Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Today I did an incredible thing

chocolatecake

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 11:23 pm
I walked into the dollar store to buy two things and I walked out with just those two things!!! And I even get extra credit because I had my four year old with me.

momaleh

Post Thu, Aug 08 2019, 11:51 pm
lol Smile I think I'm usually the problem, I love to buy things.

Metukah

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 2:19 am
Haha. Great self control.

One of the bargain stores here sells an oversized shopping that says 'I only went in for one thing...'

singleagain

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 2:27 am
Metukah wrote:
Haha. Great self control.

One of the bargain stores here sells an oversized shopping that says 'I only went in for one thing...'

Omg
I would love to see a picture of that

That's totally the kind of thing that could go viral online 😂

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 4:41 am
If I have kids with me and only want 2 things, I can send DH into the store while I wait with the kids in the car.
I usually time my Dollar tree visits for when I am out of the stuff that I get from them and then buy it all at once.
In the Catskills, taking a few kids to the Liberty Dollar tree on 52 is cheaper than taking them to the trampoline park next store or the amusement parks. The toys that they sell often last several hours.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 5:31 am
Excellent for you!!! Very Happy

Once when I went to NY, I told myself that I'm going to go to Amazing Savings towards the end of my stay, so I won't go more than once. Didn't work Confused . I think I went two or three times and all towards the end of my stay.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 6:12 am
yo'ma wrote:
Excellent for you!!! Very Happy

Once when I went to NY, I told myself that I'm going to go to Amazing Savings towards the end of my stay, so I won't go more than once. Didn't work Confused . I think I went two or three times and all towards the end of my stay.

Which is why I call it Amazing Spending. Some things there are good deals but some things are cheaper somewhere else. Kids go nuts there and want everything that they see. I just read that the best deals on school supplies are at Target but the stuff at Amazing Spending is probably cuter.

perry2020

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 6:18 am
Wow, you should be proud of yourself! I always say that Target and Walmart have a $50 exit fee because I usually end up spending EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Metukah

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 11:15 am
singleagain wrote:
Omg
I would love to see a picture of that

That's totally the kind of thing that could go viral online 😂

https://www.homebargains.co.uk......aspx

It looks better irl. Maybe after shabbos I'll take a pic of mine.

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 11:36 am
I have this sickness in Target. For some reason, I go in for leggings, and come out with a $143 bill. Cuz, Target!

So much so, my husband had to stage an intervention.

Now I only go into target if I need a specific thing, and I walk into the store carrying only the money I need for that item! No credit cards allowed! So if I need detergent, I go in with a twenty dollar bill. Baruch Hashem, this his been the Refuah. I do come out of the store jittery tho... Listing all the things I WANTED to buy. But then the phone rings and I forget all about it... (attention span of a fruit fly helps)

flowerpower

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 12:09 pm
Be proud of yourself! We went to buy some tisha bav crafts and I failed miserably.

MiriFr

Post Fri, Aug 09 2019, 12:47 pm
Iyh by me
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics