Home

Preschool Teacher posting on Social Media during school day

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Mon, Sep 16 2019, 11:00 am
I see her posts.- not lengthy- mostly responses to other posts during the school day. All about personal things, people looking for recommendations, mazel tovs etc.
It bothers me a bit even though I think she is a great teacher. But, shouldnt she be teaching the kids. I can see the time. Its not during rest time. How would you feel?
Back to top

simba




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Sep 16 2019, 11:07 am
I wouldn’t feel great about it. I would rather she keep a close eye on my child then her phone.

Today’s reality makes it unlikely. If you say something she may stop posting but unlikely stop her screen time. All you will accomplish is her annoyance with you and the risk that t may transfer to your child.
Back to top

mrsjay




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Sep 16 2019, 11:08 am
Definitely hear your valid concern unfortunately our attention to social media has gotten way out of hand.... but a Morah being on the phone while on duty in my personal opinion has crossed a major line
Back to top

amother




Mauve


Post  Mon, Sep 16 2019, 11:16 am
Hopefully it is during her break time?
I would speak to the director about it
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Sep 16 2019, 11:32 am
It's pretty common. If you don't like it, move your child.
She won't stop if you say something - she'll just hide it better.
Back to top

mha3484




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Sep 16 2019, 12:21 pm
Is this play group in her house or an institutional type place where the teachers get breaks?

If its the first, I would be concerned if its second I would be dan l chaf zchus that shes not neglecting the kids shes in the bathroom or getting a drink or taking a 5 min whatever.
Back to top

polka dots




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Sep 16 2019, 12:22 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
It's pretty common. If you don't like it, move your child.
She won't stop if you say something - she'll just hide it better.


Schools should have a policy about shutting phones or keeping it in a drop off box
Back to top

amother




Lavender


Post  Mon, Sep 16 2019, 12:50 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Is this play group in her house or an institutional type place where the teachers get breaks?

If its the first, I would be concerned if its second I would be dan l chaf zchus that shes not neglecting the kids shes in the bathroom or getting a drink or taking a 5 min whatever.


It makes no difference to me. I've worked in both and both can hold abuse.
Have you been following the past few thread on this topic?
There's little difference between them.
Back to top

LovesHashem




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Sep 16 2019, 12:51 pm
polka dots wrote:
Schools should have a policy about shutting phones or keeping it in a drop off box


It's a nice thought. You can share it with the school - but unless its your school - you can't force change.

In many places there are no-phones allowed rules.
Back to top

amother




Dodgerblue


Post  Mon, Sep 16 2019, 1:03 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
It makes no difference to me. I've worked in both and both can hold abuse.
Have you been following the past few thread on this topic?
There's little difference between them.


I think the difference she meant was not how professional they are but rather if the Morah has breaks.

I am a playgroup Morah in my house (yes all 12 of my kids are napping now) but all my mothers know that though they can text me not during nap time I will not be able to respond until the kids are sleeping. When I'm on duty there is no break. If I need the bathroom I wait till it's a decent time and I fly. My assistant and I both have break time if the kids are sleeping during nap time.

However, I've worked in a center before and because there was a lot more staff each teacher was given a break in addition to nap time. They had floaters come into the classroom during that time. That's the difference.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
School refusal
by amother
7 Today at 11:53 am View last post
5 year old doesn't want to go to school 4 Today at 9:40 am View last post
Brooklyn High school open house
by amother
1 Today at 1:41 am View last post
Chasan sofer boys school
by amother
8 Sat, Oct 12 2019, 11:26 pm View last post
High school discipline help
by amother
51 Sat, Oct 12 2019, 8:38 pm View last post

Jump to: