Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Poll- summer/winter for kids RH- NY area
1  2  Next

Summer/winter?
Old summer stuff  
 87%  [ 96 ]
New! new! new!  
 12%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 110

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 11:56 am
Please enter what your kids will be wearing

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:03 pm
RH they wear their new winter robes at home. And their summer/year round clothes (not the white stuff) with their new shabbos shoes.
They wear their new winter clothes on Succos

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:18 pm
How could you even consider winter clothing in 80 degree weather?

monseymom25

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:19 pm
Well it depends on the weather. We have the old and the new and I'll see what will be the most comfortable for my daughter to wear. Then I'll decide.

Wife1

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:20 pm
Whatever the weather is they wear clothing that makes sense

I always feel bad for the kids dressed in wool and fur when it's boiling outside!!

bsy

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:22 pm
Wife1 wrote:

I always feel bad for the kids dressed in wool and fur when it's boiling outside!!

This

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:28 pm
I'll see yom tov depending on the weather.

watergirl

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 12:32 pm
Wife1 wrote:

the Kichels had a funny page about this last year. It was RH and all of them had their new winter clothes on and were sweating.

Come on people! Don't be sheepole! Where I live it will be in the upper 80s on RH. I really hope people have more seichel than to dress their kids in fur, wool, and thick sleeves!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 6:30 pm
Growing up, we always had our new winter clothes before RH but my mother never let us wear our new clothes for RH. We always wore summer clothes/ previous season winter clothes if cold. She said when wearing new clothes it takes your mind away from the special seriousness of the holy day.
We always saved our new winter wardrobe for Succos. I do the same for my kids.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 9:00 pm
Completely depends on the weather. A couple years ago, I had this discussion with a neighbor. Her kids were dressed in complete winter clothing and it was really hot outside. My kids are wearing short sleeves and shorts and her kids were wearing literally fur and wool. She said that's too bad they have to wear their new clothing, cuz they're summer clothing is already old, I felt so bad for her kids. In my opinion it depends on the weather and the kids have to be comfortable whether the clothes are new or old.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 9:02 pm
I bought velvet and the weather shows 70s/80s so summer clothes it is.

keym

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 9:24 pm
I bought cotton/poly. Long sleeve shirts and long pants, but not heavy wool/velvet/suede. So if my kids want to wear their new stuff, I don't care. The sweaters that I bought will wait for sukkos.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 9:26 pm
In between kind of stuff. Thinner fabrics, darker colors.

Also, don't feel so bad for kids wearing heavy winter, they probably begged their moms' to let them put the new stuff on not the other way around

SingALong

Post Thu, Sep 26 2019, 10:43 pm
My kids will be wearing their light colored summer clothing with heavy black velvet shoes. Cuz they outgrew their summer shoes and it pinches their toes. Too bad. Hope the fashion police don’t get me.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 4:41 am
We're in Yerushalayim, so summer all the way!
I hope it's not a serious transgression Wink

DrMom

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 6:47 am
It's projected to be 86F.

Summer clothes.

Oops - just saw you asked about NY area only...

behappy2

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 6:53 am
I find this an issue with younger ones who outgrow their clothing by the end of the summer. This year I picked up dresses that were a bit long in middle of the summer for a good price so she can look nice on Yom tov.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 8:44 am
behappy2 wrote:
I find this an issue with younger ones who outgrow their clothing by the end of the summer. This year I picked up dresses that were a bit long in middle of the summer for a good price so she can look nice on Yom tov.

Yes this. I had to get borrow some things from my sister. Most of his summer stuff are too small.
I also bought two shabbos outfits that are just long sleeve shirts and can be worn on “chillier” days.

sky

Post Fri, Sep 27 2019, 8:46 am
I believe you are supposed to try to save new clothing for shalosh regalim - succos, pesach, and shavous. I’m our shul almost everyone on Rosh Hashana wears summer.
Anyways RH is supposed to be really hot.

dankbar

Post Sat, Sep 28 2019, 9:06 pm
Depends on weather but I have one new boys outfit that's all year round. Cotton overtop. Poly pants. Not fur/wool.
For my dgtr I have one new all year round knit dress but not wool/fur/velvet
So if it's not that hot but also not that cold they can wear that
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics