Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Hi, I'm baby
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:06 am
Hi, I'm babyamother. Every night, between 11pm and 1am, I shriek and shriek until either my abba picks me up and puts me next to imma in her bed, or imma herself picks me up and takes me with her to bed.

Even if I was sleeping nicely and soundly until then, even if I nursed just prior and stuffed my tummy with solids, I will make sure to wake up between 11pm and 1am. This is important because now I get snuggles.

My abba believes that the combination of no bottles, nighttime snuggles, and breastfeeding on demand is what helped advance my development so much that I do everything earlier than my older siblings. My imma insists it's just genes.

My imma keeps saying (every night) that she needs me to sleep nicely in my own bed, but I don't want to. She even tried putting me in the older kids' room so that I wouldn't smell her. It worked for about 20 minutes and then I figured her out and started shrieking. That time she came really fast! She didn't want me waking anyone up.

I'm already 14 months old and I've been sleeping with my imma in her bed (and nursing 2-3 times while my imma sleeps) since I was maybe 6 weeks old. If she doesn't let me keep doing it I'll make sure she doesn't sleep at all, during the day or at night, for three whole weeks!

She doesn't know, but this is my super-special plan to make sure no siblings come along until I decide they're welcome. Meantime, I call on all members of Babies International to join me in their insistence on co-sleeping. You don't know what you're missing!

Signed,
BabyAmotherOP

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi, I'm babyamother. Every night, between 11pm and 1am, I shriek and shriek until either my abba picks me up and puts me next to imma in her bed, or imma herself picks me up and takes me with her to bed.

Even if I was sleeping nicely and soundly until then, even if I nursed just prior and stuffed my tummy with solids, I will make sure to wake up between 11pm and 1am. This is important because now I get snuggles.

My abba believes that the combination of no bottles, nighttime snuggles, and breastfeeding on demand is what helped advance my development so much that I do everything earlier than my older siblings. My imma insists it's just genes.

My imma keeps saying (every night) that she needs me to sleep nicely in my own bed, but I don't want to. She even tried putting me in the older kids' room so that I wouldn't smell her. It worked for about 20 minutes and then I figured her out and started shrieking. That time she came really fast! She didn't want me waking anyone up.

I'm already 14 months old and I've been sleeping with my imma in her bed (and nursing 2-3 times while my imma sleeps) since I was maybe 6 weeks old. If she doesn't let me keep doing it I'll make sure she doesn't sleep at all, during the day or at night, for three whole weeks!

She doesn't know, but this is my super-special plan to make sure no siblings come along until I decide they're welcome. Meantime, I call on all members of Babies International to join me in their insistence on co-sleeping. You don't know what you're missing!

Signed,
BabyAmotherOP

Rolling Laughter

I think urs tried getting thru to mine. Sometimes he gets thru sometimes not.....
And I agree its genes.
I nursed all 3 on demand. And my third baby is doing things crazg fast.... so genes.

Babyamotherop know, as long as s/he is baby, s/he rules the house. So better hold on tight!

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:17 am
LOL

chipmunks

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:22 am
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

cinnamon

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:27 am
Hi babyamother,
I'm toddleramother. I'll be three in less then a month. (Can't wait for my peyos and tzitzis)
Mommy stopped nursing me when I was about two years old and tried to get me to sleep in my bed. It worked for a little while but then I learnt how to climb out of bed on my own.
You know what? Snuggling with mommy is fun even without nursing!
And I go to her bed and climb in every single night. I don't really wake her up at all.
If she does wake up and trries to put me back in my own bed I shriek untill my big brothers and sisters wake up and complain.
Snuggling with mommy is so much fun!
I plan to keep it up at least till my bar mitzva.

Signed
Toddleramother that used to be just like op.

anonymrs

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:27 am
My baby is the same age and we are in the same boat. Just enjoy the snuggles (is what I keep telling myself!)

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:28 am
cinnamon wrote:
Hi babyamother,
I'm toddleramother. I'll be three in less then a month. (Can't wait for my peyos and tzitzis)
Mommy stopped nursing me when I was about two years old and tried to get me to sleep in my bed. It worked for a little while but then I learnt how to climb out of bed on my own.
And I go to her bed and climb in every single night. I don't really wake her up at all.
If she does wake up and trries to put me back in my own bed I shriek untill my big brothers and sisters wake up and complain.

Signed

Sounds like my toddler

keym

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:37 am
Hi babyamother and toddleramother, I'm preschoolamother. I'm already 5 years old and I go to yeshiva with a Rebbi and on a bus every day. Of course I know that really big boys (like my brothers who are almost bar mitzvah who go on the minyan bus) don't sleep in Mommy's bed. But I think they're silly boys who miss out on cuddle time and Mommy's really cozy bed. No matter how hard Mommy tries, she can't make my bed as comfortable as hers.
But I do try to be a big boy, so I don't come every night. Just like 5 nights a week, and when I had an interesting dream, and when I'm not feeling well.
For some reason, Mommy keeps saying I'm too big for this. She makes charts, but even though the prize is exciting, it never really keeps me out of her bed.
Mommy keeps saying that hopefully when I become bar mitzvah, I'll stop coming in because it will be too embarrassing.
But I don't think I'll ever be too embarrassed to come into Mommy's bed.

trixx

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:40 am
Op, if you want a solution that works, The Baby Whisperer Solves all your Problems will troubleshoot stopping night feeds (not at all necessary at 14 months) and stopping the habitual wakeup time.

finallyamommy

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:41 am
This is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!

Stars

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:44 am
You guys LOL
My preschooler could have written all of these

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 9:49 am
cinnamon wrote:
Hi babyamother,

Signed

Hi toddleramother! You sound like my kindred spirit! My Ima stopped nursing me when I was 9 months and I am almost 3 now and I still love to snuggle with her in the middle of the night. I love going to gan and I get really tired out there and usually go to sleep nicely between 7-8 pm but I just love coming into my Ima's bed at 1 AM. I even make her read me a story. We both love this so much!
Signed, toddleramother the 2nd

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 10:00 am
I did the same forever, and am still a snuggler, but now I am in Sem. in Israel and my mommy misses me so much. She is getting misty eyed thinking where has all the time and her little snuggler gone. It is not too far off until I, IYH, become a kallah. I hope I find a DH who likes to snuggle and doesn't have sensory issues. If someone else can look for a spouse who likes cilantro, I should be able to specify snuggling.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 10:08 am
Hi opbaby, I will have to report your post for being underage and also cuz me n my siblings all do the same in mommy or tattys bed & don’t want my mommy getting ideas on how to stop my cuddle time.

Mommy caters to every whim of me, she moves over till the edge of my (her??) bed & makes ‘platz’ on the piwow (aka pillow) As per my request. She even lets me use the nook of her neck/shoulder as a pillow when I fancy because I’m so cute and snuggly too, even if it gives her a stiff neck. She lets me spread out in the bed whichever which way I prefer and don’t care that her muscles get squashed. It’s a good workout for mommy that doesn’t get much exercise.
Lastly, I have my ‘homi’s on Demand and can nurse whenever I went.

Much ❤️,
Your toddler imababy fwend

Edited a spelling mistake. Us toddlers aren’t perfect yet

tweety1

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 10:26 am
Oh my, this is one good piece!!

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 10:45 am
you cracked me op! I also have a 14 month old who is very advanced, nursing and still doesn't sleep through the night!

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 12:02 pm
Love this. 14 month old also nurses all night long - I’m tired but I embrace this for now! Such a special time! And so grateful for healthy baby

Esheschayil18

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 12:23 pm
Op, very sweet written.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 12:57 pm
Hi babyamotherop!

You sound like a really smart baby figuring out how to get into your mothers bed every night. Therefore, I'd like to ask your advice on another important matter.

I really don't understand my mother when it comes to feeding me food. Maybe you can help me figure her out?

My mommy give me a spoon to hold during feeding time but doesn't put any food on it. Why would she do that? Then she doesn't like when I stick the spoon into my month instead of opening my mouth for her spoon. So I try to take her spoon, since she seems to want me to eat from that one instead, and she quickly pulls it away. I just dont get it.

Also, when some food spills on the tray, mommy runs to get a paper towel like its some emergency. I'm not sure why - I'm happy to help her by using my hands and eat it instead.

And here's something else I'm just dont understand. When I'm eating by myself and I'm done, to help mommy clean up my tray, I throw the extra food off the tray. Mommy doesn't seem to like it and I'm not sure why, I'm helping her.

And why does she keep trying to feed me the green jars if I always make it clear to her that I dont like them and spit it out every time? And that no, playing airplane with the spoon will not help with this one, no matter how far or high she makes it come from.

And does she really think I'm not going to figure out that there's some rice cereal under that applesauce???

Lastly and this is the most confusing of them all, why when I dump food in my hair does she sometimes run to get a camera and take pictures and sometimes she seems upset????

Can you help me make any sense of this? Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head

Thanks

confusedbaby

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 06 2020, 1:53 pm
Hi! It’s chunkymonkey ( I don’t know what it means but my mom calls me that sometimes when I grab her muffin or salad away from here when she finally sits down to enjoy it. Of course I make sure to get her skirt and hoodie dirty while I’m at it too. One can never have too much laundry.) I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one that grabs away phones from adults. Anyways, All this sounds very familiar to me. I was smart and fooled my mom the first few weeks. She thought she was finally rewarded with a good sleeper😂. At this point she claims I’m teething ( just a silly excuse) because I wake up every night like ten minutes before she’s ready to roll into bed and I stay awake for a few hours. She calls it my evening nap. She thinks that if the room is quiet and dark I’ll be silly enough to fall back asleep. She is so naive sometimes. I’m glad I found my support system here.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics