Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What made you feel pampered after giving birth?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 10:50 pm
Any gifts or gestures or offers of help,offered to you in the hospital or at home after baby that just really hit the spot and left you speechless? Looking to pamper someone giving birth soon iy'h…..

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 10:53 pm
If it's not her first- I really appreciated all offers to take my kids for the day. That was the biggest help by far. My friend sent over containers of cut up melon the day I came home from the hospital. That was such a nice treat for me too.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 10:54 pm
My husband got a cleaning crew to come do a deep clean of the apartment before we came home from the hospital (we don’t typically have cleaning help so it was a real treat)

chocolatecake

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 10:55 pm
Sending over lunch. More practical than pampered but to me there is no greater help than taking some of my other kids after school camp or Sunday for a play date.

amother
Hotpink

amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
If it's not her first- I really appreciated all offers to take my kids for the day. That was the biggest help by far. My friend sent over containers of cut up melon the day I came home from the hospital. That was such a nice treat for me too.

I second these ideas- they're great.

Call and ask, "Can I bring over x, y, or z for meals? Do you/your DH/your kids like these foods?" My friends did that for me- they pitched in to make Shabbos and lunch/supper for the first week. It was amazing.

amother
Ginger

Someone brought me a fresh hot soup at the hospital. I found that to be so thoughtful. Some neighbors brought over dinners for a few nights, that was a big help.

amother
OP

OP here. It will be her first...

Surrendered

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 10:56 pm
Asking- before sending anything over.
I had friends send over lunch, but I already got one that day...
Someone sent over a Robe! But the size was too small (and not my taste). She had asked my sister for my size and she gave her the wrong one.
The nicest gesture was:
One friend sent over a sweater set, but she asked me in advance if I can use one and what size I'd appreciate.
She also offered to send a lunch but gave me the option to choose which day I want it.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 10:57 pm
I suppose it took it for granted that everyone has this: my community organizes a sign u for meals. BH I had dinners for almost 6 weeks. It was amazing.

amother
White

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 10:59 pm
I didn't have where to leave my kids and friends happily offered to take them bh.
Someone arranged for us to get meals for a week, was really thoughtful and unexpected.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:01 pm
if she doesn't have family/neighbors that arrange meals (suppers, shabbos food) that is very appreciated. A new nightgown/robe. a brunch. not sure what your price range is..but a gift certificate to get a mani/pedi or massage is also nice

Rappel

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:13 pm
Really nice perfume. A little piece of dignity goes a long way.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:16 pm
Oh and this sounds silly but it's so nice to come home from the hospital and see a welcome home sign on the door! The friend who took some of my kids that day made it with them. So sweet.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:22 pm
Someone brought us homemade shabbos food in the hospital, appreciated all meals we got that people made and brought us, loved getting flowers and a balloon sent to the hospital

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:23 pm
Someone else actually pampering the baby for me! Oh! And a subscription to Boxycharm.. So much fun, if you enjoy makeup and face products

Tzivia18

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:24 pm
A warm hot meal 2 hours after giving birth and then food brought over after I came home.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:29 pm
People who made me meals

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:29 pm
Since it’s her first:
A delicious breakfast brought to hospital or her house
Arrange for ppl to send over meals, if not already done
Gift card to a spa (or if there’s someone who will come to the house to do a mani/pedi/facial even better
Cute clothes for baby /baby equipment /baby blankets etc
If she doesn’t have one -get her cleaning help a few times

*ask her first if it’s something she’d appreciate, especially the spa & cleaning lady, since everyone is different.

aycg

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:58 pm
Rappel wrote:
Really nice perfume. A little piece of dignity goes a long way.

I second this. Especially if she has family and will be staying with her mother for a few week. Everyone’s buying gifts for the baby. A nice perfume lotion bath set makes you feel really pampered.

shanarishona

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 12:37 am
Comfy socks and slippers

Someone to watch the baby for 2 hours while She takes a nap?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics