Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Dear Preschool Morah,
1  2  3  Next

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:21 am
You see my child come to school with shabbos shoes/ socks on a random Tuesday. You probably think that either her dad dressed her or her mom can’t find her little booties. Well...have you ever tried fighting with a toddler?? We don’t win! Speaking of booties...I’m sure you’re thinking to yourself that she can probably use a new pair by now. Here is an fyi- she has adorable little Uggs that she refuses to wear! It still has the tag on as proof. I know she came with a thin jacket today. Yes, as per siri it’s in the mid twenties. The thing is that it’s her favorite jacket because it’s pink. Her smart mama did try to hide it last night. But the smart little devil did find it this morning before we left the house. I have lots more to say but I have to run off to wash her sweatshirt with the gold star on it. I know she wore it already this week. But she will insist on wearing it again tomorrow. Thanks for understanding!

A mom of a strong willed toddler

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:24 am
This is seriously me.
And I get a note from the teacher : please make sure your daughter wears tights, her legs get really cold.
I TRIEDDDD

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:25 am
Lol!
My daughter is starting now with this shtick at 18 months! I didn’t have problems with my boys aside for items that were too tight, scratchy etc.
But today I went to put a dress on my daughter and she said loudly “No! No like it!” . I pointed to different things in her closet and she said “No! No! No!”. Then I pointed to a pair of black leggings and a top and she said “So pretty!”.
Gosh! I don’t know what I’m in for.

Maryann

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:30 am
Smile
these are my children!

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:33 am
This reminds me of my youngest brother who insisted on SLEEPING with a yellow plastic raincoat, winter boots, and gloves at the age of 3, because he was a “worker man”. No arguing, bribing or cajoling worked to get these clothing items off of him at bed time. It was a nightly fight.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:34 am
thunderstorm wrote:
This reminds me of my youngest brother who insisted on SLEEPING with a yellow plastic raincoat, winter boots, and gloves at the age of 3, because he was a “worker man”. No arguing, bribing or cajoling worked to get these clothing items off of him at bed time. It was a nightly fight.

😂 reminds me of the time my daughter insisted on sleeping in her gymnastics clothes...

simba

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 11:39 am
I have a brother who wore a 3 piece suit to school for a few months straight. That’s all he would wear. My mom washed it each night.

momX4

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:00 pm
I once send my 3 year old to playgroup wearing a shirt, tights and shoes. The skirt was in her backpack. He teacher thought it was adorable. She insisted in staying that way all day.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:00 pm
Dear preschool Morah. I know you know I am sick, but you don't know how my house is/isn't running. My husband does EVERYTHING! DD clothes are clean, always. He does the laundry . But her non matching tights, or coming in crocs instead of shoes, of her not so cutely done hair (yes its brushed after the bath every night) is because she doesnt have a mommy that can wake up with her. Her totty is mommy and totty now. He does a super job. But I cant drive him crazy about every detail. He is juggling it all, work (had to cut down on that) shopping. Childcare, laundry, carpool.
So my kids are happy and loved because totty fills in so much. I spend time with them from my bed or couch.
But no, sometimes they dont look put together.
This has been going on for months.Hopefully in a few weeks I will feel stronger and better. Then I will make dd cute braids, make sure her tights aren't too big and shleppy on her.
For now. Thank you for giving her a great time and all the love in your amazing preschool classroom. She really loves going. Dh even learned to write her mitzvah notes.

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:04 pm
LOL! I can sooo relate!!!!!!

I finally got my 3 yr old DD to wear dresses with leggings because she refused to wear dresses with tights. kids are just sooo embarrassing!

Last edited by jewishmom6 on Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:04 pm
My 4yo DS has worn the same shirt to school 10 straight days in a row!!! I wash it every night but I can't imagine what the teacher is thinking LOL

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:08 pm
One ds insisted on wearing a home made Uncle Moshe tshirt every day. I made 2 using undershirts. It was kind of funny. Every day he got dressed and put on this tshirt over his clothing.

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:08 pm
👏 👏 👏
Solidarity, Momma!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:24 pm
don't preschool morahs know this already? I really hope the teachers don't judge me...

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:31 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
don't preschool morahs know this already? I really hope the teachers don't judge me...

Playgroup morah responding: of course we know, no preschool morah will be shocked at how a kid comes in dressed!! We don't care if he's wearing crocks, boots or shabbos shoes!
We do care if they got a bath when they needed one, if clothes are clean and child looks well taken care of!!! Smile

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:34 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Dear preschool Morah. I know you know I am sick, but you don't know how my house is/isn't running. My husband does EVERYTHING! DD clothes are clean, always. He does the laundry . But her non matching tights, or coming in crocs instead of shoes, of her not so cutely done hair (yes its brushed after the bath every night) is because she doesnt have a mommy that can wake up with her. Her totty is mommy and totty now. He does a super job. But I cant drive him crazy about every detail. He is juggling it all, work (had to cut down on that) shopping. Childcare, laundry, carpool.
So my kids are happy and loved because totty fills in so much. I spend time with them from my bed or couch.
But no, sometimes they dont look put together.
This has been going on for months.Hopefully in a few weeks I will feel stronger and better. Then I will make dd cute braids, make sure her tights aren't too big and shleppy on her.
For now. Thank you for giving her a great time and all the love in your amazing preschool classroom. She really loves going. Dh even learned to write her mitzvah notes.

Refua sheleima!
I hope you spoke directly to your child's morah to tell her that and don't count on imamother for her to see it!! Wink
It happens numerous times that I start the day making ponies and giving breakfast to kids that didn't get any!! All you have to do is tell the morah!

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 12:36 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

I think most teachers can see a difference if a child is strong willed and an akshen or if there's neglect going on. I wouldn't be insulted if my child's teacher would call me about how my kid is sometimes dressed.
But if mom is sick or there's something going on at home, teachers should be notified.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 1:22 pm
I'm a preschool teacher....
Many of us know! Don't worry.
That said...if your child insists on wearing the thin sweater on a cold day or the crocs when we have requested those not to be worn in school- send a thicker jacket or sneakers or whatever else it is. You may not have had success in them wearing it but we may be able to - or your child may realize they actually are cold once we get to the playground (I've had parents who fully 'took advantage' of this and I'm totally fine with that).

imasinger

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 1:23 pm
Very little is as strong willed as a toddler!

My only suggestion is that you put a warmer coat in with her things, let her wear the thin pink jacket, but make sure Morah has the other option available too.

Sometimes, kids will cooperate away from home, especially when all their peers are wearing winter coats.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 1:24 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
One ds insisted on wearing a home made Uncle Moshe tshirt every day. I made 2 using undershirts. It was kind of funny. Every day he got dressed and put on this tshirt over his clothing.

That's really cute.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics