Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Dif name same game

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 7:00 pm
what is it with you people who think watching shows on line is any different from a tv ... it is all the same ... so stop pretending !!! shock Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

Lilkingdom

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 7:03 pm
Thumbs Up

Good Point!

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 7:10 pm
True but there are some differences. I don't necessarily want a TV in the house. If I had one I know (from experience) I'd be watching all day. One show leads to the next. Another reason I don't want one is bc I don't want to end up using it as a babysitter for my son and I don't either want him growing up watching whatever and whenever he wants. When we watch online it's here and there. It's also really annoying finding links that work for the episode you want and it takes time to download...also annoying.

I don't have a problem watching tv. I have a problem with getting addicted to it.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 11 2008, 3:18 pm
I just want to be clear that firstly this is NOT directed toward anyone specifically - just in general ...

and duly noted that I do watch tv ...

justanothermother

Post Fri, Jan 11 2008, 3:22 pm
In my case, DH does not want a TV in the house but does not mind me watching. If it was in the house it would be too tempting for him.

MahPitom

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 8:36 pm
And all movies were once in theatres… the point of not having a TV in the home has little to do with what we watch today. Among other points, some prominent ones are : Free unlimited access to news, shows, and secular influences with the flick of a switch.

On the other hand, by renting a movie, or browsing to an online source, you are willingly hand picking what it is you want. I’m endorsing it, I’m just explaining the major difference.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics