Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Looking for OB/GYN in NJ
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 3:19 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I'll just mention OGOA. Very happy.
It's a team of 5 doctors and 5 midwives everyone's very sweet and caring. Katie's the best of them all!

Same! I used both rwj and dr filardo. My best experience has been OGOA. I like ashley, dr colbert, dr lenes. Best birth and I love community medical

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 1:14 pm
Hey all, Op here.
B"h I'm pregnant!
Still haven't decided on an OB.
I was leaning heavily towards Dr. Baum.
But my regular doctor whom I see every few weeks because of different medical issues strongly feels I should only deliver in a top notch hospital like RWJ.
I'm so conflicted.
For my 1st visit I will go back to Brooklyn to my old ob that knows my history.
But I really need to find someone here because I'll probably need to be monitored more frequently than normal.
My Dr. still recommends Dr. Segal so I think I just may end up going with his practice.

I'm nervous about the hour drive in heavy painful labor. I told dh that maybe we should check into a hotel near the hospital when I start labor (I usually have very long labors), is that a crazy idea?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 1:18 pm
You need a doctor here. There are many good ones.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 1:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hey all, Op here.
B"h I'm pregnant!
Still haven't decided on an OB.
I was leaning heavily towards Dr. Baum.
But my regular doctor whom I see every few weeks because of different medical issues strongly feels I should only deliver in a top notch hospital like RWJ.
I'm so conflicted.
For my 1st visit I will go back to Brooklyn to my old ob that knows my history.
But I really need to find someone here because I'll probably need to be monitored more frequently than normal.
My Dr. still recommends Dr. Segal so I think I just may end up going with his practice.

I'm nervous about the hour drive in heavy painful labor. I told dh that maybe we should check into a hotel near the hospital when I start labor (I usually have very long labors), is that a crazy idea?

Many people I know go to an area near the hospital while they are still in early labor. Nobody wants to be stuck sitting through a car ride when they are in so much pain. When you begin feeling contractions and confirm that it is really labor, get in the car and go somewhere in the area. If you'd like you can check into a hotel, but you can even take a walk around a quite block, hang out in a mall, etc, etc.

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 8:23 pm
Is Dr Baum frum? Who are the other Dr's in the practice?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 02 2023, 9:07 pm
Dr Robert biem in Plainfield is amazing

SNisi

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:00 am
Hi,
just looking at this thread now and seriously checking into Dr Baum.
I've used others in Lkwd and they are so factory like and docs dont give u time or appointments!
Is he still personable? Is he a non alarmist.
What about Jersey Care, does he take that?
And my last concern is about Jersey Shore hospital where he delivers. I delivered at Monmouth in the past, is it equivalent (nervous about the bad rap that Jersey Shore has nowadays)
Anyone that can answer anything will be helpful!

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:00 pm
I gave birth in Jersey shore. Not with Baum. I use dr Morgan. Not factory like at all and very impressed with their bedside manner and professionalism. I didn’t see any downsides to the hospital either

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:10 pm
I gave birth in Monmouth a few months ago and was very unhappy. IMO they have really gone downhill. So if your other option is Monmouth I'd tell you not to let that be a factor.

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:13 pm
I gave birth in monmouth a few weeks ago and was very happy. I think it depends on your nurses

amother
Raspberry

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:23 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
I gave birth in monmouth a few weeks ago and was very happy. I think it depends on your nurses
It was not the nurses. I waited several hours for a room to become available. I had issues with the nursery. Overall it felt like they grew too quickly and can't keep up.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:31 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
I am always stunned when I hear women who refuse to go to female GYN bc they're afraid they "won't be professional" or "as good as a male physician". Op even said she's concerned that the dr may be too friendly! From experience, I believe that it is mostly chassidish women who feel this way, bc they themselves are not college educated, so they think women at large can't be as educated as men or as professional! Females make up more than 50% of medical schools these days. I work with non-Jewish women who won't go to a male GYN, which is why I don't understand going to a man for something as personal as GYN, when you can find so many excellent women in the field.

And over 50% of ob/gyns as it should be. Women always helped other women deliver. Male ob/gyns is a modern innovation.

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:40 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
It was not the nurses. I waited several hours for a room to become available. I had issues with the nursery. Overall it felt like they grew too quickly and can't keep up.

I got a room right away. I room in, the only time baby went to nursery was for check ups so cant comment on that. They offer formula a lot but I kept declining

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:42 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
I gave birth in Monmouth a few months ago and was very unhappy. IMO they have really gone downhill. So if your other option is Monmouth I'd tell you not to let that be a factor.

Are there any NJ hospitals that Lakewood area women actually like?

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:49 pm
amother Winterberry wrote:

Good luck finding another hospital with a nursery that gives formula upon request lol Mad

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:51 pm

I liked Jersey shore. I had a difficult delivery and was in pain. They took my baby to the nursery so I could sleep, gave her formula when I wasn’t up to nursing her and they only brought her to me when I asked them to. They were really helpful and nice.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:58 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
Good luck finding another hospital with a nursery that gives formula upon request lol Mad

I nurse, so I don’t need formula, but which hospital has a nursery?

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 9:00 pm

I delivered at rwj New Brunswick recently and was super happy. They don’t take Jersey care though

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 9:02 pm
Does Dr. Baum take jerseycare?

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:12 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
Does Dr. Baum take jerseycare?

Yes, he definitely takes UHC. Not sure about the others.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries