Home

Allergic to many different antibiotics-now what?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:22 pm
My daughter is allergic to 3 different types of antibiotics including the penicillin family.
Has anyone been through this before?
I have an appointment to assess her allergies because I am afraid of what will be if she can’t tolerate anything else. The only antibiotics left are not as good or have side effects.
I told my dd she just can’t get sick anymore.
I’m nervous. Please reassure me.
Back to top

amother




Oak
 

Post  Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:25 pm
Is there any way to take an antibiotic she is allergic to with something else to combat the allergic reaction?

My aunt is allergic to penicillin, but took a penicillin-based antibiotic together with Benadryl.
Back to top

amother




Black
 

Post  Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:27 pm
look into herbal antibiotics https://www.amazon.com/Herbal-.....r=8-1
Back to top

amother




Brunette
 

Post  Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:43 pm
Go natural. God created many natural antibiotics. If you want to know the truth about modern medicine you will find it. Dig past the big pharma and its affiliates and you will be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top

amother




Lawngreen
 

Post  Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:45 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Go natural. God created many natural antibiotics. If you want to know the truth about modern medicine you will find it. Dig past the big pharma and its affiliates and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Another brunette- Do u vaccinate your kids?
Back to top

amother




Ivory
 

Post  Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:51 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Go natural. God created many natural antibiotics. If you want to know the truth about modern medicine you will find it. Dig past the big pharma and its affiliates and you will be pleasantly surprised.


Can not agree more. I used to get strep very often and was told by someone who's kids are allergic to penicillin that for stept throat she gives her kids apple cider vinegar and it heals it. So I decided to give it a try as meds almost barely works for me. So I took 1 T apple cider vinegar 3x a day mixed with honey and water. And recultured one week later and got negative results. which was amazing!
Back to top

amother




Babyblue
 

Post  Wed, Oct 09 2019, 9:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter is allergic to 3 different types of antibiotics including the penicillin family.
Has anyone been through this before?
I have an appointment to assess her allergies because I am afraid of what will be if she can’t tolerate anything else. The only antibiotics left are not as good or have side effects.
I told my dd she just can’t get sick anymore.
I’m nervous. Please reassure me.

Look for natural alternatives.
Back to top

amother




Aqua
 

Post  Wed, Oct 09 2019, 10:02 pm
I'm allergic to a few different abx. I'm BH fine. What are your concerns?
Back to top

chasdie Hashem




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Oct 09 2019, 10:32 pm
Go natural!yups-I second that-son allergic as welll & Bh lots succes naturally-dr says continue giving wtvr u give-b still under drs care making sure goes away ...
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Oct 09 2019, 10:39 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
look into herbal antibiotics https://www.amazon.com/Herbal-.....r=8-1


Looks interesting but requires a lot of commitment. If you read the reviews, some courses of treatment using herbs took a year and also required dietary changes. It might work if someone is very consistent.
Back to top

amother




Black
 

Post  Wed, Oct 09 2019, 10:45 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Looks interesting but requires a lot of commitment. If you read the reviews, some courses of treatment using herbs took a year and also required dietary changes. It might work if someone is very consistent.
Those reviewers are probably talking about chronic resistant infections like lyme and such. I'm assuming op is looking for options for acute infections like strep. Those usually don't require more than 2-3 weeks.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Going to a different community for the lunch program
by amother
13 Yesterday at 8:30 pm View last post
Different ages--keeping everyone happy 2 Fri, Jul 10 2020, 10:05 am View last post
Do playgroups have different hashgafas? 1 Fri, Jun 19 2020, 12:03 am View last post
Dry yeast- can I mix two different kinds?
by Momkan
2 Fri, Jun 12 2020, 8:35 am View last post
Different genders sharing a bedroom
by amother
53 Tue, Jun 09 2020, 10:58 am View last post

Jump to: