Home

Styling my sheitel for wedding

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:58 am
I need some cool hairstyle ideas for my sheitel for my brother's wedding. I consider myself pretty fashion forward, probably less so now that I live OOT.
I would love to do a headband with huge pearls, but my sheitel isn't flat enough. I'm considering removing wefts anyway to keep it more up to date, but before I go ahead and commit to that, anyone have any other cool ideas? I'm sick of all the clips (unless you can find a super funky one that I haven't seen yet!)
Back to top

amother




Crimson
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:00 am
I love the simple chic updos, the braids with pearls/rhinestones....

Ahuva sanik on Instagram has some cool ideas.
Back to top

amother




Tangerine
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need some cool hairstyle ideas for my sheitel for my brother's wedding. I consider myself pretty fashion forward, probably less so now that I live OOT.
I would love to do a headband with huge pearls, but my sheitel isn't flat enough. I'm considering removing wefts anyway to keep it more up to date, but before I go ahead and commit to that, anyone have any other cool ideas? I'm sick of all the clips (unless you can find a super funky one that I haven't seen yet!)

Are headbands in? I’ve only seen them on chasidish women who sort of cover- then again I know so little bout fashion! Just wondering Hi
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:05 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I love the simple chic updos, the braids with pearls/rhinestones....

Ahuva sanik on Instagram has some cool ideas.


K I'm gonna look that's a great idea! Tyvm!!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:06 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Are headbands in? I’ve only seen them on chasidish women who sort of cover- then again I know so little bout fashion! Just wondering Hi


Yesssssss!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/6.....w_wcB
Back to top

amother




Tangerine
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yesssssss!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/6.....w_wcB

Oh wow!!! Love it!!! Now if I only had a simchah lol!!!
Back to top

asmileaday




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yesssssss!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/6.....w_wcB


You can find it much cheaper on Shein.com , just saying!
Headbands are definitely in.

Op check out Instagram. There are soooo many ideas there. Sticking on loose pearls on a finished do is also very in.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7.....wag4x
Back to top

asmileaday




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:20 am
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7.....wtplb
Back to top

asmileaday




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:21 am
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7.....76eds
Back to top

amother




Tangerine
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:22 am
Omg:
These are beautiful
I love when things change instead of same old same old
Back to top

amother




Chocolate
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:32 am
Ugh I have an event in Montreal tonight, wish I can do something like this but don't think I can so last minute... these things look beautiful tho.
Back to top

amother




Wheat
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:44 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Ugh I have an event in Montreal tonight, wish I can do something like this but don't think I can so last minute... these things look beautiful tho.

A visit to a crafts store can get you those pearls and they're stuck in with bobby pins. Some wig stylists have/sell them in their salon.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 11:12 am
asmileaday wrote:
You can find it much cheaper on Shein.com , just saying!
Headbands are definitely in.

Op check out Instagram. There are soooo many ideas there. Sticking on loose pearls on a finished do is also very in.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7.....wag4x


I knowwwww I wish I can do a headband! We'll see....maybe I'll end up removing those wefts.
Thanks I love this! I'm definitely gonna do this if I don't go the removing-wefts-for-headband route
Back to top

asmileaday




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 11:15 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
A visit to a crafts store can get you those pearls and they're stuck in with bobby pins. Some wig stylists have/sell them in their salon.


No it's stuck on with either clear lash glue or super strong styling gel. Bobby pins would be bulky and disturb the style.
Back to top

Rutabaga




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 1:45 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Bodermi.....RF6RZ
Back to top

amother




Jade
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 2:12 pm
love these ideas! I also have an upcoming wedding. Does anyone know if I can put extensions in my sheitel? I want it up but my sheitel might not be long enough...
Back to top

amother




Cyan
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 2:24 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Bodermincer-Fashion-wedding-Wedding-Accessories/dp/B06XNRF6RZ


I like that much better than the huge pearls. Looks like a young girl’s accessory, not for a grown woman,
Back to top

amother




Chocolate
 

Post  Sun, Jan 19 2020, 2:53 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
A visit to a crafts store can get you those pearls and they're stuck in with bobby pins. Some wig stylists have/sell them in their salon.


I had my wig done just the usual way I do it before traveling here, didn't book someone here to redo it today. If I try to do anything myself it would just look like a mess. Oh well.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Wedding or hachnassas sefer torah WWYD
by amother
32 Today at 7:24 pm View last post
Wedding halls in brooklyn
by amother
8 Yesterday at 10:56 pm View last post
Converting a sheitel to a hat-fall in Jerusalem
by mp5
0 Sun, Feb 23 2020, 5:36 am View last post
by mp5
Instagram for kids wedding hair styles
by amother
2 Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:15 pm View last post
Very comfortable sheitel
by amother
4 Wed, Feb 19 2020, 8:09 pm View last post

Jump to: