Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Why can’t I lose a silly 5 pounds???
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:04 am
I’m not overweight I weigh 125 but I’m trying to lose 4-5 pounds and it’s not budging!!!! I literally don’t eat anything!!! A yogurt for breakfast, salad for lunch and a reg supper... what else can I try?? Oh and I walk 50 min a day!

caveat emptor

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:12 am
Maybe you're not meant to lose those 4-5 pounds? How tall are you?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:14 am
5.3-5.4

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m not overweight I weigh 125 but I’m trying to lose 4-5 pounds and it’s not budging!!!! I literally don’t eat anything!!! A yogurt for breakfast, salad for lunch and a reg supper... what else can I try?? Oh and I walk 50 min a day!

Drop dairy and replace regular supper with zero carb supper. (Or try literally not eating anything).

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:17 am
Then you're at a perfectly normal and healthy weight. No reason to lose it. It might be your body's way of saying that this is what it needs to be healthy.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Feb 01 2020, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:17 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 20 2020, 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

lcraighten

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:18 am
You might need to up the intensity of your workout.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 8:20 am
imanonymous wrote:
Is that a joke???

Yes. Read her OP.

pause

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:50 am
Eat more and spread out. You're starving yourself until supper and once your body is in starvation mode, it holds onto every last calorie, so that your supper is not being metabolized as fast.

What time of day do you do your walking?

I would suggest a slightly bigger breakfast or brunch and to time your walking to end about 15 minutes before a meal.

Pamela

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 9:56 am
Honey, the reason you are not loosing weight is either :
1- This is your body’s comfortable weight. Trust your body, it’s trying to keep you alive
2- You are starving yourself. No reason to eat less than a toddler. Your body is in starvation mode, thus holding on to every measly calorie because it wants to keep you alive.
See # 1& 2 again

SuperWify

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 10:16 am
I’m co fused. Why do you need to loose it?

ectomorph

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 10:23 am
You don't need to lose that weight.

malki2

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 11:19 am
1. As the others said, your body is in starvation mode. That also means that as soon as you eat anything extra, like on Shabbos, for example, you will gain the weight right back anyways. You should be eating more.
2. If you are concerned about “slimming out,” you can do resistance training (weights, machines) which will build muscle mass which will metabolize more calories. You will not lose weight, though. You will just slim out. Especially if you are not doing it presently, this should be pretty effective at the outset and achieve the equivalent of getting rid of the 5 pounds.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 12:39 pm
You’re not loosing because your body can’t afford to loose anything without making you anorexic.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 12:47 pm
IMNSHO- switch - have a big breakfast and lunch and a much lighter dinner.
Also, try intermittent fasting, fast for 16 hrs. and eat in an 8hr window

BTW- how tall are you?

Pamela

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 1:18 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
IMNSHO- switch - have a big breakfast and lunch and a much lighter dinner.
Also, try intermittent fasting, fast for 16 hrs. and eat in an 8hr window

BTW- how tall are you?

This post should have a trigger warning. Please don’t feed into negative body image/ diet culture.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Dec 20 2019, 2:22 pm
Pamela wrote:
This post should have a trigger warning. Please don’t feed into negative body image/ diet culture.

This whole thread should. Needing to lose weight at 125 pounds.., I mean seriously?

livinginflatbus

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 7:08 pm
125 at that height is quite thin . I’m sure you look beautiful and don’t need to lose anything at all.

Last edited by livinginflatbus on Sat, Dec 21 2019, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 7:18 pm
I had trouble losing weight at one point and went to a nutritionist. She said, I don't know why you're not losing weight but healthwise you should definitely be eating more! I heeded her advice and eventually the weight came off - and stayed off!! Sometimes the trick is not to eat less but to eat more...to keep the metabolism going and not send the body into starvation mode. In addition, I'm not a big believer in walking for exercise. Intense 20 minute workout will give you way more.

(I'm also meshuga about those last 5 pounds.)

livinginflatbus

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 7:19 pm
Steady walking definitely is effective and easy to maintain though. Not eveyone is able to go to the gym .
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise