Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Hafrashas Challah

amother

Post Mon, Jan 07 2008, 6:08 pm
Because I never have time to sit down and read, I just read the Binah magazine from last succos.
I read amazing articles about the way we should do Hafrashas Challah. Really, it made me cry.
But when I make challah it seems so much different!
I make my challah on a Tuesday or a Wednesday and I definately don't cry and say tefilos. Could someone explain to me when you're suposed to add in your tefilos and when to say tehilim, and when to say the yehi ratzon, etc?
I'ave only taken hafrashaas challah once in my life and it turned out nothing like how the "Challah Maven" has turned it into. Some help?

Squash

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 9:13 am
Hafroshas challa is one of my favorite mitzvos!! It is such a special time to daven. I do it once the kids left for school and my baby is napping so I have peace and quiet and can concentrate on the tefilos.

re: how the challos come out- don't beat yourself up. I used to hate it too. it was so much effort for results that were not great, to put it mildly. but with experience and picking up tips from here and there, the challos started coming out yummy and it's not such a major hassle anymore. I actually really look forward to it now.

I have a few tefilos that I say right after I make the brocha and am mafrish the challa.

if you pm me I will gladly send you my recipe and try to scan in the tefilos (one is the tefilas hashla that I also say by hadlokas neiros) when I get back bli neder (next week).

willow

Post Tue, Jan 08 2008, 10:55 am
It is one of my favorite Mitzvos too!! B'H I am able to do it almost every week. I always just Daven from my heart and say tehillim. I used to say all these printed techinos (spl?)but with my daughter pulling my skirt and dragging up a chair to "punch" I stick to from the from my heart prayers.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 5:38 pm
If you bought pre made dough, do you hae to take Hafrashas Challah?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 8:58 pm
RivkiA wrote:
If you bought pre made dough, do you hae to take Hafrashas Challah?

check the pkge and call your rov. someone should.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 9:08 pm
thanx
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics