Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you have an extra freezer?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 5:55 pm
I could really use one but cant afford it. So how many of you have an extra freezer besides for the one that comes with your fridge?
And if yes, when did you get it? How far into your marriage?

I only have one baby so I keep pushing it off....

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:05 pm
We do, given to us by someone who won it in an auction and didn't have room for it!

But we live OOT and use it primarily to store enough chicken, meat, bread, milk etc. to last us in between trips to restock.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:07 pm
You can get a chest freezer for about $250.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:10 pm
We were gifted ours by a wealthy family member when my first child was born.

lavenderchimes

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:11 pm
I wish! It would be well worth the money, but we Reallllly don't have the space:/

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:16 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
You can get a chest freezer for about $250.

I got a chest freezer about 9 years into my marriage. I should’ve done it sooner. I spent a lot of time using other people’s freezer space.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:16 pm
I had one since before I got married. Takes up valuable space in my tiny apartment but it’s worth it!

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:17 pm
lavenderchimes wrote:
I wish! It would be well worth the money, but we Reallllly don't have the space:/
I kept it in my kids bedroom until I moved to a larger space.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:19 pm
DH came to the marriage with a freezer chest. He bought an extra fridge/freezer. Then we he added one near the Pesach kitchen, and we have a big freezer in the main kitchen.

watergirl

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:20 pm
We got a used one off a local rummage group just last year. Over 12 years after marriage.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:21 pm
Being that I don't really have room for a freezer, I chose to get a mini freezer. Its about half the size as a regular tall one.
I bought it second hand to bring down the cost.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I could really use one but cant afford it. So how many of you have an extra freezer besides for the one that comes with your fridge?
And if yes, when did you get it? How far into your marriage?

I only have one baby so I keep pushing it off....

When we first got married, we had one. Two years later we moved to a place that came with a fridge/freezer, so we put ours in the basement. It was mostly used for chagim.
Six years later, we moved to where we are now, and that’s when we got a full freezer. We now have two fridge freezers and a full freezer. I’d like to replace my second fridge/freezer with a full fridge one day.
(Disclaimer: my husband sells appliances)

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:24 pm
I got one when I had two kids. I have always made most of the yamim tovim, including sometimes having family come to me, and I was working and needed to cook ahead. While it is useful, I often wish I had gotten a fridge freezer to help with the extra fridge space I need for yom tov and sometimes just stam but I'd really like one that is two thirds freezer and one third fridge, instead of the other way. And I've never seen that. Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:25 pm
I have a large chest freezer that I bought from someone on Facebook. It was only 300 shekels. I keep it out on the patio, and run the power cord through the bedroom window.

It's worth it, because my apartment has mice. I store all of my food (that isn't in cans or in the fridge) in there. It will certainly make it easier for me to clean for Pesach, I'll just tape the freezer shut and sell it!

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:26 pm
After we converted our two family house to a one family house with bedrooms and laundry room upstairs I bought a standing freezer and put it into my laudry room - built in so looks amazing there. 14 years into marriage. I love it! All my challahs, dessert, chicken, meat, milks etc..

Optione

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 6:50 pm
We bought one when we had room which was also when I was expecting #4.

sky

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 7:08 pm
I have a full upright freezer. (Housewarming Gift from my grandmother) And a very old second fridge/freezer (came with the house but didn’t fit in kitchen).
It is wonderful all year round but especially around Yom Tov and simchas.
I couldn’t survive without.

2mother

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 7:15 pm
I got married with one (gift). I really don't have the space for it but wouldn't give it up! Tons of raw food, soups, baked goods....

SingALong

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 7:48 pm
I bought one when I made my first Pesach, by kid number 5, was married about 12 years. Don’t know how I managed without it till then!

mommyhood

Post Thu, Jan 09 2020, 7:53 pm
I bought one when I was married less than 3 years and kept it in my living room until I moved to a house. I am not a high energy person so I need to cook/bake in advance and freeze or I would be buying more takeout than the cost of the freezer.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen