Home

Cleaning lady and laundry help

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


chocolatecake




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:45 am
How many hours of cleaning help do you have a week? Do you have her fold and put away laundry or just fold?

I used to have 3 hrs but just upped it to 6. She folds it and I put it away. I hate putting it away but not sure its worth training her what goes where cuz there will always be mistakes especially since my two girls are size 3 and 5.
Back to top

amother




Ruby


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:47 am
My friend had a brilliant idea - put each person's clothing in a separate laundry bag/basket, and wash them in individual loads. That way there is no sorting, which cuts down the time dramatically.
Back to top

Wife1




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:50 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
My friend had a brilliant idea - put each person's clothing in a separate laundry bag/basket, and wash them in individual loads. That way there is no sorting, which cuts down the time dramatically.


Then you are doing multiple loads for each family member? Sounds like a lot of work....
Back to top

amother




Ruby


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 11:51 am
I wash everything on cold or warm, I never sort whites or darks. (Well, sometimes I'll do a white load for DH and DS with oxiclean whitener, but usually it's good enough to wash everything together.)
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:01 pm
chocolatecake wrote:
How many hours of cleaning help do you have a week? Do you have her fold and put away laundry or just fold?

I used to have 3 hrs but just upped it to 6. She folds it and I put it away. I hate putting it away but not sure its worth training her what goes where cuz there will always be mistakes especially since my two girls are size 3 and 5.

I use stick on name labels, each kid has a different color (and name) so it make things simpler to sort.
Back to top

allthingsblue




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:21 pm
I wash each kid's laundry separately. (It ends up being a full load for each kid.)
Back to top

creditcards




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Nov 03 2019, 1:29 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I wash everything on cold or warm, I never sort whites or darks. (Well, sometimes I'll do a white load for DH and DS with oxiclean whitener, but usually it's good enough to wash everything together.)


I do the same. I thought I'm the only one.
After Its washed and I have a cleaning lady I sort it for her before she folds it and take the basket next to the closet where its supposed to go. And I tell her this whole basket fold and put into this closet. If I don't have a cleaning lady like now. It either stays on my extra bed till we wear it or I try to fold but never get around to finish everything.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Finding students who need help reading 17 Yesterday at 12:48 pm View last post
P'tcha/Galla Help 17 Yesterday at 11:43 am View last post
by mfb
Root canal help please
by amother
11 Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:51 pm View last post
Where can I find a good cleaning lady?
by amother
3 Thu, Jan 16 2020, 2:44 pm View last post
Medicaid insurance help
by amother
10 Thu, Jan 16 2020, 11:58 am View last post

Jump to: