Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
NYC Measles Outbreak is Over
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 6:08 pm
justmarried wrote:
Boo hoo! If you decide not to vaccinate your kids and put other children’s lives at risk then you need to deal with the consequences. It’s your right not to vaccinate - but then you also get to homeschool them.

I’m usually the first one to condemn someone who maasers about anything - but not in this case. It is a Mitzvah and every parents responsibility to take care of the health of their children (and pregnant parents, sick and elderly) and if that’s what had to be done to protect themselves then so be it.

I can't imagine someone being the last to condemn speaking so callously about mesira-no matter the situation.
Curious if you are well versed in the topic of mesira? Where did you get your education?

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 6:26 pm
turca wrote:
Sorry I didn’t mean to go anonymous.

SHAME ON YOU!
Did you ask a shaila?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 6:37 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Yes, I’ve reported a few unvaccinated families to the DOH. Proudly!
U gave us measles, we are giving u back the DOH.

How did that work?

Hi DOH, This is Mrs. so-and-so. My neighbor at 7 blank street has the measeles. Please go take revenge for me. Because this is not mesira. And not chilul Hashem. And not nekama. And not juvenile.

Yesh din v'Yesh Dayan. They will be judged for their awful sin of getting sick and you will be judged for your actions.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 6:48 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
How did that work?

Hi DOH, This is Mrs. so-and-so. My neighbor at 7 blank street has the measeles. Please go take revenge for me. Because this is not mesira. And not chilul Hashem. And not nekama. And not juvenile.

Yesh din v'Yesh Dayan. They will be judged for their awful sin of getting sick and you will be judged for your actions.

I didn't do this and would only do it with a shaila, but I imagine it was more like "Hi DOH, my neighbor took her unvaccinated children to a measles party so there is more than a 90 percent chance of them getting the disease, yet her children are playing in our hallway (live in an apt) and I have a newborn. She wont listen to us, but maybe you can ask her to stay inside.) Someone brought children and davened in my husbands shul with active measles so such a scenario is possible.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 6:52 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I didn't do this and would only do it with a shaila, but I imagine it was more like "Hi DOH, my neighbor took her unvaccinated children to a measles party so there is more than a 90 percent chance of them getting the disease, yet her children are playing in our hallway (live in an apt) and I have a newborn. She wont listen to us, but maybe you can ask her to stay inside.) Someone brought children and davened in my husbands shul with active measles so such a scenario is possible.

She said she reported unvaccinated families. Nothing there about measles party.

I agree its not right and/or nice or ethical, or etc.etc etc .to bring ANY sick, contagious person to shul. DLZ, may have been after first 5 days, when its no longer contagious.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 6:54 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:

Shame shame shame on you.would.what a horrible.person you are. I hope you asked a shaila and will ask every single person you reported mechila.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 6:58 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
She said she reported unvaccinated families. Nothing there about measles party.

I agree its not right and/or nice or ethical, or etc.etc etc .to bring ANY sick, contagious person to shul. DLZ, may have been after first 5 days, when its no longer contagious.

What else could you report? DOH knows who is and is not vaccinated. It's not like you're punished. I assumed it was for spreading the measles or being irresponsible. Otherwise, it just makes no sense. Also, one kid had an active fever in shul and was crying about his eyes hurting so, but this particular family said they feel it's their duty to spread measles because non vaccinated want it and vaccinated are immune. Guess they were not thinking about babies or immune suppressed individuals.

whewpy

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 7:20 pm
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the law regarding exemptions and vaccines have not been revoked or changed. All children attending daycare, school or college, public AND PRIVATE, must. Get all the vaccines unless they have a medical exemption approved by the DOH. Nothing to do with getting funding from the govt. And, thru used to inspect before the outbreak and will continue to do so.

When my son was in a small cheder in boro park for several years, I used to get calls from them to verify why he wasn't able to get one vaccine (which he was able to get few years later, btw) when he was attending a very big cheder, they didn't seem to have that many inspections and, while the cheder required vaccine records, the DOH never called. So, they do make inspections but its matter of luck where and when.

One thing I am sure, after this years outbreak, they will be much more meticulous about inspecting and giving violations to schools..

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 7:40 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
What else could you report? DOH knows who is and is not vaccinated. It's not like you're punished. I assumed it was for spreading the measles or being irresponsible. Otherwise, it just makes no sense. Also, one kid had an active fever in shul and was crying about his eyes hurting so, but this particular family said they feel it's their duty to spread measles because non vaccinated want it and vaccinated are immune. Guess they were not thinking about babies or immune suppressed individuals.

I don't even know how to respond. They thought it was their duty to get other people sick with a disease that could be fatal or permanently disabling?! What is wrong with these people?! They are fortunate they didn't kill anyone with that attitude.

samantha87

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 9:10 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Well, all the unvaccinated people are already immune and all the vaccinated people are up to date on the MMR... That's why they say that measles comes in cycles.

Not true. Unvaccinated people are not immune if they haven't had the measles yet. Such a person could easily bring the measles back home with them, adult or child.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 9:41 pm
samantha87 wrote:
Not true. Unvaccinated people are not immune if they haven't had the measles yet. Such a person could easily bring the measles back home with them, adult or child.

They all already had the measles!!!!

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 9:41 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:

Shame on you. I can tell you one thing definitely, G-d is NOT proud of what you have done. I hope you have the sechel to rethink what you've done and do teshuva for it, if that is even possible. It is written that a mosser has no chance for teshuva in his lifetime.

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 11:30 pm
I know people who refrained from maasering to the doh on neighbors who had measles and exposed their newborn to it, and therefore lost out on getting immunoglobulins to prevent the measles. The hospital refused to give it without and actual name of a case.
In such an instance I assume they are halachically allowed to protect themselves.....

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Sep 03 2019, 11:44 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
I know people who refrained from maasering to the doh on neighbors who had measles and exposed their newborn to it, and therefore lost out on getting immunoglobulins to prevent the measles. The hospital refused to give it without and actual name of a case.
In such an instance I assume they are halachically allowed to protect themselves.....

But you didn't give us the end of the story: Did the newborn catch the measles?

amother
Black

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 12:07 am
doodlesmom wrote:

I wouldn't make assumptions about such a harsh thing as mesira.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 12:42 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Shame on you. I can tell you one thing definitely, G-d is NOT proud of what you have done. I hope you have the sechel to rethink what you've done and do teshuva for it, if that is even possible. It is written that a mosser has no chance for teshuva in his lifetime.

Excuse me, while she should have consulted a competent Rav before reporting her fellow Jews, was the chillul Hashem caused by some of the anti-vaxers something that made Hashem proud? Was carelessly and heartlessly exposing infants to the measles something that made Hashem proud? Why are the anti-vaxers the only victims here? So everyone who had to put up with this bio-terrorism is wrong for not going to Albany to fight for the rights of the anti-vaxers? And the pro-vaxers are the only ones to blame for the weakening of religious freedom? This is what everyone objects to regarding anti-vaxers!!!
While I am wondering why people would want their children's friends to leave the school, rather than working on ways to include them, if it was due to selfish and manipulative behavior then I totally understand why.
Yes, the focus should be on vaccine injury and prevention but that focus gets lost in the phoney junk science that says measles is no big deal.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 1:27 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Well, all the unvaccinated people are already immune and all the vaccinated people are up to date on the MMR... That's why they say that measles comes in cycles.

Newborn babies don’t fall into either category!
ETA immunocompromised ppl don’t either

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 5:56 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Newborn babies don’t fall into either category!
ETA immunocompromised ppl don’t either

And it's not just newborns! We're not talking about keeping babies home for 2 months, which is hard enough. A baby can't get an MMR till 6 months. That means 6 months of no grocery shopping. No trips to the park. No back to school shopping for older siblings. No Chanukah parties or Purim parties.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 6:28 am
What about Lakewood? What is the status there?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 7:34 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:

Mesira does not really exist in the US. Mesira existed in scenarios such as the Spanish Inquisition when someone mossered on their neighbor for being a marrano and got them killed as a result. People who scream mosser all day have no idea what they are talking about.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics