Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Kudos to those with beautiful hair

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 11:30 pm
Kind of spinoff to sheitel thread because it reminded me of this...I went to visit a friend, not long ago, and she uncovered her hair while I was with her-it was the first time I actually saw her hair ...Anyways, her sheitels are always really, really stunning gorgeous and I have honestly judged her a bit at times because I wouldn't wear such length and type sheitels (I'm sorry no tomatoes) but when I saw her hair recently I immediately withdrew my judgements and felt such a strong admiration towards her. And I felt so bad for ever judging her. Her hair is one thousand times nicer then her stunning sheitel, no exaggeration. I didn't even know such beautiful hair existed after being covered...(my hair & other's I've seen ruined soon after covering) It must be so hard for her to cover and I just feel like wow, because for me who has not such nice hair (to put it mildly) it is hard for me to cover at times, so what about for her. I really admire her and others like her...Just felt like sharing..oh and if anyone has any tips for me to improve my natural hair ( I would die for her hair lol) plz post below - but I think it's my genetics to have bad hair-runs in my family so whatevs

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Dec 29 2019, 11:55 pm
I had beautiful hair.
It was terribly difficult for me to cover. For a week after marriage I actually walked around my apt without anything on (that would be like me wearing pants outside). It was honestly traumatic and a new identity.
Eventually I put on a tichel indoors lol. And yes I had a long beautiful wig. And no it was not as gorgeous as my natural hair.
5 years later I'm over it (by making my hair as ugly as possible). But yeah don't judge the struggle.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 1:43 am
My hair is very beautiful and I was single for a long time so I got very very used to it. I am MO and I never cover in my home so even after a few years of marriage my hair is still very beautiful and healthy. Literally every morning when I put a covering on, shaitel, tichel, hat, whatever, its difficult for me. Yes, every once in a while I have a bad hair day but even when I was single I would throw on a baseball cap on those days.
Head covering is a hard mitzvah!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Dec 30 2019, 3:13 am
Thank you! It honestly is really hard. There are days I don’t leave the house because my hair looks good and I can’t stand to cover it. One thing that makes it easier is knowing that my husband appreciates both my hair and that I am careful with the tznius aspect.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics