Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Does your husband like you to dress trendy?
Previous  1  2

DrMom

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 12:28 pm
My DH would not be able to identify a fashion trend if his life depended on it.

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 1:08 pm
DrMom wrote:
My DH would not be able to identify a fashion trend if his life depended on it.

This.
I don't like to dress trendy, so it's a good match. The items that are sooo 'in style now' seem to scream to me 'trying too hard' or 'have nothing better to do with my time.'

I mean, I can appreciate them on others, but have absolutely no inclination to start wearing tassel earrings or elaborate patterned turbans myself (things that are 'trendy' in my community now).

DrMom

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 3:11 pm
I can see someone's DH appreciating when his wife wears something that flatters her figure, or a color that lights up her face. It makes his wife look beautiful, and what man wouldn't like that (assuming he notices this stuff at all)?

But why would a man want his wife to look especially *trendy*? Why would he care?

Is it a status thing that allows him to say that his family can afford new clothing every few months? I don't get it.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 3:16 pm
My husband finds the concept of changing all the time dumb. He has also very classic and simple tastes. BTw for men I have very classic tastes and I love how my husband dresses. I probably care more how he dresses

Teomima

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 3:43 pm
My husband doesn't notice nor have any opinion regarding what I wear.
Eta- and that's fine by me!

livinginflatbus

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 10:17 pm
I think op is referring to dressing stylishly not necessarily trendy .

giselle

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 10:44 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Dh biggest pet peeve is loosely fit dresses and clothing. He refers to them as garbage bags. So if you call that trendy than a big fat no. Otherwise he likes when I look like I came from this era and not my moms Smile

My husband can’t stand them either.

Can’t imagine any men find them particularly attractive.

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 10:57 pm
giselle wrote:
My husband can’t stand them either.

Can’t imagine any men find them particularly attractive.

This trend is called man-repelling for a reason.

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Oct 05 2019, 11:07 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
I think op is referring to dressing stylishly not necessarily trendy .

Why?
My dh tells me the same thing. I sometimes feel "bad" that I can't afford the trends, ie ribbed two piece sets for $130 for everyday, up to date wigs, etc. I also don't have the figure for those trendy midi skirts with a tshirt tucked in. I shop in H&M, asos, and department store sales. When I choose to (sometimes I prefer to eschew it all for comfort's sake), I can look very nice, attractive and put together, but not trendy. I see many local women dressing super trendy, and I sometimes vent to dh about feeling dowdy. He always tells me "I am so happy you are the way you are. You are beautiful, with no airs about you, and I love it." He davka likes that I'm not trendy... he really likes classic styles... works for me Smile

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:19 am
My DH's favorite dresses are those that most resemble fashion from years ago... full sleeves, A-line, like a gown... so no, he doesn't care if I dressy "trendy." He appreciates when I dress nicely.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:41 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Mine hasn’t expressed a preference as to the style of dress I wear which im glad about because I think it’s weird to be so involved in something that’s not really his business.

Why is it weird? My husband doesn’t care if I’m trendy, he doesn’t know the difference, but if he did I don’t think it’s not his business. I like him to dress a certain way, why can’t he like me to dress a certain way. We’re not talking about forcing anyone, just having a preference

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 12:43 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Why is it weird? My husband doesn’t care if I’m trendy, he doesn’t know the difference, but if he did I don’t think it’s not his business. I like him to dress a certain way, why can’t he like me to dress a certain way. We’re not talking about forcing anyone, just having a preference

Yes, lol my husband definitely has preferences when it comes to my clothes. And I like to dress in a way that he appreciates.

I’ve seen posters talking about how they buy their husband’s clothes and tell them what to wear. Why is that different?

Amarante

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:03 am
Are many frum men metrosexuals? I ask because most men don't know what is trendy per se - let alone frum men - unless they are in some kind of business related to the fashion industry when they need to know.

In my experience most men want women to look "nice". I could attempt to explain what "nice" is but I thought most Imas know what "nice" is - clean; well fitting and flattering to one's figure (not necessarily s*xy), pretty colors that look well - many men do have color preferences unless they are color blind. I am not being facetious as my father was color blind literally so although he thought my mother dressed "nicely", she could have been wearing chartreuse with hot pink :-)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics