Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Should Imamother switch to one heart button?
1  2  3  Next

Should there be one "heart" button instead of "hug" and "like"?
Yes, one heart button  
 23%  [ 26 ]
No, keep the current system  
 53%  [ 60 ]
No, just get rid of "hug"  
 10%  [ 12 ]
No, one button, but not "heart"  
 1%  [ 2 ]
Other (explain in comments)  
 10%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 112

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 10:57 am
Unfortunately, the hug button has long been misused on this site. I believe it was originally created to solve the problem with having just a like button, which is that "liking" a sad post makes it sound as though you're "liking" the person's suffering. What if instead, there was one heart button that replaces both the hug and the like and could mean either one or both?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:03 am
I actually think there should be a third button (don’t know what icon to use) that means “disagree” . A like should be used for liking what a person says. A disagree should be used when you disagree with the point of view and a heart to provide a true hug.
But I’ve mentioned this in the past already.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Unfortunately, the hug button has long been misused on this site. I believe it was originally created to solve the problem with having just a like button, which is that "liking" a sad post makes it sound as though you're "liking" the person's suffering. What if instead, there was one heart button that replaces both the hug and the like and could mean either one or both?

Sometimes I feel sorry for the person but I do not LIKE what they are saying.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:43 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I actually think there should be a third button (don’t know what icon to use) that means “disagree” . A like should be used for liking what a person says. A disagree should be used when you disagree with the point of view and a heart to provide a true hug.

Thumbs up and thumbs down, like youtube.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 11:43 am
I think people overthink this.

MommyM

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:13 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

And an "LOL" button

agreer

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:35 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

I voted other and totally agree with this...

A thumbs-down would be good.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:39 pm
I think thumbs down is not a good idea. It's too likely to hurt someone and the risk of ona'as devarim is not one that Yael should take. Nor any of us. Better to say, I disagree and exactly why.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:44 pm
Wait- where's the heart button now? I use it to like people's post and I was just going to like someone's post and it wasn't there.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 12:49 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

Yes, this.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 1:05 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Wait- where's the heart button now? I use it to like people's post and I was just going to like someone's post and it wasn't there.

It's not in every forum.
Hugs! Wink

SuperWify

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 3:06 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

Lol I was just coming here to post that! A dislike button is very much in need here!

Frumwithallergies

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 3:11 pm
Perhaps 'dislike' is too strong. What about a 'disagree' or 'respectfully disagree' button?

groovy1224

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 3:35 pm
I don't mind the hug option, but I think you should be able to see who hugged you, like how you can see who liked your post on FB. I feel like then people would think twice about hugging sarcastically.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 4:50 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
I don't mind the hug option, but I think you should be able to see who hugged you, like how you can see who liked your post on FB. I feel like then people would think twice about hugging sarcastically.

I may have suggested this a while ago. You can do it similar to slack reactions. Another benefit would allow users to express exactly what they are thinking, not limited to hugs, likes and dislikes while keeping a clean interface.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 5:07 pm
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Perhaps 'dislike' is too strong. What about a 'disagree' or 'respectfully disagree' button?

I know! How about an "Imamother, you ignorant sl*t" button! *

*(If you don't get that you didn't watch enough SNL growing up. I can't help you.)

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 5:12 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I may have suggested this a while ago. You can do it similar to slack reactions. Another benefit would allow users to express exactly what they are thinking, not limited to hugs, likes and dislikes while keeping a clean interface.

I'm googling Slack reactions to figure this out.
All I can gather so far is that you might find the book Because Internet fascinating.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 5:29 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....56187

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 5:54 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

I also thought of that.
I’d make a thumbs down icon 👎
😊
But dunno if I’d enjoy seeing those, like 45 thumbs down on a post I worked hard to write! :-)

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 31 2019, 8:13 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

THIS. It would solve so many problems. I think it would be interesting if we could see how many likes a post had, vs. dislikes. Keep hugs pure and innocent, the way they were supposed to be.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics