Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What birth control for Dd before the wedding
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 2:50 pm
I know girls take it to have the wedding not nida. Which birth control is recommended

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 2:52 pm
She should see a gyn and they can give you the options

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 2:55 pm
You need a gynecologist to prescribe it anyway, so make an appointment and she will give you the options.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 2:57 pm
My family dr prescribed yasmin at the time

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 4:07 pm
Aygestin

thanks

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 4:11 pm
Dr wurtzberger in Monsey is known for helping kallos. It's a very special experience, and worth a trip from Brooklyn or anywhere nearby.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 4:14 pm
thanks wrote:
Dr wurtzberger in Monsey is known for helping kallos. It's a very special experience, and worth a trip from Brooklyn or anywhere nearby.

It's worth going to him from Brooklyn for just about anything.
The most amazing dr I've come across.

oneofakind

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 5:31 pm
First figure out if she can manage without it. So far, 2 of my daughter s didn't need anything and were fine, 1 needed so she got pills from a PA at our local internist, rest we'll see when the time comes.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 6:08 pm
oneofakind wrote:
First figure out if she can manage without it. So far, 2 of my daughter s didn't need anything and were fine, 1 needed so she got pills from a PA at our local internist, rest we'll see when the time comes.

I agree. If it works out naturally that's the best. Hormonal pills can cause spotting and give more issues.

When I saw that it wasn't going to work naturally for me, the OB prescribed me pills to push off my period right before.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 6:37 pm
oneofakind wrote:

The problem is that all the stress from before the wedding can totally throw off her cycle.

When we set our wedding date (3 months before the wedding), my cycles were lining up so it shouldn't have been a problem. By the time I came one month before the wedding and got my period, my next period was due to arrive the night of the wedding. (I used Aygestin to push it off.)

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:17 pm
thanks wrote:

.what's makes it a special experience?🤔

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:27 pm
Pretty sure Dr w prescribed aygestin

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:37 pm
I didnt want to go on the pill. But as we got closer to the wedding, my cycle was really messing up. I ended up getting a prescription from my family dr, and it really saved me. I was able to push off my period until the day after my wedding. If I would've started earlier, I would have been able to regulate my cycle better and been more relaxed. I for sure would've been chupas nidda had I not taken any meds. Was very scary.

I had no issues after stopping to take the pill. Got pregnant right away to a healthy baby bh.

Whatever you do, go to your doctor and start regulating your period before it goes crazy out of whack.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:55 pm
How far in advance is it best to take it. I heard it’s better to take far in advance because if spotting. Is it true?

essie14

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How far in advance is it best to take it. I heard it’s better to take far in advance because if spotting. Is it true?

Aygestin is used to push off the period so she would only start taking it shortly before the wedding. Please have her make an appointment with a GYN. Doesn't need to be a frum doctor. All GYNs understand about pushing off your period. Non Jews do this too. The GYN will explain to her how the pill works.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:11 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Aygestin

Many kallahs take this

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My doctor told me I should have come as soon as I got engaged. I think he said 3-6 months is best, if I remember correctly.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:33 pm
thanks wrote:

I looked online and saw that dr wurtzberger a man. I would never send Dd to a male obgyn before she is married! How would it be a special experience?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:34 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
My doctor told me I should have come as soon as I got engaged. I think he said 3-6 months is best, if I remember correctly.

Ok thanks

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:42 pm
I had a Chuppas Niddah. My cycle got wonky in the months before the wedding.

It was REALLY not that bad. I don't regret it at all. In a Chabad wedding at least it is barely noticeable. We were told that DH could hand me the kesuba directly and even put the ring on my finger, trying not to touch. The Yichud room door wasn't locked, and we didn't hold hands in any pictures. Otherwise totally like any other wedding.

I was much happier knowing that it would be X days until we'd be together over the very real possibilities of spotting etc. that can come from taking hormones.

Someone I knew started spotting the day before the wedding from the pills and it lasted for THREE WEEKS. I was much happier with my 12 days (or was it less? can't remember now), thank you very much.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics