, and I also don’t want to bite off more than I can chew.

For a birthday kit, I could send all materials or just come up with the theme and plan the activity, providing detailed instruction. All supplies can be purchased on ones own. I could maybe provide links or suggestions where to purchase to make it easier.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:22 pm
I’m excited to receive so much interest and positive response.

Figuring out Pricing is going to be a bit of a challenge. I’m really unsure... anyone have ideas/leads as to how to go about figuring that one out?

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:23 pm
I think people dont want to be bothered running around finding the items

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:32 pm
I actually got a chanuka party kit with a theme & all supplies from an orginazation when my child was sick.
One year was colors-"FARB"BRENG
I got a tablecloth that you can color on, paint pallete paper goods, butter warmer to melt crayons & mold for melted crayons. A plastic divider to create multi colored cupcakes along with cupcake batter & cupcake papers.

one time was donut theme.
donut pattern papergoods. Donut machine & batter along with all creams, glazes & toppings-sprinkles to decorate donuts. A showcase to display donuts.
A donut twister game....a donut squishy keychain craft

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:32 pm
double post

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:39 pm
If you are oot why dont you start your own summer sleep over camp, daycamp or backyard camp.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:56 pm
Cute dankbar.
I’m not up to running a camp myself due to some physical challenges.
Also, out of town we run into a host of problrns with running daycamps successfully.

I’ve put tremendous thought into it and don’t think it’s worth it.
I’m not able to post the reasons here without giving myself away!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics