Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
So exhausted

myfriends715

Post Sun, Jan 06 2008, 7:26 am
I'm just so tired I dont even know what to do B'h I gave birth to twins four months ago (and have been MIA from imamother since) during the morning I am home alone with both of them, my son has terrible refulx and keeps vomiting and my daughter is exteremly active and gets bored easily I am constantly on my feet holding one or the other (or sometimes both) then I work in the afternoons (more to keep my sanity than for money) and then I come home and then its just the 3 of us again until dh comes home at 7:30 at which time he gives shani a bath while I take care of Sruli (who gets super nuts at night) and then he puts her to sleep takes a little break while I take care of sruli and then he gives him a batha nd puts him to sleep.. b"h the kids just started sleeping through the night and dh wakes up for them if they dont but just this one on two is killing me (dont get me wring my kids were long awaited for and I am thrilled just really tired) we called a few organizations that send volunteers and stuff but since I live in manhattan beach and not flatbush or boro park proper they say that I live too far.. also I would be fine with some highschool girls coming as chesed.. but again I live too far.. I even offered to pay for transportation but still nothng.. I cant afford a full time babysitter.. what do I do.. I'm m collapsing

Nicole

Post Sun, Jan 06 2008, 7:45 am
Can you get a babysitter for a couple of hrs/day - at least a few days/week? That will give you some time to do "me" things and clear your head or to nap a bit. Even though you're thrilled with your babies, you still have every "right" to be tired - dont feel badly!
Maybe the other moms of twins can give u better tips....
hang in there! Wink

imokay

Post Sun, Jan 06 2008, 1:57 pm
just wanted to say, that u should know that while it is super hard now, I promise u- and that a promise, it gets so much easier.
my twins are now 3, and as I type this, they are playing micely together- built in playmates- it's great (yes they fight a lot too, but the good by fat outweighs all that)
the first year is HARD. no two ways about that (unless u have live in nanny and u leave the country) very emotionally draining.
after that, it gets a bit easier- more physically challegning (running in dif. directions and the like) but more emotionally satsifying
at 2, u can send them to playgroup and your life is revolutionized!
and at 3, theyre really mini people, kind of like an old married couple- bickering but the best of friends.
so hang in there.
sometimes, if my twins were crzay, I just packed them up and left- if the weather was nice, in the stroller, otherwise we juist drove. no destination. just needed to have them quiet so I could think.
and get a part time babysitter- not just for when u work, but add on extra hour or 2 just for u!
ill repeat. I remember the feelings of being overwhelmed. really. but just hang in there. its all so worth it!
Very Happy

amother

Post Sun, Jan 06 2008, 2:07 pm
I also had a baby with very bad reflux. Ask your doctor about an infant probiotic. They aid with digestion. I wish I had known about them when he was an infant, I only found out about them later and they made such a difference. And get yourself a babysitter for an hr or 2 when you're home, even if it is only so you can take a nap. It will make such a difference.

Hatzlacha

Sparkle

Post Sun, Jan 06 2008, 2:27 pm
Wow. Twinds! Kol Hakavod to you. My daughter is just 3 days younger than your twins and I'm exhausted as it is. (I have bigger ones - but not the same as twins).
My only advice: the more you get out with them, the easier it is. And I remember someone telling me that reflux is usually over by 7-8 months. Anyone with experience?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics