Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
What to choose first when putting in a new kitchen?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:42 am
Which decisions have to be made, in the right order, when putting in a new kitchen?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:48 am
The layout and plan for what's wanted in each space, before looking at any material choices.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 1:30 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The layout and plan for what's wanted in each space, before looking at any material choices.

Ill take any recommendations for kitchen designers.

bouncy

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 1:35 pm
plan! and plan well-
think about appliances, what is important to you.
I wish I would have planned my pantry better. look online, there are great ideas!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 2:17 pm
bouncy wrote:
plan! and plan well-
think about appliances, what is important to you.
I wish I would have planned my pantry better. look online, there are great ideas!

Im willing to pay for a decent kitchen designer in BP if anyone can recommend.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 2:50 pm
Rachel Gross

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 2:59 pm
Brontzi schwartz. Very practical.

I changed my plans 100x until I was comfortable with it. I kept sleeping on it and thinking of I can see myself working in a kitchen like that...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:48 pm
Thanks for both recommendations.

For layout it doesnt matter, but for decor help, I want to mention that my taste runs to traditional or at most transitional, and I love granite even though decorators say its out of style.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 6:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for both recommendations.

For layout it doesnt matter, but for decor help, I want to mention that my taste runs to traditional or at most transitional, and I love granite even though decorators say its out of style.

I got a grey granite even though my contractor was against it and it wanted me to take quartz
I love my granite.
Looks something like this
https://m.alibaba.com/product/......html

You need to go and pick your slab

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:15 pm
Try kitchen connections they are supposed to be the best for layouts

tweety1

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:17 pm
ra_mom wrote:

This! A layout can make you love or hate your kitchen. Material choices is the last on the list. After layout comes appliances. Handyman needs to know whether your installing a gas or electric oven and do the plumbing accordingly.

spring chick

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:24 pm
The floorplan is prob most important. Then your choice of appliances and style of your kitchen

I’d have to recommend BenZion of Kitchen Connections In Boro Park. He’s excellent with space planning and kitchen design.
Added benefit is that there is a big showroom with many options to see

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:34 pm
spring chick wrote:
The floorplan is prob most important. Then your choice of appliances and style of your kitchen

I’d have to recommend BenZion of Kitchen Connections In Boro Park. He’s excellent with space planning and kitchen design.
Added benefit is that there is a big showroom with many options to see

How does the quality, prices and customer service that BenZion of Kitchen Connections offers, compare to Mr Hershkowitz of Exquisite?

spring chick

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:40 pm
IMHO BenZion is more knowledgeable in the kitchen design/remodeling field. He has excellent customer service and will always return your calls. Even after the kitchen is installed and paid for

In my case he was priced significantly better.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 7:43 pm
spring chick wrote:
IMHO BenZion is more knowledgeable in the kitchen design/remodeling field. He has excellent customer service and will always return your calls. Even after the kitchen is installed and paid for

In my case he was priced significantly better.

Do others agree that Benzion of Kitchen Connections has advantages over Mr Hershkowitz of Exquisite?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do others agree that Benzion of Kitchen Connections has advantages over Mr Hershkowitz of Exquisite?

DH is a builder. His opinion is Rachel Gross is the best. The kitchen she she designed is stunning and Houzz worthy.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How does the quality, prices and customer service that BenZion of Kitchen Connections offers, compare to Mr Hershkowitz of Exquisite?

Mr. Hershkowitz is great if you rely totally 100% him. If you go to him with even slightly knowing what you want you won't get along. He needs you to trust him 1000% with closed eyes. My sister and I both went to him for a sort of "consultation" and we dropped him. My sister didn't know what she wants but knew exactly what she doesn't want, and I did have a basic idea. My sister left him on her own and me he told flat out to look for somebody else.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 9:53 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Mr. Hershkowitz is great if you rely totally 100% him. If you go to him with even slightly knowing what you want you won't get along. He needs you to trust him 1000% with closed eyes. My sister and I both went to him for a sort of "consultation" and we dropped him. My sister didn't know what she wants but knew exactly what she doesn't want, and I did have a basic idea. My sister left him on her own and me he told flat out to look for somebody else.

Who did both your and your sister's kitchen, and are you both happy?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:00 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
DH is a builder. His opinion is Rachel Gross is the best. The kitchen she she designed is stunning and Houzz worthy.

I think both Rachel Gross and Chaya Friedman are Monsey people, both probably more used to doing huge Monsey kitchens.

Im in Brooklyn and Id prefer working with someone in Brooklyn, and my kitchen is smallish.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 15 2019, 10:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who did both your and your sister's kitchen, and are you both happy?

We are both happy. We went to different places for technical reasons. I'd rather not say cuz many ppl know us, we were also very busy asking and questioning everybody. I'm scared to "out" myself by giving too many details. I did Formica and my sister did some kind of different material don't know what it's called.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics