Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Babies in restaurants

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 11:27 pm
I have a three week old baby so I’m on maternity leave and dh has the day off tomorrow. All other kids are in day camp. We are thinking of going out to lunch- but we’d bring baby with. We plan on going on to a milchig restaurant not mega fancy but a decent place. Is it okay to bring baby in the stroller. He will hopefully sleep the whole time and if he starts crying I will leave with him and have dh have waiters pack up our food. Thoughts?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 11:31 pm
Totally ok, why not? It's lunchtime, the resteraunts are likey not as packed as in the evening. And I'm sure there will be people there with kids of all ages. Most restaurants are family friendly.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 11:32 pm
Of course it's fine. I mean, I wouldn't go to a fine dining restaurant with a baby. But your run of the mill lunch place is totally fine as long as you don't disturb anyone.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 11:33 pm
Sure. I just did this with my baby and no one seemed to mind. She was the only baby there, though there were some kids.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 1:44 am
Why not?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 7:37 am
Absolutely fine. Because you are willing to get up and walk her around outside until she settles, nobody is going to give you nasty looks. They will see that you are a considerate person who does not have an entitled attitude.

You are the type of parent who makes it OK for other responsible parents to bring their kids in. The ones who just let the kids scream and throw things are the ones who make it miserable for everybody else.

cuffs

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 7:45 am
I've brought my young babies to very fancy restaurants over the years. No one ever said anything... if the baby started to cry I would walk outside for a little or nurse the baby... I take my newborns everywhere with me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette