Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Labor day sales

whewpy

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 8:49 am
Any exciting sales today and tomorrow?

whewpy

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:08 am
Last time I was in macys, the salesclerk told me that the popular brands no longer go on sales. Is this accurate?

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 9:30 am
LOL LOL Everything goes on sale at Macy's although there might be some limited exceptions where a brand doesn't want to "degrade" the brand like Vuitton or Chanel.

In my personal experience Macy's does not carry these kinds of brands and if they do the amount would be so minimal that most people would not encounter them. Obviously some items might be sold out but again, in my personal experience, if I liked an item at full price I could wait three weeks and purchase it on sale.

Macy's - at least around me - is one of those stores where everything goes on sale pretty quickly and then gets further marked down PLUS they have additional percentages off coupons which can be used for specific categories of items.

Rest assured that if you intend to bargain hunt at Macy's you will find a wide swath of stuff on sale. LOL LOL

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:13 am
Amarante wrote:
LOL LOL Everything goes on sale at Macy's although there might be some limited exceptions where a brand doesn't want to "degrade" the brand like Vuitton or Chanel.

In my personal experience Macy's does not carry these kinds of brands and if they do the amount would be so minimal that most people would not encounter them. Obviously some items might be sold out but again, in my personal experience, if I liked an item at full price I could wait three weeks and purchase it on sale.

Macy's - at least around me - is one of those stores where everything goes on sale pretty quickly and then gets further marked down PLUS they have additional percentages off coupons which can be used for specific categories of items.

Rest assured that if you intend to bargain hunt at Macy's you will find a wide swath of stuff on sale. LOL LOL

There's definate brands that do not participate in Macy's sales. Unfortunately for me, they are the brands DC likes. They are not as high end as Chanel or Vuitton. But they are kept as exclusive as they could be in Macys.

I don't remember the names. But they were the level of Northface.

Amarante

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 10:20 am
Squishy wrote:
There's definate brands that do not participate in Macy's sales. Unfortunately for me, they are the brands DC likes. They are not as high end as Chanel or Vuitton. But they are kept as exclusive as they could be in Macys.

I don't remember the names. But they were the level of Northface.

Ah - I would imagine that I never came across a brand that was so "exclusive" at Macys so it never entered my consciousness. I was trying to think of an instance in which something was excluded that was "high end" but the highest end Macy's product I could think of was Le Creuset which I managed to snag in a sale - or maybe it was on sale at Bloomingdales Smile Sales blur for me as now I tend to try to buy on the internet if an item is fungible.

And high end makeup brands are also never on sale and specifically excluded from their promotional coupons.

whewpy

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 11:11 am
I was looking at a Michael Lord top and she specifically told me this brand no longer participates in macys sales, for more than a year

dankbar

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 12:00 pm
Gap has 40% off

ra_mom

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 12:56 pm
I'd love to find an extra coat around $25 for dd size 7/8. To be used on Sundays when she goes to art classes and gets paint on everything. Obviously it won't be super warm at that price but that should be ok as we drive her.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Sep 01 2019, 1:49 pm
Michael's is a craft store. They have 40% off regular price items all the items in your cart. They usually limit the 40% off coupon to just one item. This is the first time I was able to buy all the clay I wanted at 40% off.

The coupon code is 19sept40w

Free shipping if you order $49 and up

I hope they do this every Labor Day. I will make a note on my calendar for next year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries