Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What kinds of clubs would you sign your daughter up for?
Previous  1  2

flmommy

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 12:13 pm
Sewing, painting, choir, zumba, cupcake decorating, a fun exercise class, hairstyles/braids

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 12:16 pm
Can anyone give me an idea of what sounds reasonable to pay for clubs and how many hours on a Sunday?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 12:22 pm
a lot depends on how skilled you are and how specific the "club" is. Will it just give my dd some fun or will she actually learn a skill. How many kids will be in the club.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 12:24 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Honestly? None. Unless she expressed an extremely strong preference. I’m super not into clubs or extra curriculars.

Can I ask why?

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 12:45 pm
So interesting, I didn't realize this was such a big thing in Lakewood. My dd is currently doing gymnastics at a professional gym and she loves it. She has also done ice skating in the past. I would love a girls soccer league or martial arts group, but it doesn't exist where I live. She would also like to do art lessons, but it's pretty expensive in my city for some reason. I would also love for her to learn an instrument, but I guess that's more of a one on one thing.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 1:13 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
a lot depends on how skilled you are and how specific the "club" is. Will it just give my dd some fun or will she actually learn a skill. How many kids will be in the club.

I completely understand... I’m not doing it as an easy way to make money and provide a “babysitting” service. It’s about using my talents and creativity to make something girls want to do and will learn from. Tap into their natural talents

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 1:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I completely understand... I’m not doing it as an easy way to make money and provide a “babysitting” service. It’s about using my talents and creativity to make something girls want to do and will learn from. Tap into their natural talents

I believe clubs run by an adult and teaching a specific skill cost in the 175-250 range for 8 weeks. The ones run by young girls as a Sunday program type cost 60-80 for 10-12 weeks

Stars

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 1:33 pm
A cooking class would highly interest me. Cookie decorating is fun but mostly useless.
Photography, any form of art really.
Gymnastics, dance, sports for the more active ones.

Honestly it mostly depends on what interests the child, and if the class is professionally run, with lots of knowledge packed in. I wouldn't want to waste my money.

Do a trial run for one year (semester) for cheaper. That way you get your experience, see what works for you neighborhood, and you get your name out.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 06 2019, 1:56 pm
Thanks for the great ideas and feedback!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics