Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Are proud to be on Imamother?
1  2  Next

Are proud to be on Imamother?
I'm proud and publicize the site  
 26%  [ 25 ]
I'm OK with it and tell a few select ppl  
 53%  [ 51 ]
I'm embarrassed and don't tell anyone  
 20%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 95

amother

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 2:28 pm
Are you embarrased to be on imamother...like and would never mention to a family member or friend a topic from here? or do you ref. it all the time and recommend it to your friends? etc?

Maya

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 2:30 pm
I refer to it all the time. I'm ashamed to admit how much time I spend on it, but I really enjoy and gain a lot from the threads.

Maya

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 2:33 pm
I'll answer here, but I think these two thread will cause lots of confusion.

I refer to it all the time. I'm ashamed to admit how much time I spend on it, but I really enjoy and gain a lot from the threads.

Love My Babes

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 2:45 pm
amother who created this thread, y are you amother? if u are embarressed, dont come on this site. I understand ppl wanting to be annoymous, but not if u are embarressed to be here, then its not for you.

the poll doesnt give me the option of voting I dont know why, but I would say that I am constantly quoting things ive read, even tho im not on here so often!!!!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 2:53 pm
You think I'm this outspoke irl ?

miriamnechama

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 5:08 pm
I tell everyone...who can gain from it.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 5:09 pm
I've told people, but not my screen name!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 6:41 pm
Love My Babe wrote:
amother who created this thread, y are you amother? if u are embarressed, dont come on this site. I understand ppl wanting to be annoymous, but not if u are embarressed to be here, then its not for you.

the poll doesnt give me the option of voting I dont know why, but I would say that I am constantly quoting things ive read, even tho im not on here so often!!!!

OP here...I may be embarrassed and not want to tell ppl but still like coming to the site, obviously or I wouldn't still come to it...u don't have to say "don't come on this site/its not for you"
and from the poll it looks like there are others who don't publicise it too...

I was just curious so I started the poll. and I didn't want to give my screenname bec I figured there'd be some comments/opinions like yours and then ppl would associate me with being embarrassed to come on this site/ that its not for me etc....

Tefila

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 7:46 pm
Oy I'm a baal Gaivah........................

technic

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 7:50 pm
im proud 2 b on it but I dont tell pple bcos I want my PRIVACY!!!...but if I ask a question here on behalf of a friend, ill tell them im posting on a forum (but w out the name)...

amother

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 9:46 pm
I also like ocming to the site but I am very embarrassed about it. I would not tell anyone irl that I go to this site

grin

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 2:54 am
I find this site to be an amazing source of chesed opportunities: plain chizuk, giving and getting advice, Tehilim being said, DT halachas being learned and it just goes on and on.
But I guess like everything else in this wrold, each one goes in the direction of their own bechira.

mimivan

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 3:30 am
I love this site, obviously, but I would be careful who I would tell about it...no one too prudish or "sheltered" because I know my eyes have been opened since I've been here about a lot of things that go on in the frum world (mostly good...but some not so nice)..also, in spite of occasional conflicts, I think most people generally get along.

All in all, this is a great site!

LuckyMum

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 6:06 am
LOVE this site! I find it informative, helpful & entertaining! Their is absolutely NOTHING embarrasing about being a part of this wonderful unification of mothers of klal Yisroel!! I tell everyone who I think will use and enjoy it! Just one thing I agree is emmbarassing is sharing my name - I like the fact that its private and I can feel free to ask or say anything without worry of what ppl think...

First Lady

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 10:39 pm
What is there to be embarrassed of on being on a frum Jewish Website What

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 11:10 pm
I won't vote because none of the options fit me, but I will tell you what I think. I absolutely love this site and am addicted to it. I tell people things I learn or hear here all the time. But (now here comes the big but...) I never tell them where I heard that piece of info, since most people don't know that I have internet. Most of me friends would not think very positively of the fact that I have internet. There are various reasons that I have it but I don't publicize it.

So my answer is that I love it, talk about what I read here, but without specifying where I read it.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 24 2008, 7:01 am
Most frum women here aren't interested in an English site and a very very very frum standard, but I advertise the site when I can...

mimivan

Post Thu, Jan 24 2008, 7:06 am
Rosemarie wrote:
I won't vote because none of the options fit me, but I will tell you what I think. I absolutely love this site and am addicted to it. I tell people things I learn or hear here all the time. But (now here comes the big but...) I never tell them where I heard that piece of info, since most people don't know that I have internet. Most of me friends would not think very positively of the fact that I have internet. There are various reasons that I have it but I don't publicize it.

So my answer is that I love it, talk about what I read here, but without specifying where I read it.

yeah, with some people it's like this with me too, Rosemarie..I find I have to be careful...

First Lady

Post Thu, Jan 24 2008, 9:23 am
But that is being embarrassed about having the internet to begin with, not particularly being on this website.

Fox

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 12:08 am
I feel that I really owe a lot to imamother. I have learned so much and been encouraged to reach for a higher standard in a lot of areas.

I'll give you just one example: I am embarrassed to say that I never covered my hair when I went to sleep. No big hashkafic decision -- no one ever mentioned it and it never came up in conversation. DH wasn't exactly a big expert, either, and I'm sure neither of our mothers wore any kind of hair covering in bed. Well, after reading a lot of posts, I decided that this was an area in which I had been inadvertently lax, and I started covering my hair when I go to sleep. DH was really impressed!

Perhaps this isn't true of every community or neighborhood, but I personally find it very hard to "make myself a rebbetzin" -- it's been very hard for me to find a knowledgeable, personable, "normal" woman whom I can model myself after. So sometimes I end up defaulting to what my mother did, which is not always the standard for which I want to aim.

Anyway, imamother fills an important role in my life. In fact, I quote "Mama Bear" so often that DH now asks "Well, what do you think Mama Bear would say?" or "Have you asked what to do on imamother?" Very Happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics