Home

Permit in NY

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

redstrawberry

Post  Mon, Dec 02 2019, 5:02 pm
Hi, I was wondering what the process is for getting a permit. Is it the same reading material as the actual driver's license test? Or is it less and then there's more?

1ofbillions

Post  Mon, Dec 02 2019, 5:33 pm
There isn’t any reading material for the driving test that I am aware of. You just need to demonstrate certain skills, like driving under the speed limit, parallel parking and K turns etc.

The reading material for the permit test is this: https://dmv.ny.gov/brochure/mv21.pdf

The part you’ll be tested on for the permit test starts on page 28.

The permit test is really very easy. Nothing to worry about. It’s multiple choice with mostly obvious questions. You can take practice tests online.

redstrawberry

Post  Mon, Dec 02 2019, 9:00 pm
1ofbillions wrote:
There isn’t any reading material for the driving test that I am aware of. You just need to demonstrate certain skills, like driving under the speed limit, parallel parking and K turns etc.

The reading material for the permit test is this: https://dmv.ny.gov/brochure/mv21.pdf

The permit test is really very easy. Nothing to worry about. It’s multiple choice with mostly obvious questions. You can take practice tests online.

Ok so basically its less material for permit?
I found an online practice test and was really easy. Wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything.

redstrawberry

Post  Mon, Dec 02 2019, 9:01 pm
1ofbillions wrote:

Page 28 until the end?

tilot37354

Post  Mon, Dec 02 2019, 9:43 pm
Very simple test. I don't remember anybody having an issue with it. Make sure to memorize the alcohol section. The rest is pretty intuitive.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h