Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Hoshana Rabba Seudah
Previous  1  2  3

sky

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:01 pm
We have seudah. Challah. Wine. Meat. Soup.

Yekke so no krepkach as minhag.

But I made them anyway…

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:04 pm
Yes. I grew up with it and make one. Today was crazy. I was working and in a meeting while my DH and kids were having the Seuda. We have challah with honey, soup and kreplach, meat and a couple of side dishes. I serve on disposables. My mother used to serve this Seuda on China. I don’t have time to clean up the mess afterward.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My DH and I were talking about Hoshana Raba and he had never heard of making a seudah whereas I grew up with one (kreplach and all) and everyone I know makes one. I’m curious about others-do you make a seudah? (Also curious what you serve if you do but that’s a separate question 😊) If you’ve never heard of making a seudah then, what circles are you part of? (Ashkenaz, sefardi, chassidish, etc)

I didn’t grow up with it, my husband did. When there is time, we do a full seuda- fish, soup with kreplach, meat, and some potato did. Today it was just soup and meat.
Growing up I don’t know what circle we were part of. I’d say just plain frum. Not Yeshiva she, not MO, somewhere in the middle.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Sep 28 2021, 1:05 pm
MO/DL, we have a full yom tov meal including soup with kreplach. But then, I only have to cook for one day of Chag afterwards.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Sep 28 2021, 1:10 pm
I did not grow up with it in any way shape or form, in DH’s family it’s a big deal, and his mother always serves kreplach. We have a meal late on hoshana raba, usually with kreplach but not always. It’s a seuda just a drop less formal than we have on Shabbat.
We live in Israel and I like that we eat a full meal before going to shul for hakafot on Simchat Torah.

essie14

Post Tue, Sep 28 2021, 1:19 pm
I grew up with washing for a meal on Hashanah rabba but it wasn't a proper shabbat seuda. DH didn't but we usually have bagels and spreads around and everyone ends up washing at some point, but we don't sit down to an actual meal together. Everyone just grabs food and eats in the sukkah.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Sep 28 2021, 2:26 pm
Lol this is an old thread - turns out I commented on the previous page from two years ago too.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics