Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
School Bus stop consultant

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:33 am
That's officially my new job title!
I help people figure out a schedule for their various bus stops and advise them when to wake up every morning, when to leave their house and which corner to stand on.

Seriously, every morning I witness kids missing their bus/ almost missing their bus etc. And I think to myself, come on, just leave the house 5 minutes earlier... If it's once in a while, I can understand, but every day?

little neshamala

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:37 am
If you live in monsey, they're all missing their buses because the buses are not coming at their correct times. ERCSD messed up big time this year and its been total mayhem for certain routes.
If you dont live in monsey, carry on with your job.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I help people figure out a schedule for their various bus stops and advise them when to wake up every morning, when to leave their house and which corner to stand on.

Seriously, every morning I witness kids missing their bus/ almost missing their bus etc. And I think to myself, come on, just leave the house 5 minutes earlier... If it's once in a while, I can understand, but every day?

Sometime it's just the kid who refuses to get moving before a couple of minutes before their bus arrival. No matter what time you wake them up.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:42 am
Nope, not Monsey.
If people are wondering why it bothers me, well I try to tell the busses to wait if I see someone running from far, but then bus driver gets annoyed, because he's holding up traffic.
If I don't ask him to wait, I get these looks from people, like "come on, couldn't you tell him to wait?".
There are about 5 busses that pick up kids at this bus stop during the time I wait there with my kids, and I Know all the people waiting...

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:43 am
East Ramapo in monsey contracted out their routes to a different company and the busses are a mess. By the time the bus arrives, class has begun so many parents are taking their kids. Or the bus arrives ak early, when the kids are still in bed.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 5:52 am
I live in Lakewood. All the busses are a mess right now!! LOL
Never came at the same time 2 days in a row yet!
Funny thing is when I saw your tittle I thought you were actually offering your services to remake the routes! I dk who makes those but they don't make any sense, so most bus drivers have to figure it out themselves! Sad
My 5yr old was given a stop 2 blocks away, bh bus drivers have been accommodating.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 6:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I guess you have your work cut out for you. This is probably one of the reasons for the need of the job itself. And yes, I agree with you about getting up earlier.

dankbar

Post Thu, Sep 12 2019, 6:17 am
Also thought your job is really to create the bus routes for the schools. My son's cheder has couple of buses but instead of each bus focusing on one area, each one ( besides one) go from one end of town to other
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics