Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
S/O big houses: Dare To Dream
Previous  1  2  3  Next

leah233

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:08 pm
I would like to drive up through fifty feet of trees on both sides to get to the huge well-kept garden in front of my house. With a back deck over looking the woods with a nice brook running through.

But also live walking distance to shopping and shuls and neighbors...

amother
Green

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:34 pm
leah233 wrote:
I would like to drive up through fifty feet of trees on both sides to get to the huge well-kept garden in front of my house. With a back deck over looking the woods with a nice brook running through.

But also live walking distance to shopping and shuls and neighbors...

That’s pushing it, but I’ll try

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 1:54 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Planning the layout for my house now and trying to fit it all in
Please remember to invite us to the chanukas habayis.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:05 pm
I would like a new kitchen
washer and dryer on floors with bedrooms
a jacuzzi for master bed room
more closets in the basement an attic to store junk
a garage with closets and drawers

esther11

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:15 pm
A big laundry/storage room
A sensory gym
A Rec room for games, pool table, easels for art, musical instruments, etc. obviously has chill couches and surround sound music. Duh. Maybe a full surround sound music system for the whole house.
Build in closet shelving
2 more bedrooms with individual full bathrooms for guests/older kids to have their own space.
Full time cleaning help
An eat-in kitchen
Dining table with a bunch of leaves so it can be adjusted depending on our need
Redo the master bathroom. And main bathroom.

I can keep going but I think I should stop LOL

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:26 pm
Bh I have what I need in my home. The few things I really want are:
1. A playroom that is HUMONGOUS off my dining room so it becomes a simcha room. I may actually add it on one day.
2. A nice inground pool
3. A full time cleaner. Right now I chose not to have a cleaning lady but it would be nice to have one.
Bh I have a nice sized kitchen with 3 sinks and two dishwashers. Dh is Handy so all my closets are customized etc.

And I may put in a small pesach kitchen now ...

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:28 pm
This is so fun. I'm naturally messy so a lot of built-ins that will make organization easy

Custom walk-in closets for my clothing and shoes. More importantly, for my husbands clothing and shoes that always seems to be lying around!

Walk-in pantry off the kitchen, already equipped with those pretty lucite organizer bins.

Modern large eat-in kitchen with 2 sinks and counters, lots of shelf space, and fun gadgets such as a warming drawer, hot water faucet, etc

Washing station built-in off dining room

Large kids playroom with all the big fun toys and sets I dont have room for in my apt.

Master bathroom with tub

In general lots of natural sunlight and a modern, open style

lamplighter

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I would love to live in a house Very Happy

Thank you for this.
Thank you for putting things into perspective for me.
I needed to hear this today.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:57 pm
My own mikvah in the basement!

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 3:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please remember to invite us to the chanukas habayis.

Maybe virtual. I’m not good with strangers

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 3:28 pm
I'm in Monsey. Besides my mansion in Monsey with everything everyone posted before me,I'd like to have:
A house in Miami
A house in Tzefas
A house in Yerushalayim.

Miami:
On the beach.
Windows all over especially overlooking the beach. A pool on the beach. An indoor pool.

Tzefas.
In the Old city. A dome in the house. Overlooking Mount Meron.

Yerushalayim.
Gorgeous open floor plan, windows overlooking Yerushalayim. Walking distance to the Kosel.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 3:56 pm
a big garden with play set and trampoline for the kids to play in the fresh air. house should be a duplex with abasement for storage. in new condition please. I'm happy as is. but this is my dream. I live right now in atop apartment where its super hot in the summer and freezing cold in th winter. together with nests of ants which we can't get rid of. mold on the ceiling and ceiling falling down... bh we are healthy thats the main. it is a big place. bh and nice neighbours so.... hope to find my dream house soon ijh!!

ora_43

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 4:28 pm
Three bedrooms that each have their own full bathroom, so that I don't have to listen to teenage girls fighting over showers.

Another two bedrooms and full bathroom. A living/dining room, playroom, music room, and small sunny room with a good view that will be my office space which nobody else enters. I guess dh can have a man cave while I'm at it. A balcony, but only one floor off the ground because I don't like heights.

Located opposite a park (it's like a garden, but someone else's problem), surrounded by lovely friendly neighbors.

No kitchen, because as long as I'm dreaming, I get all my food delivered.

OK, one small dairy oven so that kids can entertain themselves making cupcakes. And of course a nice large counter with room for my state of the art coffee machine.

And to top it off, an entire guest suite with 2-3 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 4:34 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
My own mikvah in the basement!
IIRC, there's some issue with that. Anyone familiar?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 4:44 pm
An indoor gym because the weather here is so awful for much of the year that I want the kids to have a big space to run around, play, throw balls, ride bikes (other than my living room).

A balcony off my bedroom with a comfy chair and retractable shade. A lock on my bedroom! A private bathroom and shower IN MY ROOM!

A large eat-in kitchen with a flash freezer and vacuum sealer, solid gas stove, lots of counter, oven, fridge and freezer space. Super-fast dishwasher. Drain in the floor. Plus a washer and dryer for the tablecloths and towels! And it should have doors that LOCK. Yay!

A Pesach closet in the den that opens to be a full galley kitchen.

A very large dining room to host lots of people comfortably.

A balcony off the dining room for a sukkah.

Two guest suites in the walk-out basement so we can give guests a comfortable and private space.

A garage that connects to the house, with a mudroom off of it.

Enough bedrooms and bathrooms to give each of my kids space.

A reading nook at the top of the steps so that the kids can have a place to hang out in pajamas when there are guests on the main floor.

A big swingset/playscape in the gated yard with a comfortable place for me to sit so I can sit and work while watching them play. A shed for the outdoor toys.

A little private sound insulated sunny office just for me, located off the kitchen.

...All on my perfect corner lot, that I have had my eye on for years.

afather

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 4:54 pm
Hey mamas, where's my sauna, home office, and backyard deck for grilling and chilling?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 4:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
IIRC, there's some issue with that. Anyone familiar?
yes. You can’t get a hechsher for a private Mikvah.
You’re also not supposed to say no if someone asks you to use it. Some chasidim have Mikvahs in their house, but only for men. Erev y”k, the ladies will also use it.

bnm

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 6:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is an old one. I hate to cook. My dream is to convert my kitchen to a sitting room and have a chef deliver meals daily...Oooooh.

My English Professor said something about converting hers to a library.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 6:22 pm
afather wrote:
Hey mamas, where's my sauna, home office, and backyard deck for grilling and chilling?

Oops forgot about you! You can have a workshop for all your tools and technology that you tinker around with. And someone to come once a week and organize it too.

And a soundproof bathroom. LOL

IBS isn't the silent disease that's for sure...

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 6:39 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I thought I was the only one with this fantasy!!!

We once had an intern whose family never connected the oven. They used it to store things.

You too can live the dream
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics