Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Why am I not losing weight? :(

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 12:57 am
For the last 2-3 weeks, I've been eating 1200 calories a day and exercising. I haven't eaten junk but balanced healthy carbs, proteins etc. I have not eaten out and have really made myself healthy meals.

I know weight loss isn't instant and it is about a lifestyle change. But I want to say forget it, just eat cookies and chocolate because I've been doing so well and the scale hasn't budged. I look and feel just as fat if not even more.

I know I need to keep this up because it is about feeling and looking good long term. Please, please share success stories and support.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:10 am
You may be eating too little.

Odelyah

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:39 am
are you sure you are really eating 1200 cals? how are you measuring your food?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For the last 2-3 weeks, I've been eating 1200 calories a day and exercising. I haven't eaten junk but balanced healthy carbs, proteins etc. I have not eaten out and have really made myself healthy meals.

I know weight loss isn't instant and it is about a lifestyle change. But I want to say forget it, just eat cookies and chocolate because I've been doing so well and the scale hasn't budged. I look and feel just as fat if not even more.

I know I need to keep this up because it is about feeling and looking good long term. Please, please share success stories and support.

Get MyFitnessApp on your phone and be honest with it. Don’t estimate a tablespoon of oil that went into sautéing some veggies - measure it because it’s probably more like two. Or three.

I had to lose some weight and it would leave, and when I was honest about what calories I was eating, and put it into the app, I was pretty starving most of the time. But I lost the weight. And I refused to look at a scale until a month or so at a time.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:04 am
Counting calories never works for me.
Maybe try eating filling, healthy, low carb meals and lots of fruit. And do cardio more than toning exercises.
And are you on hormonal BC? Are you nursing ? Are you sleeping enough?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 3:11 am
check your thyroids.
& maybe eating too little. if you can afford, go to nutritionist

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 3:18 am
For many, exercise and calorie counting won't budge the scale (BTDT). I only lose with very low carb, good quality proteins and lots of healthy fats and no cheating but when I do it right, the weight slides off. The exercise is good for the heart but affects my weight loss very little without the dieting part which must be 90% of the weight loss.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:51 am
It's possible that you are eating too little, so your body is trying to save the fat it has. It's also possible that you are not eating as healthy as you think you are - many people are incorrect about their idea of "healthy". Low carb (and thegrain-based carbs you have should be whole grains,) high healthy protein, and high healthy fat is the the way to go. The kind of exercise you do also makes a difference - you don't mention what you are doing. I lost 15 lbs. last spring just because I started walking an hour home from work 4 days a week.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My weight wasn't moving.
I had to make the following changes.
No diet drinks (the splenda kept back the weight loss. I only have minimal amount now in my morning coffee)
8-10 cups a day. It sabatoges my weight loss if I don't hydrate with a lot of water only.
3 fruits a day on top of the 1200 cal. I needed the extra fiber.
Whole wheat grains for fiber.
Vegetables at every meal with a drizzle of oil. The vegetables to go get absorbed without the oil and I need the vegetables for fiber.
Treadmill 15 minutes a day. When I stop, the weight loss stops. It's just a bit but it keeps things moving in terms of metabolism.
BH I am now losing.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:22 am
Could be unrelated to food. Cortisol (stress) causes ppl to maintain weight regardless of what you are eating.

Could be medical, like thyroid or metabolic issue.

Could be environmental, like sensitivity to processed food (even a low sugar granola bar), or mold exposire.

Could be your body is insulin sensitive, meaning you need to be extra careful with carb intake.

Could be you are predisposed to be a certain size and your ideal weight is unrealistic.

Many possibilities.

debbie321

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 8:28 am
I find when U lose weight, for the first week or 2 the scale doesnt change, might even be nore( my nutritionist confirmed that this happens) which is water weight and bloating. But dont go on the scale every day. By the end of the sexond week, you might see the scale change

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:04 am
I got this advice from a doctor when my weight loss stalled and I was doing all possible.

1. Eat breakfast within 1/2 hour of waking up. It jump starts your metabolism.
2. Plan your meals and snack. I have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner
3. Separate your meals like this. Eat your protein first, then your veggies and then your carbs. Chew each bite slowly. Protein fills you up and it’s good for you and you end up eating less carbs.
4. Exercise. In particular HIIT exercise is very good for fat burning as your heart rate keeps increasing and decreasing.

Hatzlacha!

bruriyah

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 9:57 am
2-3 weeks is too soon to see significant weight loss, even if you are doing everything right. Keep up what you are doing a d give yourself time-months-to see change.

Don’t get discouraged.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:33 am
I’ll just mirror what other said: you could be insulin resistant. Weight loss is about hormones, not calories. Depending on how long your body has had these extra pounds, it may not want to rid you of them so fast. It sounds as though you are struggling not because of the scale but because you find this way of eating hard for you. I found that lowering carbs, upping fat and eating to satiety ( which takes practice and some chemical changes in your body) have made it possible to lose eight long term and not regain what ice list. No, it’s not falling off me anymore but I have 100 pounds in sight and 80 of it I’ve kept off for almost two years. This is a marathon, not a sprint so make sure you find a plan that keeps you physically comfortable to the point where you want to eat that way all the time regardless of weight. Then be consistent.

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 11:46 am
you are absolutely eating too little
your caloric intake is close to clinical starvation and your body is biologically programmed to hold onto your weight, plus it will create a bunch of side effects
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.....iment
please go see a nutritionist and get a proper eating plan

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:54 pm
Did you go off bloodwork? Sometimes diets work best based on your bloodwork- if you are insulin resistant (higher sugar) you may not be able to lose u til you cut out all sweeteners and lower fruit etc
Hatzlocha

miami85

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:13 pm
I find that our bodies are too smart and if you are not eating the right foods and getting your metabolism just right it backfires and then keeps storing weight. That's why Keto diets have been popular b/c they trick your body into metabolizing the stored fat. That's also why I personally have found that the Trim you spray diet is the most effective for me b/c it keeps my body on the edge of starvation while maximizing the fat burning from within. I've done almost everything else and its the only diet that works for me.

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Dec 11 2019, 2:14 pm
miami85 wrote:
it keeps my body on the edge of starvation

Crying
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise