Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Ausable Chasm

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 7:03 pm
Is it worth wasting a whole day to go there from lake george? Kids ages 9, 7, 4, 10 months. Or should we rather stay back and do other stuff? Planning one day six flags, one day tubbys tubes (with sliding and bubble thing) and the other day would be ausable chasm. I just dont know abt fitting in renting a boat with tube. We can to that for just an hr but I dont know if we will get there on time monday to do it and if not there is no time so my question is if I should skip ausable chasm or its worth the travel and using a whole day...?

pesek zman

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 7:08 pm
Ausable chasm is amazing!!

I can’t say ‘worth it’ from lake George because IMO lake George is incredibly boring so I don’t see any reason to make thst a base. But Ausable chasm is unique and amazing. We did it along the way on our drive to Montreal

ETA I wouldn’t do it with those age kids. I did it alone with my husband (and years back with friends)

esther36

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:05 pm
I also did it with my husband and it was amazing!! Not sure if ur kids would appreciate it as much as u will.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 18 2019, 8:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it worth wasting a whole day to go there from lake george? Kids ages 9, 7, 4, 10 months. Or should we rather stay back and do other stuff? Planning one day six flags, one day tubbys tubes (with sliding and bubble thing) and the other day would be ausable chasm. I just dont know abt fitting in renting a boat with tube. We can to that for just an hr but I dont know if we will get there on time monday to do it and if not there is no time so my question is if I should skip ausable chasm or its worth the travel and using a whole day...?

Ausable Chasm is a great place to visit with older kids. I don't think its worth the travel with younger kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics