Home

Im feeling lost and shaken

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:38 pm
Somehow I found out that my 15 year old has a smart phone, he locks himself a lot in his bedroom . Hes withiut a yashiva , hes begging to go back to a very frum yashiva. How does this add up or go together??!! How can I approach him eith this??

thunderstorm

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:43 pm
There is something called a J phone which is a “kosher” smartphone. It doesn’t have access to Internet besides for some apps that are Kosher like , Waze, Torah anytime, Jewish music stream etc.
Did you check, maybe he got himself such a phone ? That’s what my son got himself when he bought himself a phone without our knowledge. I was happy to know he made such a choice.

amother

OP

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:56 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
There is something called a J phone which is a “kosher” smartphone. It doesn’t have access to Internet besides for some apps that are Kosher like , Waze, Torah anytime, Jewish music stream etc.
Did you check, maybe he got himself such a phone ? That’s what my son got himself when he bought himself a phone without our knowledge. I was happy to know he made such a choice.

Do u know what options it has? Like utube , whatsapp??

amother

Cerise

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Somehow I found out that my 15 year old has a smart phone, he locks himself a lot in his bedroom . Hes withiut a yashiva , hes begging to go back to a very frum yashiva. How does this add up or go together??!! How can I approach him eith this??

Unfortunately, it goes very well. He is aware that he is slipping down a slippery slope, and knows he needs help to stop it.

Why is he out of yeshiva? Is it because of the phone?

thegiver

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:11 pm
Can u just get rid of the lock on his door?

thunderstorm

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do u know what options it has? Like utube , whatsapp??

No it doesn’t have either of these options. Only access to a few Jewish apps and some games. There is no other internet access otherwise and no video either. It’s disabled.

Cheiny

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:07 pm
thegiver wrote:
Can u just get rid of the lock on his door?

This isn’t a solution, he will just use it on the outside. I’d say consult with a rov and therapist about how best to handle this delicate situation. Hatzlacha.

dancingqueen

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:13 pm
Why isn’t he in school?

amother

OP

Post  Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:10 pm
Thanks everyone for answering my concern. Bh it was taken care of and bh its not as bad as I thought . Thank goodness!
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h