Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Toys for a 5yr old

curlyhead

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 1:25 am
I need toy ideas. My 5 year old has out grown the toys we have. He enjoys crafts(coloring, etch n schetch, cutting and pasting) and games such as uno and candyland. I need some ideas of things that he could do without me. He used to like building but now he has out grown all the building toys that we jabe. He is not big on pretend play - such as fisher prices little people sets. Any ideas?

justanothermother

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 3:05 am
My 5yo loves building sets with smaller pieces, such as lego sets and k'nex. He also loves his train set that he can configure in many ways. He can sit for an hour with some construction paper, glue, and a set of cool scissors (I don't know what they are called but I got them in the scrapbook section-there are 12 designs of cutting edges.)

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 7:00 am
I recently bought my sons some playmobil stuff. and They LOVE it and can play for a few hours with it. Its a bit expensive but the boys love playing with it.

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 7:36 am
My dd is 4.5 and loves Perler beads- you put the beads on a pegboard then iron it so they melt together. know what I'm talking about?

curlyhead

Post Tue, Jan 15 2008, 10:31 pm
Whats playmobile?

Helani

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 4:03 am
My almost 5 year old dd loves pattern and shape learning games. Here is couple of examples.

http://www.educationaltoysplan......html
http://www.kaplanco.com/store/.....31522 (click on connecting camels pattern blocks)

There is also a toy that's a screwdriver and colorful screws and pattern cards and my 3 year old ds loves screwing them into the board provided (he can't really follow patterns yet). I saw it in a teachers store in BP, but I can get you the name later if you want it.

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 4:59 am
curlyhead wrote:
Whats playmobile?

google it. Its defintely sold in toysrus. It is more of pretend play but the peices are more intricate than the little people stuff. My sons were never really into thier little poeple but love playmobil.

timeout

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 7:09 pm
my son who is 6 1/2 still loves clicks every Shabbos he and my dd pull them out and can play for hours with this and legos trucks it becomes a jungle in my living room Smile

nana18

Post Wed, Jan 16 2008, 8:36 pm
my kids could sit for hours playing with playmobil. the pieces are very detailed and the have very interessting sets too. on the expensive side though. try the small legos too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers