Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Are proud to be on Imamother?
Previous  1  2

Are proud to be on Imamother?
I'm proud and publicize the site  
 26%  [ 25 ]
I'm OK with it and tell a few select ppl  
 53%  [ 51 ]
I'm embarrassed and don't tell anyone  
 20%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 95

amother

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 12:30 am
In general I dont mind this site and there is so much to learn from eachother! BUT, I have a huge issue with the lack of tznius on this site esspecially about marriage...even though its anonamys and no one knows who your husbands are, what is intimate should stay that way!!! It should never ever leave your bedroom walls. That is the idea of holy..kadosh...which means separate. I hope some mothers out there take this to heart. Help us keep intimacy a delicate and sensitive topic by not posting info for all to read. The Rabbanim and Rebbatzins are there for a reason and they are not shy! So find one that you are comfortable to ask all your questions too. I hope I am clear.

Akeres Habayis

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 4:35 am
amother1:30am I think you just abused amother Confused why,I think what you said was valid and great,what's the reason for using amother?
this is what I find annoying,amother is abused too much,if you use it u should state why u used it Confused
I enjoy the site,I'm not embarrassed that I have internet,if people cant accept me for me,then they aren't worth being friends with.if I get great advice from here I share it,and tell the person where I got it.I dont broadcast it,and I love the advice that is given on the site,and for sure it makes me look at my marriage and realize that I have a good thing,BH!

mimivan

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 4:42 am
neshamarut wrote:
amother1:30am I think you just abused amother Confused why,I think what you said was valid and great,what's the reason for using amother?
this is what I find annoying,amother is abused too much,if you use it u should state why u used it Confused
I enjoy the site,I'm not embarrassed that I have internet,if people cant accept me for me,then they aren't worth being friends with.if I get great advice from here I share it,and tell the person where I got it.I dont broadcast it,and I love the advice that is given on the site,and for sure it makes me look at my marriage and realize that I have a good thing,BH!

Is it abusing amother just to post anonymously for no apparent reason??That's kind of strong language. Sometimes people have very good reasons and don't want to write a whole megillah on why they post anonymously.

I thought abusing the anonymous feature was when someone hides behind a mask to insult or belittle others, to introduce a controversial topic just to make trouble, or to troll...
btw, in case you are wondering, I"m not the amother at 1:30 Wink

Akeres Habayis

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 6:06 am
mimivan lol,I didnt mean to offend the amother,its soo frustrating when someone say something very insightful(which she did) only to see its an amother,which takes away from the post Sad

mimivan

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 6:58 am
Yes, understood...I also know someone who posts as amother quite frequently and I really want to know who she is because she says such insightful things.

But then there are the amother "abusers" and that's something different (and thankfully, rare.)

technic

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 7:10 am
neshamarut wrote:
mimivan lol,I didnt mean to offend the amother,its soo frustrating when someone say something very insightful(which she did) only to see its an amother,which takes away from the post Sad

why does it take away from the post???? the insight is still there... Scratching Head

Akeres Habayis

Post Mon, Jan 28 2008, 3:11 am
I guess, I pay more attention to that person's post,bc,
when you see the insight you are drawn to it,and want to find more of what that person has to say. Very Happy

mimivan

Post Mon, Jan 28 2008, 3:27 am
Yeah, I find I'm ignored more often when I post anon...

Love My Babes

Post Wed, Jan 30 2008, 5:44 pm
Quote:
OP here...I may be embarrassed and not want to tell ppl but still like coming to the site, obviously or I wouldn't still come to it...u don't have to say "don't come on this site/its not for you"
and from the poll it looks like there are others who don't publicise it too...

op, I dont think u are required to tell anyone that u read things on the internet and its ok to be uncomfotable about it. what I thought was wrong was that ppl come out anonymously, yet publicly say they are embarressed that they are here. its my own opinion but I think its disrespectful to those who give their heart and soul into creating a site where frum women should feel comfortable being who they are, and its like slapping them in the face saying, btw, im embarressed to be here...

its ok to be embarressed, but u dont have to make threads announcing it. maybe im wrong. its just my opinion.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics