Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The rural Chinese live to 100; why not us?
1  2  Next

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 8:51 pm
Because of diet, activity level, attitudes about stress, family and community life, their lifespan far exceeds ours.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 8:53 pm
Because they arent vaccinated and dont rely on big pharma as well Laugh Laugh Laugh

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:09 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Because they arent vaccinated and dont rely on big pharma as well Laugh Laugh Laugh

If I lived there I probably wouldn't need big pharma.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:19 pm
southernbubby wrote:
If I lived there I probably wouldn't need big pharma.

Right. Herbs and acupuncture.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:23 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Right. Herbs and acupuncture.

It works for them; along with food picked and eaten the same day, lots of love and exercise, better ways of dealing with stress, and if all else fails, they have socialized medicine. They don't ride the germy subway.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:25 pm
Why isn't anyone going with the hashem wants them to be the most blessed people in the world in terms of longevity. So they outlive everyone.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:26 pm
Proof, please. The Japanese Okinawa s are now dying at normal ages since the western diet was introduced. What Chinese people are you referring to?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:27 pm
Life in China IS HORRIBLE. Poor them.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:30 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Proof, please. The Japanese Okinawa s are now dying at normal ages since the western diet was introduced. What Chinese people are you referring to?

Is this anywhere near Fukushima?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 9:32 pm
andrea levy wrote:

Rural Chinese. The ones in the city breathe polluted air, sit at desks, eat processed foods, go to germy places, cheat on their spouses, etc so they die young.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:27 am
southernbubby wrote:
Rural Chinese. The ones in the city breathe polluted air, sit at desks, eat processed foods, go to germy places, cheat on their spouses, etc so they die young.

Please show me the source of this information. Right now it just sounds like you’re making this up. God forbid for even a moment you should think I don’t agree that pollution and processed foods kill people, I just want to know where you heard this.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:40 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Is this [Okinawa] anywhere near Fukushima?

No. Okinawa is in the south, and Fukushima is in northern Japan.

sequoia

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:41 am
I think Japanese people still eat a mostly traditional diet.

DrMom

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:44 am
What rural people in China?

What percentage of them live to 100?

Give us some numbers and a source, please.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 3:51 am
I thought this was a joke.

How many months have you spent there studying?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 5:54 am
Spiritually, it's because that's how long Hashem wants them to live.

Practically, it's because their diet is healthier, they live out in the country, and they are far away from their neighbors because they are surrounded by farmland and rice fields. Not so much chance to share germs. Dairy, white flour, and refined sugars are not really a thing out in rural areas, and meat is mainly for holidays, or for the sick and elderly.

Genetically, it depends on how long your telemeres are programmed to live. If you have very long telemeres, you will live longer. The research on this is very cool, and has tons of interesting implications (although it may make it harder to get life insurance in the future.)

On the other hand, George Burns smoked 5 cigars a day, and lived to be almost 100. He joked "Someone asked me how I got to be 99 years old while smoking so much. What did my doctors have to say about that?" and I answered "Not much, they're all dead." LOL

The oldest living woman in France smoked and drank red wine every day, and said that she only cooked with real butter.

All that said, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow, so you never know. Live each day fully, and make it count!

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:05 am
southernbubby wrote:

How does cheating have anything to do with dying young ? LOL Plenty of people cheat (actually more than 50% acoording to surveys) and they live a long and happy life.

I'd say it's mostly the food we eat. The western world eats too much meat and chicken which is mass produced and pumped up with medicine. Kosher deli meat is disgusting. The colors are anything but natural.
I'm sure the rural Chinese people eat a mostly plant based diet with chicken which are raised by them, so no mass production or antibiotics used. A lot of deseases including cancer wouldn't be so widely spread if people ate healthy.
Then stress which they probably don't have.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 6:30 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
How does cheating have anything to do with dying young ? LOL Plenty of people cheat (actually more than 50% acoording to surveys) and they live a long and happy life.

Not all STD's are curable. Even if you find out you have one, by the time you get it treated it may have already done some damage. Many strains of HPV can cause cancer. 100 years ago, syphilis was one of the leading causes of death, and it usually cause insanity before it killed you.

Factor in race and poverty. People of color have the least amount of health care, and die at much higher rates from preventable health causes in general. Then you have cultural practices that make people reluctant to get help. What about a Muslim family, where if a girl gets an STD, she can't go to the doctor because if her father and brothers find out, they will kill her for "family honor"?

And don't fool yourself. Wealthy, white, heterozexual people get AIDS, too. Just because it's become a more manageable chronic disease instead of an instant death sentence, doesn't mean you can take it for granted.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:01 am
Mmmmm countryside people go to the market, have large families etc. Of course there's contagion.

POllution is everywhere.

You don't lead a happy life cheating, if you were happy you wouldn't cheat.

You think there's no stress of life because countryside? I think every individual has stress, and certainly poverty is no help. Unless you mean a very special kind of rich countryside. But then they have probably work and/or sojourns in the city.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 7:53 am
This is literally the most assinine thread ever. All sorts of declarations not backed up by proof.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics