Home

Please recommend a keyboard or digital piano

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

L K

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 4:52 pm
I’d like to figure out which models are good; will then look for a good deal on those.

Not the $100 Yamahas, their plug ports seem to break rather quickly.

Not $600-1000 tag either.

What’s a better quality keyboard, or something with weighted keys even?

Thanks!

doctorima

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:43 pm
Yamaha PSR-E463 is supposed to be a nice "in-between" keyboard, a solid step up from their beginner keyboards, but with a price tag of $300 much more affordable than something like the Korg PA-600 ($1000).

lkwdlady

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 5:57 pm
Ds has a korg pa 600. It is a professional sound and quality. It’s not cheap. Before that we’ve had various Yamahas.

imasinger

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 6:28 pm
My experience is that many models and price points of keyboards don't do well being plugged and unplugged often.

I've chosen to use a cheaper keyboard and use batteries for my classroom teaching, where I go from room to room.

For our home, it's totally worth it to have a real piano. The sound is tons better, and it's much more satisfying to play. You can often find people giving away pianos or selling them cheaply. With a good person to check them out, you can do really well, if you have the space.

mfb

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 6:33 pm
My ds is dying for a korg 600 to learn how to play. But it’s very expensive and even a used one was going for $700

2cents

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 6:37 pm
imasinger wrote:
My experience is that many models and price points of keyboards don't do well being plugged and unplugged often.

I've chosen to use a cheaper keyboard and use batteries for my classroom teaching, where I go from room to room.

For our home, it's totally worth it to have a real piano. The sound is tons better, and it's much more satisfying to play. You can often find people giving away pianos or selling them cheaply. With a good person to check them out, you can do really well, if you have the space.

Can you please recommend some models that are good to learn from? We don't have room for a piano, but my dd is begging for lessons.

L K

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 10:46 pm
imasinger wrote:

I’m actually looking for an electronic piece to supplement existing piano: I can’t allow little kids to abuse it lol.
And two pianos option have been vetoed by household members Smile)

Violet123

Post  Mon, Jan 13 2020, 11:59 pm
Casio
CDP-235 R
We got it a few years ago though
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars