Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Gained so much weight 😢

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 9:56 am
I was so good for about a year
First 6 months I lost at a snail pace, but the numbers kept going down.
Then I stalled.
Since a little before RH, I totally gave up
I’ve gained 10lb in 6 weeks

Need to start again

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 10:54 am
This is normal, actually. It’s an actual physiological response. Your body is trying to establish homeostasis and your hormones get out of whack and induce you to eat. You are not a glutton or morally depraved.

In my experience which is maintaining an 80 pound weight loss for about 1.5 years, [gentile] g low carb to get your insulin down but continuing not to starve yourself is a good way to combat this.

I don’t cheat, ever and yet still I have times where I’m a few days my body will just jump up weight wise. The good news is that as long as I know what I’m doing is the right thing, I just wait it out and it always resolves. A few weeks ago I was up 12 pounds. I did nothing to have that happen. I also did nothing to lose it in a quick whoosh shortly after. I just stayed on course. That was that. This has happened three times in over two years and each time I just kept going. I hope this helps!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 11:31 am
Yes but I know it’s because I cheated ate everything and anything
Need to get back on track
Need to lose 30lbs

But I’ve made a conscious decision not to worry about it until Wednesday
Don’t know if it’s smart

I know it will probably take me 3 months to lose these 10 lbs.

I’m a yo-yo diet EXPERT

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 1:20 pm
You cheated and then you plateaued and gained weight? Or you cheated because you plateaued?

Because if you need to lose thirty pounds, let me tell you, I needed to lose 6.5 TIMES that when I started.

I lost 50 pounds in the first three months of this food plan because I weighed so much. But I needed to lose 200. And now I’m at roughly 90 total over the next 2 years. SO 110 or so to go. But I also haven’t gained it back, so even if this plateau never ends, I’m ahead of where I was.

Before I got on my current path, I’d Lost probably 200 pounds over the past forty years and gained 215 plus because multiple times weight gained after loss.

Start When you want, or dont.

But know that you CAN get off the roller coaster. I don t care if I’m ever a size two, I care never to get back on the roller coasterand this is how it’s done.

No matter what your food plan. Stay on it. That’s how you get off. That’s how you DONT end up 315 lbs when you’re five one and break your metabolism forever.

Every single person I know who has successfully maintained has done so by stating ON it stops working, they tweak their plan. If they can’t, they find a plan that works for them and then they do. Day in, day out. Forever. Amen.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 1:24 pm
What I meant was that plateau on any weight loss regimen is homeostasis. You experience it whether you’re good or not. The key is MAKING your body understand that you arent going back.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 1:36 pm
andrea levy wrote:
You cheated and then you plateaued and gained weight? Or you cheated because you plateaued?

Because if you need to lose thirty pounds, let me tell you, I needed to lose 6.5 TIMES that when I started.

I lost 50 pounds in the first three months of this food plan because I weighed so much. But I needed to lose 200. And now I’m at roughly 90 total over the next 2 years. SO 110 or so to go. But I also haven’t gained it back, so even if this plateau never ends, I’m ahead of where I was.

Before I got on my current path, I’d Lost probably 200 pounds over the past forty years and gained 215 plus because multiple times weight gained after loss.

Start When you want, or dont.

But know that you CAN get off the roller coaster. I don t care if I’m ever a size two, I care never to get back on the roller coasterand this is how it’s done.

No matter what your food plan. Stay on it. That’s how you get off. That’s how you DONT end up 315 lbs when you’re five one and break your metabolism forever.

Every single person I know who has successfully maintained has done so by stating ON it stops working, they tweak their plan. If they can’t, they find a plan that works for them and then they do. Day in, day out. Forever. Amen.

Agree but easier said than done.
I do great as long as I don’t have the junk in the house.
The kids and grandkids came for chag and my eating plan went out the window.

I need to learn to have it in the house and not touch it

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 1:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Agree but easier said than done.
I do great as long as I don’t have the junk in the house.
The kids and grandkids came for chag and my eating plan went out the window.

I need to learn to have it in the house and not touch it

Hangin there. If I can do it, anyone can. Whether it’s in my house or not at this point!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 2:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes but I know it’s because I cheated ate everything and anything
Need to get back on track
Need to lose 30lbs

But I’ve made a conscious decision not to worry about it until Wednesday
Don’t know if it’s smart

Until Wed., try not to eat food you'll nutritionally regret. Eat more slowly but don't obsess if you go for seconds (or half seconds) of healthier foods. Try to have healthy options you enjoy, e.g. produce, good grains, and indulge in that.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 2:38 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Until Wed., try not to eat food you'll nutritionally regret. Eat more slowly but don't obsess if you go for seconds (or half seconds) of healthier foods. Try to have healthy options you enjoy, e.g. produce, good grains, and indulge in that.

Yup that’s what I’m planning to do.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Oct 18 2019, 4:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yup that’s what I’m planning to do.

If you cut out sugar, carbs (other than non starchy vegetables) your cravings and hunger will be under control.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise