Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I need humor. Tell me everything a rotten tenant would do
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:32 pm
And make me feel better about the obnoxious, narcissistic, stubborn and insane people currently sharing our home Banging head

Shabbosiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:35 pm
Upstairs or downstairs? Answers may vary

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:42 pm
Shabbosiscoming wrote:
Upstairs or downstairs? Answers may vary

To the side and under? Homes are stacked like tertis peices Very Happy

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:47 pm
Ride bikes and rollerblades in the house.
Blast loud music and jump around in middle of the night.
Throw trash on the floor.
Not take out the trash on garbage pickup day.

sky

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:50 pm
Play ping pong against the walls
Their 13 yr old son is learning to play the drums
Bikes are left on all walkways
They use the air conditioner in the winter
Have pkgs (lots of big ones) delivered to your door when they are not home.
Bought a loud dog
Leave their garbage bags outside the door all day and night until they are ready to walk to the garbage can. (Squirrels love those).
Leave dirty diapers outside their door.
Ask you to babysit their kids when they run out at night.
Grill chicken so they set off the fire alarm - every night.
Send you their leftovers (without asking)
Borrow money
Leave ice pop wrappers all over the yard
Park their car and take up 2 spots
Block your car in the driveway with theirs and then walks to the supermarket right when you need to leave.

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:52 pm
This was our landlord, not a tenant. They shut the air conditioning before they left town for Shabbos, because they didn't see our car so they thought we weren't home for Shabbos. Mind you I worked until a couple of hours before Shabbos, so our car was never there that early on Friday. Also we didn't get to park in the driveway, and it was a busy area, sometimes we had to park all the way down the block and around the corner, did they check out the entire neighborhood before they shut the A/C?

That was a very fun Shabbos Can't Believe It

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:57 pm
Stopped paying rent because there is an animal (the size of a cow- but not a cow they claimed) living in between their ceiling and our floor. This is in Brooklyn.
But when asked to work with the exterminator refused!
Then got all upset when we asked them to leave- how can you throw us out on the street.

One of our crimes against her was that we stole her Oorah cucumber magnet.- it arrived to our door and my kids grabbed one each. I casually mentioned at the time “I’m sure you’re okay with that” and really she wasn’t but was too embarrassed to say anything.

cbsp

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 11:58 pm
I lived in a basement.
The tenants above us had a trampoline in the room above my bed. I woke up many mornings covered with paint and plaster chips because the jumping was so intense.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 12:04 am
Play "kugelech" on the floor, the rhythm is awesome...

Drag a chairon the floor.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 12:27 am

blessedflower

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 2:27 am
Scream 10 pm in the hallway ''moishy do you want some ice cream'' (he is 4yo) in the hope to find him. And waking my dd
Knocks on your door 11pm if you can check on the kid until 1 in the morning (I was already in nightgown only opened door because she didn't stop knocking and I thought maybe it's an emergency)
Noise noise and more noise
Oh and did I mention the kids crying 24/7

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:24 am
Leave food cooking until smoke detector beeps for a long time and when you finally go check it out you find the whole kitchen full of smoke because someone left a broiled chicken on broil again and left the house for "just 5 minutes"

Leaves a huge commercial sized monster of a crockpot cooking in the hallway.....on the carpet.....plugged in....and you hear it sizzling and when you make your neighbor aware of it they don't see what the big deal is

When you complain to your landlord who happens to live on top of you that there's water leaking from the bathroom ceiling and does nothing but four weeks later he comes banging on your door because now the leak has finally reached the basement and his office is getting flooded and then when he is done repairing the leak he leaves a huge gaping wide hole in your ceiling.

The opera style singing coming from basement at all hours of day or night because your landlord thinks he's the next greatest chazzan

The landlady's nosiness. Every. Single. Day. What are you making for supper. Why is the water bill so high. Why are your kids up so early. Why do your kids go to sleep so late. Why do you do this. Why do you do that. Can I borrow this. Can I borrow that. Oh you have mice? Well what do you know, such a coincidence.... So do I. You want to miceproof? Sorry too much money. Why is your sukkah not up yet? Why is your sukkah still up?

The single son still living at home banging his feet when he walks with shoes or without

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:47 am
Love it Laugh
Yall are making me feel better. Keep em coming

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 7:49 am
Tru story tenant sold stole washing and dryer and flooded the house now it’s full of mold stole TVs all electronics

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 8:07 am
My upstairs neighbors kids used to throw garbage onto our laundry porch . The worst was when they threw chocolate pudding onto my husband's white shirts . We eventually put a semi roof over it .

SuperWify

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 8:20 am
Leave their dirty diapers outside so it blows onto our porch...

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 8:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Love it Laugh
Yall are making me feel better. Keep em coming

I had to like your post for your great attitude.

I just want to hug y'all (plural, everyone here).

mfb

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 9:13 am
Relative had a tenant that hoarded garbage that he picked up from what people threw out (broken bikes, air conditioners...) and left it all over the front and back yard. And didn’t pay rent until called to court, as soon as court was over stopped paying again.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 9:31 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Stopped paying rent because there is an animal (the size of a cow- but not a cow they claimed) living in between their ceiling and our floor. This is in Brooklyn.
But when asked to work with the exterminator refused!
Then got all upset when we asked them to leave- how can you throw us out on the street.

One of our crimes against her was that we stole her Oorah cucumber magnet.- it arrived to our door and my kids grabbed one each. I casually mentioned at the time “I’m sure you’re okay with that” and really she wasn’t but was too embarrassed to say anything.

It actually is a crime to take someone else's mail. Just sayin'

I also hate when people say "I'm sure you're okay with that" to me. Very presumptuous.

Sorry, lady. You are in the wrong here. I wouldn't treat my tenant this way.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 9:48 am
Friday afternoon, water suddenly pouring down from my dining room ceiling onto my set table. I frantically knock on my tenants door fearing they're not home. After many minutes of knocking and non stop water gushing, the guy yells it's ok it's under control yet refuses to allow us in. Water still continued pouring in. Not leaking or dripping-pouring. Eventually stopped but still refused to let us in or say what happened.
We gave up. Put buckets up and ate the meals at a friend's house.

Whew are we glad not to be landlords anymore.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics