Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Realistic wigs are unfair.
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 5:01 pm
Some single women have to wear wigs. When married women wear obvious wigs, single women can still look unmarried in their wigs by wearing wigs that are very realistic. But when married women wear wigs that look like real hair, everyone looks much more closely, and people start noticing wigs on single women and girls.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 5:10 pm
once a thing is a “thing” there’s not much we can do to change it. Realistic wigs are here to stay. In fact they’re only gonna keep getting more realistic, there no going back to the 90’s.

momsrus

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 5:21 pm
When the wigs were unrealistic, the single girls that were wigs were obvious too.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:23 pm
momsrus wrote:
When the wigs were unrealistic, the single girls that were wigs were obvious too.

Realistic wigs have been around for a long time. Now married women are starting to wear them.

oliveoil

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 7:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Realistic wigs have been around for a long time. Now married women are starting to wear them.

Lol. Married women have been wearing them for a long time too.

DrMom

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 4:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Some single women have to wear wigs. When married women wear obvious wigs, single women can still look unmarried in their wigs by wearing wigs that are very realistic. But when married women wear wigs that look like real hair, everyone looks much more closely, and people start noticing wigs on single women and girls.

How about everyone just minds his/her own business?

Problem solved.

Metukah

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 7:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

What? What

Who was wearing these realistic wigs if not married women? I know there are single women who need them, but believe me the realistic wigs market is dominated by frum wig wearing women.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 9:50 pm
Metukah wrote:
What? What

Who was wearing these realistic wigs if not married women? I know there are single women who need them, but believe me the realistic wigs market is dominated by frum wig wearing women.

Most of the women wearing the realistic wigs are black and not Jewish.

trixx

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 9:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Most of the women wearing the realistic wigs are black and not Jewish.

I don't understand your op or your point but no, the wigs blacks wear don't come close to the $4,000 sheitels that frum women wear.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 10:10 pm
I'm not understanding your point. Married women should not wear realistic looking wigs because it makes people look closely at what single women are wearing? And then what- they see the wig and then what?
They think the single is actually married ? Most people know if someone is single or married aside from if that person is a stranger obviously but then who cares what a stranger thinks?
Or Because then someone might think the single person is wearing a wig? And We don't want people knowing that? Because ?....
I truly don't get it. Perplexed.

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 10:14 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I'm not understanding your point. Married women should not wear realistic looking wigs because it makes people look closely at what single women are wearing? And then what- they see the wig and then what?
They think the single is actually married ? Most people know if someone is single or married aside from if that person is a stranger obviously but then who cares what a stranger thinks?
Or Because then someone might think the single person is wearing a wig? And We don't want people knowing that? Because ?....
I truly don't get it. Perplexed.

Then people will realize the single girl is wearing a wig and will embarrassed that she has bad hair.
(Or worse, they could think she is not Bitulah and therefore covers).
The idea being that if married women only wear bad wigs that look like old mops, then people will not realize good wigs exist and will not be attuned to them.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 11:33 pm
I would think that if someone is single people will assume she is NOT covering her hair and therefore wont look too closely.

but if a married woman wears a very realistic wig people might be surprised she is not covering her hair and therefore WOULD look closer. at the married woman.
so the single doesnt really have to worry.

and ive never heard of a single woman (never been married before) covering their hair with a wig because they are not a virgin.

Metukah

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 11:42 pm
trixx wrote:
I don't understand your op or your point but no, the wigs blacks wear don't come close to the $4,000 sheitels that frum women wear.

Exactly this. The wigs they wear are nowhere near as realistic as the frum company ones.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:10 am
I think this is the most confusing post ever.

EsaEinai

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:20 am
Op, does someone you know that’s single wear a wig? Are they hurt by people “figuring it out”? If so, it’s always painful when people see past our efforts to disguise our imperfections. Nonetheless, we can’t blame the world. Just try to pick ourselves up, move on and try again. Maybe there are other ways single women can wear wigs that can disguise the fact that it’s a wig? Maybe a wig topper? Or a better quality wig? Whatever it is, it sounds like you or someone you know is hurting and if that’s the case, we’re here for you.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 2:22 am
Single women do not cover if they are not virgins. Do you know of even one woman like that??? (In response to the past replies).

Which is interesting, as there is such a big deal made about married womens' hair being ervah, but no rabbi expects a nonmarried nonvirgin to cover. And yes, there are many in the frum community, whether by choice or not.

I assume these single women cover due to thin hair or something. I dont think people expect it or notice, and even if they did, you expect all the women in the world to wera bad wigs to avoid this issue?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 4:12 am
While I empathize with a single woman who has to/ chooses to wear a wig, perhaps because of illness causing hair loss or just thin, lousy hair... or maybe she is divorced... whatever the reason I am sure it is challenging but I don’t think married women with quality wigs are to blame for their discomfort or struggles. This is just really an odd perspective.

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 8:48 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
(Or worse, they could think she is not Bitulah and therefore covers).

Back to my pet peeve.
Your hymen and your hair have NOTHING at all to do with each other.

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 10:07 am
Metukah wrote:
What? What

Plenty of actors and celebrities wear wigs for roles or appearances. I don’t know what op is referring to though, I didn’t know it was common for single frum women to wear wigs unless they unfortunately had been sick.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 10:24 am
Is it unfair some women are married and don't cover at all? How about that some women walk around in pants or short skirts?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics