Home

Are your married children living in Israel coming home early

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:48 am
My son and his 4 children are coming home tomorrow to England instead of 2 weeks later because they are worried they will be stuck there. I am so not prepared. It’s mad. I haven’t started pesach cleaning.
Back to top

amother




Floralwhite
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My son and his 4 children are coming home tomorrow to England instead of 2 weeks later because they are worried they will be stuck there. I am so not prepared. It’s mad. I haven’t started pesach cleaning.


I would go shopping for a head brace.

I would also need to break the bank in order to support another family of 6. A robbery might be a good idea now.
They might just send you home to quarantine. 😝

I'm becoming corny.


Can your son kindly do pesach by himself?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:06 am
I wish...
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:08 am
Hope they won't have to go into quarantine when they return home. Under the current policy they will, but nobody knows what policies will be in place after Pesach.
Back to top

amother




Floralwhite
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wish...


I would be furious.

I mean I love my kids and all but seriously...
To have 4 school-less kids and two Jobless schedule-less adults and a possiblity of all of us being in quarantine?
For 5 plus weeks?
In such a hectic time?

I can't see myself handling this very well.

🙈🙈🙈
Back to top

amother




Tangerine
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:18 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I would be furious.

I mean I love my kids and all but seriously...
To have 4 school-less kids and two Jobless schedule-less adults and a possiblity of all of us being in quarantine?
For 5 plus weeks?
In such a hectic time?

I can't see myself handling this very well.

🙈🙈🙈
Actually, two jobless schedule-less adults should roll up their sleeves and help full time the parents make Pesach. With proper planning and good attitude, it's a win-win.
Back to top

studying_torah




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:19 am
Great another 2 adults to help make pessach, clean, cook etc
Back to top

amother




Floralwhite
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:20 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Actually, two jobless schedule-less adults should roll up their sleeves and help full time the parents make Pesach. With proper planning and good attitude, it's a win-win.


I shall hope they do so.
Given that they have 4 school-less kids my guess is that they will be pretty busy as is.
Back to top

amother




Tangerine
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:22 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I shall hope they do so.
Given that they have 4 school-less kids my guess is that they will be pretty busy as is.
Just daven they don't bring corona with them to the UK...
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:30 am
Their children would be schooless in Israel anyway as their school closed early...
Back to top

Iymnok




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:23 am
Many of my friends are staying here in E"Y for Pesach. Two weeks quarantine in the US and another two weeks when they return is just not worth it.
Back to top

juggling




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:34 am
Iymnok wrote:
Many of my friends are staying here in E"Y for Pesach. Two weeks quarantine in the US and another two weeks when they return is just not worth it.

Wait, why two weeks' quarantine in the US? I don't think I saw anything like that being declared. I'm not saying they should go, but I don't think that's accurate at this time.
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:35 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Just daven they don't bring corona with them to the UK...

Or catch it from anyone while they are there...
Back to top

Iymnok




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:51 am
juggling wrote:
Wait, why two weeks' quarantine in the US? I don't think I saw anything like that being declared. I'm not saying they should go, but I don't think that's accurate at this time.

Things could change in 2-3 weeks.
Back to top

shabbatiscoming




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Their children would be schooless in Israel anyway as their school closed early...
Schools here close a week before pesach, at least the national religious schools do. I have no idea how much before the charedi school system closes, but they will definitely be missing school.

These adults are going to miss so much work/learning and loss out parnasa wise. And probably will be in quarantine when they get back. It might be financially a better idea to stay put if they can.
Back to top

Raisin




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:12 am
My married neice in Israel cancelled her trip to family in the UK for pesach.
Back to top

amother




cornflower
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:36 am
10 family members already flew in to ny before they knew about the sel quarantine rule going back to isreal for a wedding Sunday the brides side won’t call it off and the grandmother of the groom can’t fly to the wedding
400 people are invited many people have canceled some were asked not to come based on where they live
Back to top

amother




Taupe
 

Post  Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:44 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
10 family members already flew in to ny before they knew about the sel quarantine rule going back to isreal for a wedding Sunday the brides side won’t call it off and the grandmother of the groom can’t fly to the wedding
400 people are invited many people have canceled some were asked not to come based on where they live


I’m trying to say this nicely. You have a very clear pattern of writing irrelevant information on a thread and then repeating it on 10 different ones. We got it, you know ppl that are making a wedding etc. you know that in new rochellle the rav etc.
Back to top

familyfirst




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Mar 13 2020, 3:10 am
2 comments:
1) I truly hope bride’s side doesn’t fall off wedding because of corona
2) while writers comments can be annoyingly redundant, there could be an issue we don’t know about
Best to read and move on
Back to top

shabbatiscoming




 
 
 
 

Post  Sat, Mar 14 2020, 5:53 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
10 family members already flew in to ny before they knew about the sel quarantine rule going back to isreal for a wedding Sunday the brides side won’t call it off and the grandmother of the groom can’t fly to the wedding
400 people are invited many people have canceled some were asked not to come based on where they live
Well, the newest rule here in Israel, is no gathering of more than 10 people, so this will be a very small wedding.
Smachot and health, everything else is just the frosting on top.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach

Related Topics Replies Last Post
The Word Of Yeshayahu Is Finally Coming to Fruition
by Yael
0 Yesterday at 1:04 pm View last post
by Yael
Craniofacial Center Medical City Children's-Dallas BC 1 Sun, Jul 12 2020, 5:17 pm View last post
Wired computer equipment which you use in Israel?
by amother
0 Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:44 pm View last post
HPV in Israel and abroad.
by amother
29 Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:36 pm View last post
Investing in real estate in Israel
by amother
4 Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:28 pm View last post

Jump to: