Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Am I allowed to leave a bad review?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:10 pm
halacha-wise, if a jewish practice treated me really poorly am I allowed to leave a poor review? They were really unfair and charged for me for zero service. I'm so upset that such a wealthy, government funded facility could do this. I tried to fight for my rights but they would have none of it. I feel a need to get it out and that's the lease price they should pay but idk if according to hilchos lashon hara I'm allowed to.
does anyone know?

Twinster

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:18 pm
Best to ask a Rav. You can call the Chofetz Chaim hotline.

Many will say yes. I personally wouldn’t.

nechamashifra

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:19 pm
I’m not a Rabbi but I would hope so. You’re not posting a bad review for the sake of gossip or revenge but in order to protect others from receiving the same bad experience.

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:20 pm
AYLOR,

Twinster

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:21 pm
nechamashifra wrote:
I’m not a Rabbi but I would hope so. You’re not posting a bad review for the sake of gossip or revenge but in order to protect others from receiving the same bad experience.

It’s not so clear. When we’ve been hurt, there’s an element of “getting even” when we speak about it. It’s not so simple to say that you’re only doing it for altruistic reasons.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
halacha-wise, if a jewish practice treated me really poorly am I allowed to leave a poor review? They were really unfair and charged for me for zero service. I'm so upset that such a wealthy, government fundedfacility could do this. I tried to fight for my rights but they would have none of it. I feel a need to get it out and that's the lease price they should pay but idk if according to hilchos lashon hara I'm allowed to.
does anyone know?

If its government funded then the taxpayers have a right to know what is going on so that the issue should be corrected. Hiding behind religion to do unethical things while being a publicly funded agency is not appropriate and should not be tolerated. So if they dont act like frum people then there is no reason not to leave a negative review.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:26 pm
I can honestly say that my reason is just as much revenge as protecting others from going thru this too.
it's just so unfair, they are allowed to steal my money and there's not a thing I can do about it. money doesn't grow on trees for anyone. I work hard for every dollar. their entire facility is government funded and they supposedly give good prices. but they charged me cash, upfront, the maximum amount and then tell me they can't help me in this appointment, I have to make another appointment. why didn't they say this originally. now I have to go back and pay again.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:29 pm
government funded I mean the building was paid for by them, the heavy artwork and furniture and million secretaries and what not, all funded by tax money. idk how the doctors are paid. they gave me a wide price range of what the cost would be and then charged me the max amount and did nothing. I'm so angry, I can't do anything else.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
halacha-wise, if a jewish practice treated me really poorly am I allowed to leave a poor review? They were really unfair and charged for me for zero service. I'm so upset that such a wealthy, government funded facility could do this. I tried to fight for my rights but they would have none of it. I feel a need to get it out and that's the lease price they should pay but idk if according to hilchos lashon hara I'm allowed to.
does anyone know?

As far as I know there are no rabbis on this site. Please ask someone who can give you the right answer.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:33 pm
nechamashifra wrote:

How could u possibly know that?

happyone

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 5:36 pm
call and ask for a supervisor. It may be a billing mistake. From what you describe I gather you are referring to sliding scale fees which are calculated by your income . Gather your facts and get an understanding why they asked you to reschedule before smearing them. They may have seen a bigger issue at your initial appt which is why they would reschedule if they needed more time. This is common in dental clinics and other depts.

finprof

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 6:58 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

Presumably we are all female... although that " it doesn't fit" thread the other day indicates we clearly have lurkers...

Oops, sorry. I thought your reply was to the post about none of us being Rabbis!

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jan 16 2020, 7:16 pm
Based on the way you described the place, I’m thinking its somewhere I used to work . Its probably super similar if not.

I have seen it all in terms of billing and reception, and I think you are jumping the gun.

You need to talk to a higher up at the facility. Places like this have patient services types of people there to help work through things like this. And if you are still unhappy, you should speak to a supervisor.

I am SURE that things can be worked out.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 9:41 am
I spoke to a supervisor and the billing dept. they refused to give me even part of the cash back or even a credit for an actual appt. so they charged me the full amount possible to tell me I need another appt? you tell me, is that reasonable?
say they would actually treat me, they would charge me the full amount too, which I can understand. so why charge me the maximum amount to tell me I need a different appt?

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 10:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I spoke to a supervisor and the billing dept. they refused to give me even part of the cash back or even a credit for an actual appt. so they charged me the full amount possible to tell me I need another appt? you tell me, is that reasonable?
say they would actually treat me, they would charge me the full amount too, which I can understand. so why charge me the maximum amount to tell me I need a different appt?

If they referred you to a specialized
doctor, billing for the visit is common practice anywhere.

If it is for the same doctor, find out why the follow up visit is needed. Maybe they feel this might be something that needs to be observed over specific span of time to see how it progresses and would proceed based on that.

There are lots of other valid reasons common across the board for which another appointment might be necessary. You haven’t provided
enough details for us to get a very good idea of what happened

I truly understand aggravation about medical bills. Ughhhhh

Butif billing is common practice then you might have to justs accept.

Also, bad review isn't necessarily the way to go. I would try to find out more and also try to resolve, find someone else to speak to. And maybe ask to understand versus presenting a complaint. With full understanding maybe you can re- present your issue in a more educated way to your benefit.

malki2

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 10:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can honestly say that my reason is just as much revenge as protecting others from going thru this too.
it's just so unfair, they are allowed to steal my money and there's not a thing I can do about it. money doesn't grow on trees for anyone. I work hard for every dollar. their entire facility is government funded and they supposedly give good prices. but they charged me cash, upfront, the maximum amount and then tell me they can't help me in this appointment, I have to make another appointment. why didn't they say this originally. now I have to go back and pay again.

The CC says that if you have revenge in mind, even if it’s Letoeles, it’s assur. He clearly lists seven conditions that are necessary for disclosing LH Letoeles. Miriam was missing just one, and she got punished. The exception that I might think would apply here would be if the merchant is deliberately trying to cheat his customers. Because then he could be classified as a rasha and the rules would change. But AYLOR.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 10:56 am
malki2 wrote:
The CC says that if you have revenge in mind, even if it’s Letoeles, it’s assur. He clearly lists seven conditions that are necessary for disclosing LH Letoeles. Miriam was missing just one, and she got punished. The exception that I might think would apply here would be if the merchant is deliberately trying to cheat his customers. Because then he could be classified as a rasha and the rules would change. But AYLOR.

ok. this is the type of answer I wanted to hear. thank you for posting.
and thanks for letting me vent.

malki2

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 10:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
ok. this is the type of answer I wanted to hear. thank you for posting.
and thanks for letting me vent.

Happy that I was able to help 😌

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 11:16 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Based on the way you described the place, I’m thinking its somewhere I used to work . Its probably super similar if not.

I have seen it all in terms of billing and reception, and I think you are jumping the gun.

You need to talk to a higher up at the facility. Places like this have patient services types of people there to help work through things like this. And if you are still unhappy, you should speak to a supervisor.

I am SURE that things can be worked out.

By the way she described the place, there are at least 2 places in Brooklyn I could think of.

nechamashifra

Post Fri, Jan 17 2020, 2:44 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

Ok, maybe I phrased it wrong. What I mean is I think that leaving honest reviews is important....how else are potential customers supposed to make informed purchases/decisions?

Whether she's angry or not, it would still be an honest review and helpful to others.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics