Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Why can’t I eat like everyone else
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:37 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Eat 1 piece of whole wheat or high fiber bread in addition to your breakfast.
For lunch, less oil add 1/4 avacodo and tuna with a bit if lite mayo or chickpeas.
Why don't you eat any apples? They are excellent in many ways!
You need to switch up what you eat. It can't be the same thing every day! Different vegetables. soups. fresh.veges. Make a list of proteins you enjoy!
I agree that you need aerobic exercise! I understand that it's difficult for you at this time. Take it slow and build it up!

If I ate like this I’d be 200lbs in 6 months

Amarante

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:39 pm
Since you seem to have a lot of food restrictions, I would suggest going to a licensed nutritionist who can help you set up a food plan that works for you within your constraints.

IrenaFr

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m about 35lbs overweight.
I can’t lose weight unless I eat about 1000 calories
If I eat 1200 I maintain
If I eat 1500 I gain weight

If I DONT eat low carb I’m super starving

If I eat low carb I still need to stay at about 1200 calories if not I gain weight

Is this normal

I just want to eat like a normal person

OP, I have the same problem. I also can't eat "normal" . Because I have insulin resistance. And I suspect that you too, reading what makes you hungry and gain weight. I researched this fir many years already . And read books and forums about weight problems for more than 10 years. Everybody at first tries to restrict fats, eat more often, etc. But they almost never succeed in the long term ! And now we know WHY. Many people now have insulin resistance. It is really an epidemic now Sad Because we live now in abundance, we can eat as much as we want and what we want and whenever we want. And our bodies are not built for this. Not for the food that "all" are eating and not for this abundance of food.
If you want to get to the root of what is going on with your body, how to help it, not fight with it but help and work with its incredible power and wisdom, please read books like previosly mentioned dr. Fung, or any book about Intermittent fasting, or how insulin works .
There are many YouTube channels that explain all the science, from real doctors too.
Before making all the diet plans, it's better to research newest science about how all this works .

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:40 pm
Amarante wrote:
Since you seem to have a lot of food restrictions, I would suggest going to a licensed nutritionist who can help you set up a food plan that works for you within your constraints.

That’s the plan I showed you.
She suggested removing the oil and switching to leaner protein when I wasn’t losing wright
But it just makes me tired and hungry.
Not sustainable

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:45 pm
Yes yes yes to all of this. Eve is amazing. She's not expensive... And I felt the same way no matter what I did I'd always be the same size. Followed eve and her diet (amazing btw and ull get to eat a lot more food than ur eating now) and within 4-5 months I lost almost 25 lbs and was shocked. U need to find what works for you. Obviously what your doing doesn't work... And sometimes you need outside help. Please call or message eve she will change your life and the way you feel about yourself. (718) 795-6126

nursemomma wrote:
Op, do you have IG? Check out Flavorfulfit- Eve Elenhorn. She may be able to help you figure out what the problem is

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 1:53 pm
You need to see a real doctor, then a dietitian.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 2:00 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
You need to see a real doctor, then a dietitian.

Dr. did blood test
Everything within normal range
Just over weight
Cholesterol
BP
A1C
Thyroid
Iron
Etc, etc
I even did a stress test
Only thing I’m in menapause but that’s been a while

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 2:03 pm
I went on Eves Instagram page
No way will I lose weight eating like that
She had a puff pastry with Hershey’s chocolate
Chocolate cheese cake puff pastry
Even if I just dreamed about it I would gain a ton of weight

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 2:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I went on Eves Instagram page
No way will I lose weight eating like that
She had a puff pastry with Hershey’s chocolate
Chocolate cheese cake puff pastry
Even if I just dreamed about it I would gain a ton of weight

Calories in doesn't equal calories out. I wish more people would know this. I work with people in your situation and I understand the frustration. You need to eat enough nutrients from the right sources to survive and thrive. Find a holistic health practitioner who would be able to guide you in this.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 2:47 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Calories in doesn't equal calories out. I wish more people would know this. I work with people in your situation and I understand the frustration. You need to eat enough nutrients from the right sources to survive and thrive. Find a holistic health practitioner who would be able to guide you in this.

I don’t live anywhere near ny.
Been trying to find someone
No such luck
All labs look good
No reason for this
Dr. says no way you are eating that little
Nutritionist says cut back
It’s just not sustainable

IrenaFr

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 2:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s the plan I showed you.
She suggested removing the oil and switching to leaner protein when I wasn’t losing wright
But it just makes me tired and hungry.
Not sustainable

Your dietitian is not up to the development of nutrition science ! It’s very old recommendations, she is really not keeping up Sad

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 2:48 pm

Are you a health coach

IrenaFr

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 2:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dr. did blood test
Everything within normal range
Just over weight
Cholesterol
BP
A1C
Thyroid
Iron
Etc, etc
I even did a stress test
Only thing I’m in menapause but that’s been a while

Insulin resistance (even if he checked you) very hard to caught. It’s mostly by the symptoms.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 3:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you a health coach

Yes similar

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 3:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you a health coach

Yes similar

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 3:29 pm
I'm so sorry you're struggling with this, sounds so tough! You seem to be trying so hard and putting in so much effort!!

Just a thought that comes to mind after reading the responses, as no one has mentioned these yet...

Is it possible that years of dieting, food restricting etc has messed with your metabolism? Have you spent a long time on and off dieting?

I'm currently following the Intuitive eating approach, and ironically I am eating alot more, with no restrictions at all, but have managed to maintain my weight for the last year or so (with lots of added movement too, not for fat-burning sake, but I just know how energised I feel when my body moves!). It feels so good to be able to trust your body and the cues it gives you, and not obsess over calories, fat content, eating times etc etc.

Of course everyone is different and needs to find what works for them, but perhaps it could be worth you checking out this approach?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 3:34 pm
Yes similar

So, what do you advise
I figure this is your parnasa so
Of course I don’t sugges you give me a food plan, but a possible push in the right direction would be appreciated.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 3:35 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I'm so sorry you're struggling with this, sounds so tough! You seem to be trying so hard and putting in so much effort!!

Just a thought that comes to mind after reading the responses, as no one has mentioned these yet...

Is it possible that years of dieting, food restricting etc has messed with your metabolism? Have you spent a long time on and off dieting?

I'm currently following the Intuitive eating approach, and ironically I am eating alot more, with no restrictions at all, but have managed to maintain my weight for the last year or so (with lots of added movement too, not for fat-burning sake, but I just know how energised I feel when my body moves!). It feels so good to be able to trust your body and the cues it gives you, and not obsess over calories, fat content, eating times etc etc.

Of course everyone is different and needs to find what works for them, but perhaps it could be worth you checking out this approach?

That would be a dream come true.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 4:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So, what do you advise
I figure this is your parnasa so
Of course I don’t sugges you give me a food plan, but a possible push in the right direction would be appreciated.

By the sound of it you have just restricted more and more foods, so your body is not even able to lose weight. It will hold onto excess weight as protection. You have to learn to honor your body’s cues and respect your body and your need for food. You need to learn what true nutrition is and how to provide that to yourself. Understand that excess weight is a a symptom that runs much deeper and will not evaporate just by cutting calories (as you see). It sounds like you would benefit from individual coaching from a holistic nutrition practitioner. My advice would be if someone gives you a food plan to stick to, they aren’t teaching you anything and therefore run!! And you should not be hungry ever!!
I don’t know your location but I may be able to recommend someone or you could find a practitioner and do virtual coaching.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 28 2019, 4:44 pm
By the sound of it you have just restricted more and more foods, so your body is not even able to lose weight. It will hold onto excess weight as protection. You have to learn to honor your body’s cues and respect your body and your need for food. You need to learn what true nutrition is and how to provide that to yourself. Understand that excess weight is a a symptom that runs much deeper and will not evaporate just by cutting calories (as you see). It sounds like you would benefit from individual coaching from a holistic nutrition practitioner. My advice would be if someone gives you a food plan to stick to, they aren’t teaching you anything and therefore run!! And you should not be hungry ever!!
I don’t know your location but I may be able to recommend someone or you could find a practitioner and do virtual coaching.

I’m in S.FL.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise