Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Listen to doctors talk in Connecticut Legistlation
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 10:09 pm
presenting information in regards to mandating vaccines there.
http://ct-n.com/ctnplayer.asp?.....M134g

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 10:56 pm
This was very informative. Thankyou for posting.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Nov 23 2019, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 11:26 pm
Thank you so much for posting this! I am just floored that the woman responding how she has been involved in pro vaccine outreach said she is funded in part by gerber, Pepsi and "vaccine manufacturers!!!!".

daagahminayin

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 11:57 pm
Very informative, thank you for posting.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:02 am
Why didn't/doesn't NY do something like this?

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:15 am
And as I listened more to the end, what is the reference to the "bullying" and intimidation the legislators are experiencing? Which side is it coming from? What are they being threatened with? Anyone know?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:50 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
And as I listened more to the end, what is the reference to the "bullying" and intimidation the legislators are experiencing? Which side is it coming from? What are they being threatened with? Anyone know?

From CDC, State Health Commissioner, etc.

A NY assemblymember said in public that he had the NY State Health commissioner come into his office and tell him that he must vote for the bill that removes religious exemptions because of the measles outbreak. He further admitted that they had no plan for dealing with all the families affected by the passage of this bill.

I would imagine such intimidation is enough for some, but many legistlators also get campagin funding from pharma-related companies, so that's also a factor.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 12:52 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Thank you so much for posting this! I am just floored that the woman responding how she has been involved in pro vaccine outreach said she is funded in part by gerber, Pepsi and "vaccine manufacturers!!!!".

Yeah, duh!

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 1:34 am
I didn't have a chance to listen to all of them yet but Palvelsky's practice is "holistic" and some of the approaches that he uses are considered quackery by mainstream medicine.
CT also only had a few cases of measles so they were not heavily affected by the measles outbreak where infants in NY were infected by non-vaccinated neighbors.
The first speaker was impressive in that he left room for the science to advance and address issues while granting the right to doctors to evaluate individual risk rather than considering it universally safe and effective.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 1:47 am
southernbubby wrote:
I didn't have a chance to listen to all of them yet but Palvelsky's practice is "holistic" and some of the approaches that he uses are considered quackery by mainstream medicine.
CT also only had a few cases of measles so they were not heavily affected by the measles outbreak where infants in NY were infected by non-vaccinated neighbors.
The first speaker was impressive in that he left room for the science to advance and address issues while granting the right to doctors to evaluate individual risk rather than considering it universally safe and effective.

Do you know the definition of holistic? Is that a bad thing or maybe it would be a good idea for all doctors to treat their patients with the approach that each part of the body is interconnected with the other? And based on that, suggest a sustainable health plan rather than giving a med that heals one thing but causes a different problem?

Also, in a normal world, laws are passed after deliberating and debating the pros and cons, the benefits and the ramifications it might have. It is not rammed through both houses and signed by the governor in one day because of 1200 measles cases.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 1:53 am
southernbubby wrote:

Why does it matter? He doesn't talk about any of that in his speech. He explains the science.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why does it matter? He doesn't talk about any of that in his speech. He explains the science.

Totally
I've heard him speak on vaccines.
He asks valid questions and provides science

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 3:08 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

"There are forces beyond our control" sounds ominous...

blessedjmom

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:46 am
That was so informative on both ends.
Thanks for sharing.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:21 am
blessedjmom wrote:
That was so informative on both ends.
Thanks for sharing.

...and, I will add, respectful.

Until the end where Steinberg closes with this: " We must all learn to listen but am skeptical that parents are able to make these decisions when we legislators have a hard time........" So arrogant!

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:43 am
southernbubby wrote:

You mean infants were affected cuz their mothers MMR immunity waned. Yeah. It was pretty sad. They promised us protections and they failed. Now when I carry a baby I need to worry about measles. So so sad. My children had measles and I am happy they won't have this issue iyh
Blaming the anti vaxxers for a failed product? Remember when Hitler blamed a certain sect of humanity of all their problems and was able to indoctrinate an entire civilized German nation. Sounds familiar

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:54 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Do you know the definition of holistic? Is that a bad thing or maybe it would be a good idea for all doctors to treat their patients with the approach that each part of the body is interconnected with the other? And based on that, suggest a sustainable health plan rather than giving a med that heals one thing but causes a different problem?

Also, in a normal world, laws are passed after deliberating and debating the pros and cons, the benefits and the ramifications it might have. It is not rammed through both houses and signed by the governor in one day because of 1200 measles cases.

I'm not really following this. I will say that I know of a holistic MD and yes, I would put the holistic in scare quotes because in at least one area, and one he's supposed to be a mumche in, the book on the subject I read was not so impressive. Maybe that's the case here, maybe not.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

He stated that a vaccinated person who doesn't develop measles can still spread it. This is true of some VPDs but never saw it for measles. The first two speakers gave the representatives printouts with sources. Did Pavelsky? Where is the passive transmission of measles proven anywhere?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:02 am
southernbubby wrote:

I hear you however these are people in the business regardless with scientific and medical education of a very high caliber. While quackery does exsist, I do not check snopes to see if someone in the field is called a quack by his political opposition, I don't consider that a sound source of information or concluding. It should be that if one does listen pro and anti VAX should cease to exsist.

In general I feel There is legitimate science to both sides neither of which should exsist, Its not a coin flip or a baseball team. This is the quality of life of our people and the future, our wellbeing should be foremost. You cannot be pro or anti without listening to scientific experts with opposing sets of conclusions and evaluating critically. If you do, you'd probably see all the gray between the black & white and see why extremism is NOT GOOD. It convolutes the betterment of our futures. I pray that there are those who will remain anti extremism and with the ability to be independent critical thinkers.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:03 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
You mean infants were affected cuz their mothers MMR immunity waned. Yeah. It was pretty sad. They promised us protections and they failed. Now when I carry a baby I need to worry about measles. So so sad. My children had measles and I am happy they won't have this issue iyh
Blaming the anti vaxxers for a failed product? Remember when Hitler blamed a certain sect of humanity of all their problems and was able to indoctrinate an entire civilized German nation. Sounds familiar

Even women who had measles only pass the immunity to the infant for 6 months. Is measles a failed product? Measles is more dangerous under age 2. Look at what is happening in the Congo and Samoa
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics